Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
05-11-2012, 12:22 AM
Yeah, the Marauder on the KDF side is the closest thing they actually have to the Fed Star Cruiser, just that it has the extra hanger bay. And with carriers being sci based ships, having flight deck cruisers based off a Star Cruiser setup (cruiser with some sci focus) makes sense.

I for one would buy a fed flight deck cruiser the minute it came out.

Holding off on getting the Atrox in the hope this happens. I like tanking and having the ability to send combat pets. May well be why I play KDF more than Fed, no equivalent ship to the Marauder.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-11-2012, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEONHART View Post
Well since the Odd has effectively replaced the star cruiser in all respects, I would be glad to have teh star cruiser back in some competitive format as a t5 +1 ship
No, it hasn't.

The Star Cruiser can be obtained at level 40. The Odyssey only at level 50. So, the Star Cruiser is a great cruiser for 10 levels.

If anything's been replaced by the Odyssey, it's the Gal-R. The Gal-R should be turned into a flight deck cruiser ahead of any other ship, as at least it would have a purpose once again.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-11-2012, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erad84 View Post
Yeah, the Marauder on the KDF side is the closest thing they actually have to the Fed Star Cruiser, just that it has the extra hanger bay. And with carriers being sci based ships, having flight deck cruisers based off a Star Cruiser setup (cruiser with some sci focus) makes sense.

I for one would buy a fed flight deck cruiser the minute it came out.

Holding off on getting the Atrox in the hope this happens. I like tanking and having the ability to send combat pets. May well be why I play KDF more than Fed, no equivalent ship to the Marauder.

My Atrox is tanking like a champ. Between ES3, sub system targeting, and polaron procs, I essentially shut down whatever I'm pointing at. I have A2SIF3, HE3, TSS2, ST1, and EP2S1+2, not to mention the borg 2+3 piece bonus. I'm tanking better then I ever did in my cruisers.

Just some food for thought, if you were holding out on the Atrox because you wanted something tankier.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-11-2012, 01:53 PM
Isn't it time for the Klingons to take one of your designs now since you just got a new ship?

They could really do with a Tac Cruiser like the Excelsior.
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-11-2012, 01:56 PM
I have a real quick question; What's the difference between a flight deck carrier and a regular carrier? Thanks in advance!
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-11-2012, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKnight1000
Isn't it time for the Klingons to take one of your designs now since you just got a new ship?

They could really do with a Tac Cruiser like the Excelsior.

Tac cruiser? How about the battle cruiser? KDF got science ships when they didn't have any too.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-11-2012, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEONHART View Post
Well since the Odd has effectively replaced the star cruiser in all respects, I would be glad to have teh star cruiser back in some competitive format as a t5 +1 ship
One is free on level up, the other is 25 to 50 bucks.

The Oddy didnt replace anything as the Star Cruiser is still good for what it was ment to do.

The Oddy is good at eatting money

Quote:
Originally Posted by exile688
Tac cruiser? How about the battle cruiser? KDF got science ships when they didn't have any too.
"The battle cruiser" the 'free one'. we can sit and count how many cruisers each side has, but i can tell you who has the most without doing that.

Ahh the gorn science ship...you know that thing turns like crap dont you? while the feds have a ton of more nimble science ships? and while you can load out the BoP as a sci ship its still not one, lacking a sci console, boost to shields, stealth detection and targeting to sub systems (unless you take up a boff slot for it)
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radzman
Yeah you have a problem. Let people have the right to create the ship they want. So there! let the trolling begin!
well there's a troll here and it isn't me.

if you have a problem with people disagreeing with your opinion you need to quit the internet. seriously lol.

also welcome to ignore.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-11-2012, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flywiz
I have a real quick question; What's the difference between a flight deck carrier and a regular carrier? Thanks in advance!
Flight deck cruiser is a cruiser with one fighter bay and the stats of a cruiser, as to where a carrier has two bays.
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-11-2012, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
If anything's been replaced by the Odyssey, it's the Gal-R. The Gal-R should be turned into a flight deck cruiser ahead of any other ship, as at least it would have a purpose once again.
I would rather they just beef up the Galaxy-R to what it should be and if they make a Flight deck Cruiser they just make one from scratch, though I think the reason for this wanting it to be the Star Cruiser is people are secretly hoping that if Cryptic does that they will be able to get the ship for free instead of spending Cpoints on it like ALL of the Orion flight cruisers on the KDF side (of which every one of them costs Cpoints).