Rihannsu
# 1 Fire all torpedos
02-15-2013, 07:39 PM
Ok, so we have 3 buttons on the hud i sorta do and don not understand. The fire all phasers is straight forward. But the fire all torpedos button puzzles me. I usually fit my ship (4 fore, 4 aft) 2 beams and 2 torps in the fron and back, thinking the fire all torpedo would lets so, if i had my setup, fire 2 if i pree it. but it still only fires the 1. so it actuall makes no sence to put more than one torpero in the front and back (unless you want their effects). Sooooo....my question is, Is this a bug that will someday be fixed? or is this the way it will be. and if this is the way it will be, why not remove the button and be done with it?
Captain
# 2
02-15-2013, 07:41 PM
What it does is that it signals all torpedo weapons to fire. Then, the system fires the first torpedo. That puts all other torpedoes on a very short cooldown. When that cooldown is done, you can tap the fire button again to fire the next torpedo, no matter what it is.

Alternatively, you can set them to auto-fire so they automatically fire after your cooldown is up.
Please stop exponential holding/reputation costs!
Career Officer
# 3
02-15-2013, 07:43 PM
It only fires the one because of the global cool-down applied when using more than one, so you need to press your assigned key again once the second torpedo tube is off the cool-down.
Click to visit Subspace-Radio
Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
Rihannsu
# 4
04-12-2013, 11:35 AM
Well that makes no sense. The button is misleading to me and probably others
Lieutenant
# 5
04-13-2013, 01:48 AM
For STFs I find autofire is the best option - fire once and forget.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-13-2013, 05:10 AM
fire all torpedoes is a button that most of us don't use it - you don't need to fire only torpedoes in any situation i know; but if we have fire all phaser then we have to have fire all torpedoes. maybe for RP players it's usefull.

ps: you should do some research about your build. it doesn't sounds like is a good one at all. i'm sure you can find some information about what builds you can create with your favorite ship on the forum. if not there are allways people willing to help you.

If we all live in boxes that doesn't mean my box is the same color like yours
Commander
# 7
04-13-2013, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akpa View Post
you don't need to fire only torpedoes in any situation i know
There's plenty of times when you might want to fire 'only torpedoes.' If I want to drop two chained THY volleys against bare hull, then I don't want my torpedoes set to auto fire, and I don't want them going off under 'Fire All.' So I fire them separately as the shields drop. Spamming torpedoes all over has its place, but there's times when it's less efficient.
Captain
# 8
04-13-2013, 11:24 AM
The button should say "Fire Only Torpedoes" rather than All. The purpose of the button is to only fire Torps rather then Beams and Torps.

The 3 buttons are for people who don't keybind and the like. They just go in firing every thing, only beams, or only torps.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Commander
# 9
04-13-2013, 04:14 PM
I use it for my ships that have forward and rear firing torpedoes. That way, instead of needing 2 different buttons to fire forward and aft torps, I can use one button for both.

I aim towards my target, hit the button, forward torp fires. As I turn around and point my butt towards the target, i hit the same button, and aft torp fires.

It just lessens up the number of hotkeys you need.