Lt. Commander
That Cryptic is trying to cut ties with the MMO? Think about it, no more STF's on the board, FE's may go as well. Devs being defensive in interveiws, the Ask Cryptic Forum is useless, everything we say is either disregarded or unanswered. Yet they still advertise something awful about new gear and new toys for us to play with and yet we no new missions, STFs, heck even events to use them in and quite frankly i suspect its dilliberate and they will deny it.

Think about it the Devs are giving us stop gaps and open ended questions, this is not a rank thread but a thinking one, i really want you guys to voice on this one because we may be the end of days with this MMO and the Human Adventure maybe over for awhile. As for the Klingons there Adventures may have already been sealed. I also wonder if CBS has something to with Cryptics lack of progress and they can't tell us for that reason?

Any thoughts guys?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-08-2012, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake477
That Cryptic is trying to cut ties with the MMO? Think about it, no more STF's on the board, FE's may go as well. Devs being defensive in interveiws, the Ask Cryptic Forum is useless, everything we say is either disregarded or unanswered. Yet they still advertise something awful about new gear and new toys for us to play with and yet we no new missions, STFs, heck even events to use them in and quite frankly i suspect its dilliberate and they will deny it.

Think about it the Devs are giving us stop gaps and open ended questions, this is not a rank thread but a thinking one, i really want you guys to voice on this one because we may be the end of days with this MMO and the Human Adventure maybe over for awhile. As for the Klingons there Adventures may have already been sealed. I also wonder if CBS has something to with Cryptics lack of progress and they can't tell us for that reason?

Any thoughts guys?
Well, they are developing Fleet Starbases and intend to introduce new ships, and there is plenty of talk pertaining to season six.

Though the emphasis on producing items that require a C-store spend (one way or the other) over new content is unlikely to elicit too much confidence in those who feel that the game has an uncertain future.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-08-2012, 08:07 AM
there is a gap now in new content because they are making season 6.

they are making fleet starbases and improving fleet structuring and 20 man fleet actions for those fleets, a new large scale ground invasion involving the tholians, plus several other 5 man events. there will probably be more stfs later on as goz only said he is not making any now and i suspect there will still be episodes, just perhaps not in the ame format as a the 5 part series we are used to.

the most recent mission is a 5 man shuttle event and they are now finally restructuring pvp which is part on most mmo's.

everything above is part and parcel with mmo's so i dont know what you mean.

edit - if anything its becoming more of an mmo and less of a single player game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-08-2012, 08:08 AM
This is not the end of days. FEs and STFs and Story content is on hold while we work on S6. Once S6 is out, we will be reevaluating and picking back up on those or similar things.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-08-2012, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
there is a gap now in new content because they are making season 6.

they are making fleet starbases and improving fleet structuring and 20 man fleet actions for those fleets, a new large scale ground invasion involving the tholians, plus several other 5 man events. there will probably be more stfs later on as goz only said he is not making any now and i suspect there will still be episodes, just perhaps not in the ame format as a the 5 part series we are used to.

the most recent mission is a 5 man shuttle event and they are now finally restructuring pvp which is part on most mmo's.

everything above is part and parcel with mmo's so i dont know what you mean.
Yeah - the Tholians.... because being at war with everyone else just wasn't enough.

Sorry - I just wish that they'd do more with the Iconians rather than throw the Tholians in from no-where.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-08-2012, 08:12 AM
Yeah well Tumorboy its a little scary when you don't tell us anything right off the bat, you would be spooked too if you were in our shoes and content is different than having all the toys. The smoke and mirrors and blatant disregard for our discontent is the reason i posted what i posted

Before F2P came out people were somewhat happy, and all the people in game and out warned us this would go down hill and it has to a degree.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-08-2012, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
This is not the end of days. FEs and STFs and Story content is on hold while we work on S6. Once S6 is out, we will be reevaluating and picking back up on those or similar things.
Instead of Featured Episodes, what about Featured HBO-esqe mini-series's!
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-08-2012, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
the one thing that gets me, is that it seems anything and everything can put Playable mission content, on hold. S4, F2P, S6, it all has, when can we put all that on hold for some PMC?
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-08-2012, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake477

Any thoughts guys?
naaah

i've been here since launch, it is the same pattern as usual
shortly before a season update everything goes silent for a month (or three), almost no Dev's pop up in the Forums, no info goes out, not even patches with any updates (probably because the internal build is far ahead of holodeck and would be incompatible to Holodeck) etc.

content delivery was always slow, while the C-Store gets new toys on a regular schedule

sadly new FEATURES always are top priority
these new Features, lets say "difficulty slider" (instakill mobs!) or "shooter mode" (line of sight targeting broken by BOffs all the time, need or greed button not selectable... etc. etc.) are always released in a barely usable state so that the players have to wait for version 2.0 of that Feature to be really enjoyable,
i have no doubt that it will not be different with the new shiny Starbases.

and bug fixing the current incarnations of these new features goes only so far, because once they are released, the next big thing is on the schedule
(there seems to be some communication problem, bug reports not getting through to the responsible Dev's or they are just to busy to hunt and fix old bugs, which would indicate a problem with the Person responsible for the schedules just ignoring the basic need for bug fixing time).

One Problem is that the Dev's are mostly not PLAYING the game, so they don't see what annoys the hell out of us Players every day.
I bet if one or two Dev's would be hardcore DOffers we already would have a Sector Space polish time on the schedule.

so all in all
Season 6 is being worked on, the last pieces of content for Season 5 have just been delivered, i have no info of anything coming in the next weeks (no calendar, no tweet leaks... nada... all that comes out of dStahl's Ask Cryptic and Interviews is, S6 = Fleetbases ...and thats it, with a tiny bit of Gozer sprinkeld in that PvP gets a map or mode or something...)

what the OP is talking about looks pretty much like business as usual to me.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-08-2012, 08:34 AM
Story-driven content is the most important thing in the game. It should never be put on hold.