Lt. Commander
# 1 Help my build is a mess!
05-20-2012, 04:09 PM
Ok i am a long time player but my build is just all over the place. I am a Science officer and would like to make an optimal skill lay out so its not so noobish but the game has changecd so much I do not know where to start. Are there specific types of lay outs? Where should i focus my points?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-20-2012, 06:58 PM
You need to determine what type of science toon you want to play. Some are healers, other use crowd control techniques, and their is another shield drain build that is just as nasty. It depends on what you skills you want on you.BOFFs, equipment you will run, and ship you will fly. My self I play an hybrid that allows me to run a variant of the torp build that has a lot of shield drain. ( which is effective against player but not as well vs NPCs.). The other build I run is the crowd control build that allows me to run STFs.

Science can be very difficult to play and spec out because you need to spend point in the other section and point to keep your science abilities up. Answer or toy with some skill and get back to us and most will be willing to lend a hand.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-20-2012, 08:36 PM
I guess ide want it to be crowd control and still be able to dish out damage with phasers and torps.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-20-2012, 10:13 PM
I wll send you a copy of my catians build as soon as I can. It will only be a suggestion, but something you can tweak to you playing style.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-21-2012, 09:01 AM
ide greatly appreciate it