Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Shield Cracking VoQuv
05-07-2012, 11:12 AM
Greetings All,

Ive recently switched to an all Tetryon Turret and Tetryon Glider build for my VoQuv and have been very impressed with its results.

Now that we have the new Advanced version of the BOP all my Carrier needs to do is weaken the targets shields enough for my 4 BOP to get off their HY2 Quantums Torps.

Even with all the nerfs Tetryon Glider comes up huge with an all turret build.

My Glider drains about 34 shield per Bolt fired for each of my 6 Tetryon Turrets and with Cannon Rapid fire 2 the chance to hit my Tetryon Proc on my turret themselves is huge and it comes up often.

Im stripping shield facing on Elite Tactical Cubes with little to no problems at all.

Ive also been stacking my Gravity Well 3 and Tykends Rift 1 because both skills active time is 15 seconds, its even better when I get my Doff proc off and get and extra anomaly.

I was able to port most of this build over to my Fed Science alt the now has the Atrox.

The problem with the Atrox is there are currently no Fed Flight Deck Doffs that can reduce hanger launch times in game for them yet and I dont think the Feds will ever get the KDF siphon pods since they are based on Nausicaan technology.

Im using the Omega Shield with the Omega Deflector with the Borg Engines with the Borg Console so I can get the 2 piece bonuses for both sets.

My slotted space doffs really help this build shine:

2 x Very Rare Maintenance Doffs reduced the Cool down on my ET3 skill to 15 seconds and the skill nets me over 10000 hull points each use.

2 x Rare Flight Deck Doffs reduces the launch time of my BOP to about 18 seconds each wing (Very Rare Flight Deck Doffs just seem like over kill)

1 Rare Gravimetric Doff sets up chances to double my Gravity Wells (Very Rare are a bit too Expensive ATM)

Heres a link to my Build, let me know what you think.

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...hp?build=6_329

Good Hunting
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
05-07-2012, 11:30 AM
Don't bother.

Use shield subsystem attack 3. It will drop target shields instantly and you only need one beam weapon to do it.

Use disruptor dual cannons so it puts -10% resistance on target so your pets (BoPs/ToDujs) and a high damage torpedo (bioneural is great) in the other weapon slots.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
05-07-2012, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrSkyfaller
Don't bother.

Use shield subsystem attack 3. It will drop target shields instantly and you only need one beam weapon to do it.

Use disruptor dual cannons so it puts -10% resistance on target so your pets (BoPs/ToDujs) and a high damage torpedo (bioneural is great) in the other weapon slots.
I did not realize that Target Shield Subsystem 3 was so effective or I would have never made the switch over from Disruptor to Tetryon.

I suppose I can still make the best of it without burning another respec.

Ill have to drop my Cannon Rapid fire 2 and slot TSS3 and go with cannon rapid fire 1.

Ill just load up a Tetyron beam array at the Fore or just load up my Disruptor rig again.

Ive used TSS3 before and it never seemed to take shields offline for me, did it receive a buff that I missed or does it just work better with drain builds?

Ive got a few KDF Boff sitting around with TSS3 so Ill give it a shot and see how it goes.

Thanks
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
05-07-2012, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gambit0 View Post
Greetings All,

Ive recently switched to an all Tetryon Turret and Tetryon Glider build for my VoQuv and have been very impressed with its results.

Now that we have the new Advanced version of the BOP all my Carrier needs to do is weaken the targets shields enough for my 4 BOP to get off their HY2 Quantums Torps.

Even with all the nerfs Tetryon Glider comes up huge with an all turret build.

My Glider drains about 34 shield per Bolt fired for each of my 6 Tetryon Turrets and with Cannon Rapid fire 2 the chance to hit my Tetryon Proc on my turret themselves is huge and it comes up often.

Im stripping shield facing on Elite Tactical Cubes with little to no problems at all.

Ive also been stacking my Gravity Well 3 and Tykends Rift 1 because both skills active time is 15 seconds, its even better when I get my Doff proc off and get and extra anomaly.

I was able to port most of this build over to my Fed Science alt the now has the Atrox.

The problem with the Atrox is there are currently no Fed Flight Deck Doffs that can reduce hanger launch times in game for them yet and I dont think the Feds will ever get the KDF siphon pods since they are based on Nausicaan technology.

Im using the Omega Shield with the Omega Deflector with the Borg Engines with the Borg Console so I can get the 2 piece bonuses for both sets.

My slotted space doffs really help this build shine:

2 x Very Rare Maintenance Doffs reduced the Cool down on my ET3 skill to 15 seconds and the skill nets me over 10000 hull points each use.

2 x Rare Flight Deck Doffs reduces the launch time of my BOP to about 18 seconds each wing (Very Rare Flight Deck Doffs just seem like over kill)

1 Rare Gravimetric Doff sets up chances to double my Gravity Wells (Very Rare are a bit too Expensive ATM)

Heres a link to my Build, let me know what you think.

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...hp?build=6_329

Good Hunting
what are your consloes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
05-07-2012, 02:28 PM
For my Atrox carrier, I went with Tetryon Glider + Disruptors. At max Flow Capacitors, Omega Tetryon Glider averages 9x more shield drain than base tetryon procs, so there is no compelling reason to use any tetryon weapons at all. Disruptors seem to complement carriers best because the -10 resist debuff directly benefits all attacking carrier fighters as well.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
05-08-2012, 09:57 AM
I went back to using 5 Disruptor Turrets and 1 Disruptor Beam bank with my VoQuv.

