Lt. Commander
# 11
05-11-2012, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Well... It is after all a Tier 4 ship... If you want a cloak (wich you will remove anyways), you will need the Defiant retrofit.

Also: name one thing in STO that isnt oversized.
Remove the cloak? Surly you jest. I've been using it for several weeks in STFs, and that 15% DMG boost is a tactical nuke when you drop it.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-12-2012, 03:51 AM
Just picker her up today, but no cloak is on it?
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-12-2012, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spektre12
Just picker her up today, but no cloak is on it?
You probably have only the T4 variant... If you want a cloak, you need to rank up to T5, and start opening your vallet.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-12-2012, 07:27 AM
Quote:
You probably have only the T4 variant... If you want a cloak, you need to rank up to T5, and start opening your vallet.
Flying my Defiant is/was the only thing that I truely loved in STO. It was almost as good as flying it in SFC3.

So let me get this right -

If I want to have a "Defiant looking, cannons blazing, just like TV", version of the Defiant, I can -

Get the retrofit (which I have), get the Sao and then take the cannons off this?

What else would I need to do to get the "effect"? Not bothered about dmg or gimping etc, just want the look.

Can you help please m8?

Cheers.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-12-2012, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomace View Post
Flying my Defiant is/was the only thing that I truely loved in STO. It was almost as good as flying it in SFC3.

So let me get this right -

If I want to have a "Defiant looking, cannons blazing, just like TV", version of the Defiant, I can -

Get the retrofit (which I have), get the Sao and then take the cannons off this?

What else would I need to do to get the "effect"? Not bothered about dmg or gimping etc, just want the look.

Can you help please m8?

Cheers.
Yes, The quads even have the same ping-ping sound as the canon cannons(ugh did I just make a bad pun) my weapon loadout is forward-quad cannons,2x Dual heavy phaser cannons(borg)1 Quantum torpedo(borg) Aft I use 3x phaser turrets(borg). The quads only do 198 Dmg, but 360 dps so they still pack a decent punch(dont quote me on the quads numbers..its close, but Im not logged in on it..and I havent had my coffee yet.) In my opinion, they dont hit as hard as the heavys, but they shoot more, and faster, which compensates for it.I still use the quads in endgame, and I still chew up borg and spit them out.Im sure others would dissagree with my choice of weapons for maximum punishment, but I want the DS-9 Defiant feel.It gets the job done.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-12-2012, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjhunter
Yes, The quads even have the same ping-ping sound as the canon cannons(ugh did I just make a bad pun) my weapon loadout is forward-quad cannons,2x Dual heavy phaser cannons(borg)1 Quantum torpedo(borg) Aft I use 3x phaser turrets(borg). The quads only do 198 Dmg, but 360 dps so they still pack a decent punch(dont quote me on the quads numbers..its close, but Im not logged in on it..and I havent had my coffee yet.) In my opinion, they dont hit as hard as the heavys, but they shoot more, and faster, which compensates for it.I still use the quads in endgame, and I still chew up borg and spit them out.Im sure others would dissagree with my choice of weapons for maximum punishment, but I want the DS-9 Defiant feel.It gets the job done.
You are da man m8.

Cheers.

I cannot believe I am going to do this but I am going to trade in my C-store points that I have had for donkey years and actually get something.

Hmmm, do all my other hate filled, negative posts now make a massive hypocrite
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-12-2012, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomace View Post
You are da man m8.

Cheers.

I cannot believe I am going to do this but I am going to trade in my C-store points that I have had for donkey years and actually get something.

Hmmm, do all my other hate filled, negative posts now make a massive hypocrite
Probably... But think of it this way... Kids look to their parents to see how to behave... STO wise this is no diffrent.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-12-2012, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Yeah I do, I just made Captain at 3:31am this morning!
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spektre12
Yeah I do, I just made Captain at 3:31am this morning!
The Tier 4 variant does not have the cloak... Remember, only the defiant, and not the Defiant class itself had a cloak in the series.

This is reflected into the game.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-12-2012, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjhunter
I would give you two thumbs up, if one wasn't still involved in a fist pump. Defiant, when you have to kill every Motherf&^%er in the sector....acccept no substitutes.
Indeed. And the Sao Paulo takes that Up To Eleven, including a very Badass Hull Shape.

I love that thing.