Lt. Commander
# 1 Pet Storage UI idea
05-11-2012, 02:38 PM
I had an idea that will help a lot of us out. "Pet Storage" UI. sort of like how we can now go to transwarp this would also be located near the minimap.

The way its set up is that it will have at least 6 slots for pets on ground [more can be bought from C-Store]
6 for in space [C-Store]. you click on it when you want to summon a pet. In space it will have a button to "Summon All". while on ground you have to right click the one you want to summon more. Like how you set up your autofire for weapons in space. you know?

What do you think?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-11-2012, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
I had an idea that will help a lot of us out. "Pet Storage" UI. sort of like how we can now go to transwarp this would also be located near the minimap.

The way its set up is that it will have at least 6 slots for pets on ground [more can be bought from C-Store]
6 for in space [C-Store]. you click on it when you want to summon a pet. In space it will have a button to "Summon All". while on ground you have to right click the one you want to summon more. Like how you set up your autofire for weapons in space. you know?

What do you think?
Seeing how we've been asking for Pet Storage outside of our inventories for quite a while now...

ANY idea is better than what we have now.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-11-2012, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
Seeing how we've been asking for Pet Storage outside of our inventories for quite a while now...

ANY idea is better than what we have now.
Champions has it, after all... (they have Action Figures, super-deformed non-combat pet versions of CO NPCs, that are contained in their own little UI window)
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-11-2012, 07:16 PM
So I'm getting support?
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-11-2012, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
Seems like a similar idea what Bioware did with Pets in TOR, which I found to be very convienient.

What they did, was sort of like a power tray, but with various categories that you can access such as powers, vehicles, and pets. My Sith Juggernaught had 5 pets and 3 ground vehicles, and all I had to do was click on them for them to go active and another to deactivate them.

So I could see Cryptic stealing a page from Bioware and implementing such a feature, even go a step further and implement a type of unlocking feature where you could access higher level pets. Like with Tribble or the Targ Breeding (that seemed to disappear), you breed and unlock the next tier. Then call them up when you need that particular tribble.

And with Space Pets, you click on pop-up menu while in space for pets to appear or disappear. (Maybe like Tribble Breeding you unlock Pet Tricks like shuttles doing a quick buzz of someone or doing the Kolvoord Starburst).
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-11-2012, 11:13 PM
Would be nice for a small army of critters to attack on command or follow you around. We need tabs for our inventory and banks like Food in one tab, Weapons and Armor in another, commodities and crafting materials in another, and useless, but fun items in another. Gets too annoying to look for some items when your inventory is a mess.