Lt. Commander
# 51
05-09-2012, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
hopefully tribble will on day be a place full of thing they might do but want to test several variations first.
Maybe if they rehire Snix, though I can't see him wanting to work for Cryptic ever again.
Lt. Commander
# 52
05-09-2012, 11:46 PM
was he just gone one day? what ever happened to him?

i wasn't active in the forum or much in game back when he was around, i took like a 6 month hiatus the march after launch because my character was 3 levels below the minimum to get to the borg sector and content, and i'd run out of missions and there was nothing left to do as far as i knew. i was certainly pleased when i came back, thanks to snix's skill overhaul and pvp ive been playing ever sense
Lt. Commander
# 53
05-10-2012, 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntKathy
I can see a couple of solutions to this problem. Either they increase the cooldown on this or they make it a share a cooldown between pets. If Pet #1 uses a tractor beam, the other pets in that squadron cannot until the shared cooldown is up.

Otherwise, that's just going to be absurd for PvE and PvP.
I like the shared cooldown idea. It lets the Runabouts keep their signature ability, but reduces the incidence of the "total immobilization by being hit by 3 or more at once " issue.
Lt. Commander
# 54
05-10-2012, 06:17 AM
I really cant understand the mentality of allowing danube runabouts with tractor beams being acceptable ? those vets here (looks at his 800 day monkey and kicks it to one side) will remember when the cloaking tractor mines were first released. At least the devs then were reasonable enough to make them unique and have a shared global cooldown. But when they first came out they were a nightmare to deal with.

Ive played a klink carrier for a while and I dont remember klinks having pets with tracotrs ? so how is this acceptable ? I really dont understand how cryptic thinks it will be tolerated by the playerbase ?

If I was a developer id have a conscience that this will **** off people and say ok maybe we need to tone it down a bit.

But looking at the state of the game that its in maybe cryptic just dont care ? The way I see this game it will just be casual players left, the long term fans and supporters who have supported cryptic since day 1 wont be here.

Reason for me thinking this you ask ? if you read DStahls interview with UFP they are not extending the rewards program past 1000 days. So im guessing DStahl is pretty much of the mentality that us vets, who have supprted his product since day 1 no longer matter and we can either like these changes or take a hike.
Lt. Commander
# 55
05-10-2012, 08:14 AM
Alright i'm seeing al the complaining and whining about the runabout's TB...does Polarize Hull do nothing at all to nuetralize the effect of being held in a runabout's TB? I personally haven't come across a situation where I've been held in more then 4 tb's at once, but even then PH was a godsend. And sure they're small and fast and all swarmy like, but do none of you use FaW or SV?? I'm sorry but at all seems to me like a lot of crying over something that can be rectified by PH and a well used aoe.

I only recently started using a carrier on the KDF side, as I refuse to blindly buy a $25 ship because it 'looks pretty and stuff', but I do rather enjoy them, even though half the time the fighters and such still dont do as they're told. I know there are a couple differnet hanger devices that only allow 2 ships to be active at a time (BoP for example). Why not limit the number of allowed active runabouts in the same manner?

Just a thought.
Lt. Commander
# 56
05-10-2012, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariusmajere

oh thank god... this was driving me nuts. Glad to see an actual error being corrected quickly for once... now.. if we can do the rest of them
Why did they ADD this bug in the first place? If the new patch wasn't working it should not have been added to a LIVE server to be fixed at a later date.
Lt. Commander
# 57
05-10-2012, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevpoll View Post
Why did they ADD this bug in the first place? If the new patch wasn't working it should not have been added to a LIVE server to be fixed at a later date.
The devs do not test for bugs, patches that are put on tribble do not have enough time on there for even a small amount of testing before they are applied to live.

Short of tribble actually dying, the patch will still be put on the live server bugs and all...
Lt. Commander
# 58
05-10-2012, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatansHell View Post
The devs do not test for bugs, patches that are put on tribble do not have enough time on there for even a small amount of testing before they are applied to live.

Short of tribble actually dying, the patch will still be put on the live server bugs and all...
Tribble is the Test Server for holodeck and cryptic.. and by test server I do not mean line coding/script/data testing.. Tribble is a server built to show the player tolerance to what they are about to release so they have a few days notice to figure out how to make changes with new additions to keep the player coming back. The Tribble Server is actually run by a few betazoids and ferengi who make adjustments to maintain profitability while keeping a low cost on quality Assurance testing. Now a proper Test server would be that other space based games "Singularity" or SiSi. Where they roll out actual patches to be decently tested and fixed before they go live. This is called Proper usage of a Test Server. That other company uses it's playerbase that wishes to be helpful and lets them test and help retest there data before it goes out to the masses.
Then again, As they say... You get what you PAY for.
Lt. Commander
# 59
05-10-2012, 03:46 PM
The Danube Runabout pets spamming Tractor Beam repeatedly is an issue we're working on. We weren't ignoring feedback from y'all, and were already looking into it.

BorticusCryptic had posted this information in another forum; sorry everyone here missed that.
Lt. Commander
# 60
05-10-2012, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.17.20120423a.18

UPDATED to clarify Runabout pet note.

General:
  • Pressing Escape and changing maps will no longer cause the power tray to change positions.
  • Resolved an issue that prevented dragging powers to the power trays.
  • Foundry authors should get better results when setting up dialog trees with Bridge Officers, especially on the Klingon side.
  • Updated tooltips and descriptions for some carrier pets to resolve some typos.
  • Runabout carrier pet Tractor Beam performance scales with their quality level.

Heres a good question, If we cannot buy the Carrier on the Test Server, Then WHY is the runabout for the CARRIER being patched here? I sort of Understand the rest of the patch but WHY the runabout part?