I added target Subsystems Shield 3 and its working out pretty good.

TSS3 has been dropping the shield facing that I hit with it about 95% of the time that I use it.

Sometimes Ill take the targets shields completely off line with TSS3.

Im still using the Tetryon build on my Atrox since I cant slot TSS3 on it.

Im still very high on Tetryon has an energy type.

My Tetryon Turrets each have a 2.5% chance to drain over 250 shield points from the target with each bolt fired and if you add in the guarantied shield drain from Tetryon Glider that can be huge.

CRF1 is the best the that the Atrox can use but Ive not had any problems stripping Elite Tactical Cubes shields with it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
05-08-2012, 10:52 AM
I have two version for my voquv.

The 'damage' version
TSS3 + High Yield 2 + High Yield 1

Equipping 1 dual beam, 1 plasma torpedo and 1 bioneural (or tricobalt if you dont have bioneural) in front, 1 beam array, 1 plasma and 1 chroniton in rear.

Works very well. You load high yield 2, fire TSS3 at target and wait until the high yield 2 is 5 seconds from being ready... and fire the plasma + bioneural. The time it takes TSS3 to complete its firing cycle (and drop shields) is almost exactly the same time it takes a bioneural and plasma torpedo to fly to target 8km.

You end up with your voquv firing 2 plasma heavy torps and 1 bioneural (or tricobalt) that hit almost just after the shields drop. That damage plus your pet damage can kill almost anything.

And

The 'disable' version
TSS3+ TSEngineS2 + TSWeaponS1

For this setup I use full beam arrays.

This one uses the disable abilities to benefit team and pets. TSS3 ...wait until the shields drop and send in the toduj swarm to it fires a torpedo swarm that seriously hurts anything...TEngineS2 is excellent for when TSS3 is in cooldown and you need to stop or increase damage dealt to target..and TSWeapon1 is very handy for high damage targets like borg tac cubes.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
05-08-2012, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrSkyfaller
I have two version for my voquv.

The 'damage' version
TSS3 + High Yield 2 + High Yield 1

Equipping 1 dual beam, 1 plasma torpedo and 1 bioneural (or tricobalt if you dont have bioneural) in front, 1 beam array, 1 plasma and 1 chroniton in rear.

Works very well. You load high yield 2, fire TSS3 at target and wait until the high yield 2 is 5 seconds from being ready... and fire the plasma + bioneural. The time it takes TSS3 to complete its firing cycle (and drop shields) is almost exactly the same time it takes a bioneural and plasma torpedo to fly to target 8km.

You end up with your voquv firing 2 plasma heavy torps and 1 bioneural (or tricobalt) that hit almost just after the shields drop. That damage plus your pet damage can kill almost anything.

And

The 'disable' version
TSS3+ TSEngineS2 + TSWeaponS1

For this setup I use full beam arrays.

This one uses the disable abilities to benefit team and pets. TSS3 ...wait until the shields drop and send in the toduj swarm to it fires a torpedo swarm that seriously hurts anything...TEngineS2 is excellent for when TSS3 is in cooldown and you need to stop or increase damage dealt to target..and TSWeapon1 is very handy for high damage targets like borg tac cubes.
The Bio neural is an outstanding Warhead I used it a lot on my KarFi but over time I was losing out on DPS due to its long cool down.

Ill give the Bio neural a shot on my VoQuv and see how it goes.

The damage build that you mentioned sounds good but how do you deal with targets that move out of your Forward or Rear firing arcs?

One of the main reasons that I have for running mostly Turrets on my VoQuv and my Atrox is they provide consistence damage and what 1 can hit all can hit and turning my Carrier becomes less of an issue with them.

I play my KarFi more like you play your damage VoQuv but the KarFi turns a bit easier.

My KDF and Fed Science Characters that use the VoQuv and Atrox have only been speced out for Energy Weapons so I really cant add torpedo to them without respecing but I think I can get away with using the Bio Neural on my VoQuv at least.

On a Side Note:

I love the pull boost the GW3 got; Im once again pulling targets sideways trying to escape it.

Isometric Charge Console for the Win!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
05-08-2012, 04:53 PM
Repulsor beam easily pushes anything too close circling me to 8km and it lets me turn the ship to face it. Frankly though this hardly ever happens.

Video of it in action:

http://youtu.be/xuQpeQxF2s8


this one uses 2 plasma torps forward, 1 tricobalt rear and was when i was experimenting with high yield 3, high yield 2. didnt have TSS3 in that day.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
05-09-2012, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrSkyfaller
Repulsor beam easily pushes anything too close circling me to 8km and it lets me turn the ship to face it. Frankly though this hardly ever happens.

Video of it in action:

http://youtu.be/xuQpeQxF2s8


this one uses 2 plasma torps forward, 1 tricobalt rear and was when i was experimenting with high yield 3, high yield 2. didnt have TSS3 in that day.
Thats actually quite impressive and all you need to do is pan your camera to pick up front and rear targets.

The HY3 + Bio Neural seems like a very nice 1-2 knock out combo.


It would cost me a respec but I think Id like to try something like this out.

Fore Weapons

Bio Neural, Borg Plasma Torp and Borg Disruptor Beam Array

Aft Weapons

Borg Tricobalt Torp, Borg Plasma Torp and Borg Disruptor Beam Array

Lt. Commander Tactical Station
HY1, HY2 and TSS3
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:59 AM.