Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 1.2 gb error file?
05-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Kind of a big error file, isn't it?

It started after STO crashed.

http://i.imgur.com/VGWS2.png
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
05-08-2012, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthian
Kind of a big error file, isn't it?
That's not an error file. That;s a memory dump. Says so in the image.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
05-08-2012, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theapparatus View Post
That's not an error file. That;s a memory dump. Says so in the image.
Whatever it was, it was 1.2 gb!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
05-08-2012, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthian
Whatever it was, it was 1.2 gb!
Don;t you have at least a gig of memory in your computer? If not more? My laptop has 8 gigs and the last memory dump that i found was about 3 gigs.

I have servers with 128 gig of memory. Picture the memory dumps on those.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
05-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theapparatus View Post
Don;t you have at least a gig of memory in your computer? If not more? My laptop has 8 gigs and the last memory dump that i found was about 3 gigs.

I have servers with 128 gig of memory. Picture the memory dumps on those.
Now Cryptic knows I had Britney Spears playing on my iTunes???
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
05-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theapparatus View Post
Don;t you have at least a gig of memory in your computer? If not more? My laptop has 8 gigs and the last memory dump that i found was about 3 gigs.

I have servers with 128 gig of memory. Picture the memory dumps on those.
you're not looking at this correctly, why in the world would crytic need a full 1.2GB memory dump sent to their servers?

why not just the log of what happened?

even the highest non fios net connections (eg cox/ century link, etc) have horrible upload speeds compared to download speeds. 1.2GB is a ridiculous amount of data to be sent back for an error log.

essentially their bug reporting is bugged and they need to fix it before it crashes the servers again.

writing the dump was likely over before the user ever saw it, sending it is going to take forever.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
05-08-2012, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogurt21
you're not looking at this correctly, why in the world would crytic need a full 1.2GB memory dump sent to their servers?

why not just the log of what happened?
I'm looking at it correctly. It's a memory dump. Again it even says so in the picture provided. They're normally very large since it's a snap shot of the player's computer memory.

I believe you need to direct your comment towards the developers and not someone who is trying to help here in the forums. Thanks.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:26 AM.