Lt. Commander
# 11
05-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
Improved the version of tractor beam for each version of the Runabout carrier pet.
Hoo.. epic Cryptic.. just epic, this just show how much you love your game.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-08-2012, 05:47 PM
Quote:
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.17.20120423a.18

General:
  • Improved the version of tractor beam for each version of the Runabout carrier pet.
you do realize that this is completely uneeded.... the runabouts are bad enough as it is now.... who thought buffing them is a good idea?

can i talk to your supervisor about how unhappy some of the player base is because of needless changes like this?
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-08-2012, 06:17 PM
In all fairness its not Zeros fault but yeah i too am starting to think the devs are taking the pi** here
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Quote:
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.17.20120423a.18

General:
  • Improved the version of tractor beam for each version of the Runabout carrier pet.
And you guys wonder why PvP is in such a sad state in this game ....
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-08-2012, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatansHell View Post
Thanks zero, I could kiss you......
Careful I hear kissing Zero could turn you into a orion slave!!
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-08-2012, 06:25 PM
perhaps we should see what the improvement is before forming the lynch party to hang the messenger eh?

just a thought.

if may be improved graphics. it may be improved range. it may be improvement to how it cycles its skills. we wont know until we see it in action, or a dev posts what the change actually was so let's all calm down.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-08-2012, 06:39 PM
I have updated the patch note for the Runabout carrier pets. The existing (green/uncommon) versions were not changed at all.

Sorry for the confusion!
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Quote:
I have updated the patch note for the Runabout carrier pets. The existing (green/uncommon) versions were not changed at all.

Sorry for the confusion!
Hoo.. good, what a relief. So the green/uncommon are just overpower and the blue/rare are extremely overpower.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-08-2012, 06:52 PM
so this means they D store version should have had TB2 but it just had TB1. fixing this is not a good thing, this is the opposite of good.

a single runabout can stop you dead 90% as well as any player ship can, regardless of points in dampners, and you face 6 of them from 1 hanger. blow them up and the carrier just launches more with TB fresh and ready to use on you again.

whoever the carrier hates at that moment he can shutdown with tracter beams with at least 75% up time, and that's if the victim has PH and APO. a cruiser with 2 copies of faw can hold back the tide, but any ship that uses narrow arc weapons is rendered helpless and useless.

now in a 5v5 match the most you can expect of tractor beams or nearly as annoying chrono procs is 1 copy per 5 opponents. if one of those opponents is a thrice damned fed carrier with 1 bay of runabouts, you have more then doubled the amount of tractor beams and crono procs, AND phaser procs that team has. is it clear why these things are a cancer yet?
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-08-2012, 07:03 PM
They want the current pvpers gone thats the only thing I can think of. So sad. Such a sad state of affairs.

The only thing left to hope for is another studio to make startrek that has a larger budget and has a staff to in-game tests including pvp.