Lt. Commander
# 21
05-08-2012, 09:38 AM
Who called the devs names?

He is a taco-head... Look at his avatar
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-08-2012, 09:40 AM
I hope they don't do as many featured episodes. I'd rather see them buff the foundry and focus on designing systems and creating assets and gameplay types (Like fleet starbases, group instanced content, new ships, etc).

Featured episodes are great, and I wish they could be created too, but the simple truth is I play the featured episodes once or twice (if the episodes reward is interesting I might grind it out more), but that's it.

Unless I start a new toon I doubt I'll ever play those Reman episodes again. Better if they spend that development energy on something with more replayability like the doff system, STF type stuff, PvP, stuff like that.

Just my 2 cents.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-08-2012, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Who called the devs names?

He is a taco-head... Look at his avatar
Hey! I resemble that remark!
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-08-2012, 09:56 AM
Stay on topic please, this thread is to post concerns with the devs doing there jobs we pay them for, as in making the best MMO possible and be upfront with and not give us the end runaround
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-08-2012, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake477
Stay on topic please, this thread is to post concerns with the devs doing there jobs we pay them for, as in making the best MMO possible and be upfront with and not give us the end runaround
Lol. I'm going to back away slowly, while avoiding eye contact.

Run, Taco, run!
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-08-2012, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
We have a small team, we cannot do everything at once.
You're like a chef feeding an army, in which everyone is banging on the table with their forks and spoons and hollering in unison, "WE WANT PIE! WE WANT PIE! WE WANT PIE!" Except you're out of flour and the oven is on the fritz.

What to do? hehe
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-08-2012, 10:08 AM
You can't have it both ways.

The Cryptic devs have always communicated pretty freely with the community; but that ended up creating way more problems than it solved. Every time a plan had to be changed, for whatever reason, the forums would go ballistic; and people would spew venom about Cryptic and STO over the length and breadth of the internet.

They are not giving us the runaround, they are just trying to be a bit more careful about what they tell us; so that they can't be accused of breaking any more promises. This is probably a good thing.

As for the content; we've been asking for the stuff that's expected in season 6 for years. They are indulging us. That it would come at the cost of development time for story content was inevitable.
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-08-2012, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTWinters
Honestly, I'd like to see how much work you guys could get done with a crew the size of a well manned Starbucks
i ran a staff 6 for over 18 months, that performed at levels other units with twice as many staff, could not. They claim to have doubled their staff, so that should not be an issue. Oh and for the record, most modern military units do orders of magnitude more daily, will less than the staff they have, and they have a lot more at risk.

And on a side note, no one here insulted him, but you, insult them....
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-08-2012, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake477
Grinding is for clubs, hotels, and Orion girls, not MMOs...
STO must be your first MMO. MMOs are all about grind; and one of the longest endgame 'grinds' was in WoW (You know, the MMO still with 10+ million subscribers after 8 years online.) back in WoW's heyday, Raiding was the rhing and these Raids were grinds on a scale STO has never seen. And pre=WoW, SOE's "Everquest' was more of a grind just to level (moreso then some more modern Asain MMO grindfests - and again that was back before WoW in EQ's heyday circa 1999-2003.)

If you believe MMOs aren't about grind, then you haven't played a lot of MMOs. Whether you like that type of gameplay or not is a different issue, but I've yet to play an MMO where the endgame ISN'T a grind of some sort.
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-08-2012, 10:31 AM
A little yes, but for the majority of gear NO! Before F2P it was a healthy grind where it took sometime to get the good stuff which it should but when the Lockboxes arrived........I think we all know that answer don't we