Lt. Commander
# 1 27' iMac bootcamp question
05-07-2012, 02:52 PM
Hello all,
Recently got the 27 imac and am attempting to play well on bootcamp. The game runs perfectly but I am having problems configuring the apple mouse to work with the game. trying to turn my ship doesnt work. Anyone have any ideas on how to configure my mouse? THanks in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-07-2012, 02:54 PM
I myself am bootcamping my MBP to play Did you make sure to install the special bootcamp drivers that one of the install discs have?

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-07-2012, 03:31 PM
Yes i have. But this is the thing. When i attempt to 'right click' to turn my ship, the camera turns and not the ship. Would there also some in game setting i could change?
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-07-2012, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SciGama View Post
Yes i have. But this is the thing. When i attempt to 'right click' to turn my ship, the camera turns and not the ship. Would there also some in game setting i could change?
Because 'Right click' turns the camera... If you want to 'Turn the Ship' you need both left and right buttons held down to steer...

(And if you want to change from the default settings, look at the Key Binds in the Options menu...)
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-07-2012, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SciGama View Post
Hello all,
Recently got the 27 imac and am attempting to play well on bootcamp. The game runs perfectly but I am having problems configuring the apple mouse to work with the game. trying to turn my ship doesnt work. Anyone have any ideas on how to configure my mouse? THanks in advance.
Which Apple mouse are you using? Both have issues.

The 'Mighty' Mouses' left/right buttons are capacitive sensors, and cannot detect simultaneous use. This is technical limitation of the mouse itself and exists across all platforms.

So the action of holding down both left and right keys for navigating your ship/character is impossible on the mouse. You would need to reconfigure that movement to another binding in the Key Binds tab of the Options. Possibly using the 2 side buttons of the mouse instead.

The Magic mouse requires bootcamp drivers to be of any use within Windows and for Windows 7, OS X Lion is required as it has the latest version of bootcamp.

As Brandon mentioned, make sure you have the bootcamp drivers installed within Windows and that they are up to date with Apple Update utility. There may be some options for the mouse behavior in the Bootcamp Control Panel, but I'm guessing these will be limited. There may be third party software available to provide more functionality within Windows.

Sorry I can't be of more help, I've not had extensive use of either of these mice. I play STO on a MBP like PWE_BranFlakes via bootcamped Windows 7 64bit. But I use a dedicated gaming mouse (Logitech G500).
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-07-2012, 04:36 PM
No prob thanks guys