Lt. Commander
as you all know i'm sure you've all seen the star trek movie so why not try to place that in the game where players would actually go to that timeline just like the klingon episode missions this going in the romulan episode mission where you go to that time set you fight romulan ships and if possible that massive ship that was used to destroy vulcan i would love to see this put into play and i'm sure every star trek fan out there would like to play it out in game and play it in there own way
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-27-2012, 09:54 PM
That would kind of violate canon, wouldn't it? Not to mention the timeline.

Perhaps as a holodeck simulation, that could work. Though I don't think we'll be fighting the Narada any time soon.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-27-2012, 10:17 PM
The movie was awesome...although how the hell would people in 2409 in an alternate reality to the events of that movie get that holodeck simulation other than Q putting it in?

Maybe a simulation of the worst case scenario against the Romulans: they complete their research on Borg tech (without the feds stopping them?)
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-27-2012, 10:36 PM
I think there was something mentioned a while back about not able to get access to Abrams ideas and storylines, not allowed them or something, which is why we couldn't get uniforms or the Enterprise from that line...
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-28-2012, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsycoticVulcan
That would kind of violate canon, wouldn't it? Not to mention the timeline.

Perhaps as a holodeck simulation, that could work. Though I don't think we'll be fighting the Narada any time soon.
how would it violate canon i mean in game we did do a timeline episode with the klingon missions why not go about through this i believe it would be a completely awsome idea to imput this why it couldn't well i couldn't exactly say for sure but i believe it'd be awsome to actually play out that movie weither it be episoded or from the communitiy but i think it should be made an episode everyone i think would have well lets just say everyone would be pleased to live the movie in game
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-28-2012, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliftona91
The movie was awesome...although how the hell would people in 2409 in an alternate reality to the events of that movie get that holodeck simulation other than Q putting it in?

Maybe a simulation of the worst case scenario against the Romulans: they complete their research on Borg tech (without the feds stopping them?)
to answer that question they could use the idea that they placed in the movie that took the narada and spock
that or we'd use the gate that the klingons used or they could use the wormhole for it and even Q could put it either no matter how you look at it there's a passage back in time they just need to put something together
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-28-2012, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack-NZ
I think there was something mentioned a while back about not able to get access to Abrams ideas and storylines, not allowed them or something, which is why we couldn't get uniforms or the Enterprise from that line...
I'd hope not cause i think all fans of the movie and game would REALLY have a riot over living the movie in there own way and such and if there was i'd hope that a compromise could be reached for it's use i mean it's a awsome movie but it's been out quite a while I don't see why he wouldn't allow it now i really hope that this could come together i honestly want it to i'd be fangamsing with lord no's how meny other fans of the movie but i honestly hope there can be some way to implament it in the game
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-28-2012, 01:07 AM
OP... I take it you don't realize that the new move happens in an entirely different universe than the one we are playing in?

Here, Spock and Nero are assumed to be destroyed, and the events, leading to Vulcan's destruction never happend.

The characters in this universe aren't even aware of thoose events.

I vote no to a JJ-we-don't-like-star-trek mission in this game.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-28-2012, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
OP... I take it you don't realize that the new move happens in an entirely different universe than the one we are playing in?

Here, Spock and Nero are assumed to be destroyed, and the events, leading to Vulcan's destruction never happend.

The characters in this universe aren't even aware of thoose events.

I vote no to a JJ-we-don't-like-star-trek mission in this game.
does it matter? i mean if it does happen in a different universe i'm sure you can take note that the game has dipped into different demensions that are also different universes as well so why not try to place it on? anyone can come up with something and make it seem right if this were to become a realily i'm sure they would figure something out if they tried to if they have and have failed well then oh well we'll just have to go on about with what we have but it would be increible to live the movie in the game reguardless of weither it's in another universe or timeline
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-28-2012, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini_Sephiroth View Post
how would it violate canon i mean in game we did do a timeline episode with the klingon missions
That was to prevent an alternate timeline. If you succeed, it just becomes a predestination paradox. The timeline isn't changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini_Sephiroth View Post
why not go about through this i believe it would be a completely awsome idea to imput this why it couldn't well i couldn't exactly say for sure but i believe it'd be awsome to actually play out that movie weither it be episoded or from the communitiy but i think it should be made an episode everyone i think would have well lets just say everyone would be pleased to live the movie in game
Perhaps a crossover story...our ship gets stuck in the Abramsverse, and has to try to get back. Perhaps we could briefly fight the Narada at one point, but it would have to escape eventually in order to fulfill its role in the movie.