Lt. Commander
# 11
05-09-2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas45 View Post
Wait, so the KDF only mission that they were talking about was Alpha right?
I would think so, if the interview was done in March.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-09-2012, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
Yes I made a correction to the OP to let everyone know when the interview was conducted, which was before Alpha was released.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Ah well

Rest of the questions gave some interesting info though, season 6 and beyond is looking good.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-09-2012, 01:34 PM
Shame about the 1000+ days reward - I would love to see something like:
- FREE Skeleton Key (opens 10x Lock Boxes per Month)

Not that I'm even close to 1000 but it'd be nice to look forward to!
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-09-2012, 01:41 PM
UFP's Federation News Network
"Would it ever be possible to use something like the Champions Online 'Nemesis' system to create our own Mirror Universe counterpart?"

Dan Stahl
"That is an interesting idea. It may be fun to have a short diversion like this in the Mirror Universe, but I don't think the idea of a singular nemesis fits Star Trek very well. That is much more of a comic book theme. "

Really? So what was Khan to Kirk? Lore to Data? Duras to Worf? Dukat to Garek? "Comic book themes" seem to run throughout various forms of entertainment, even Star Trek. I happen to think adding a system which would give players an NPC rival (or rivals) to contend with will add another dynamic to the game. Give players a new way to really flesh out their characters backstory more. Have missions with a "personal" agenda against the player's character. Or simply just the obvious effect of adding new content to the game.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-09-2012, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Updated the OP to mention that this interview was actually in March and the UFP team has just released it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
lmao...so...there isn't another new mission for KDF, it was just a 2 month old interview...
Ah, well...just when I got my hopes up...
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-09-2012, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelmor_Branon
Really? So what was Khan to Kirk?
Nemesis to Kirk exactly twice. TOS: Space Seed, STII: TWoK

Quote:
Lore to Data?
Nemesis to Data infrequently. Once in season 1, once in season 4, and once in season 6's two parter: Descent.

Quote:
Duras to Worf?
The House of Duras may have been an ongoing nemesis. Duras himself died shortly after killing Keh'lyr. (Early TNG)

Quote:
Dukat to Garek?
An annoyance. Dukat was better compared to being a rival to Sisko, not Garak. (Indeed, as a member of the Pah'wrath cult, he was trying to be a direct analog to the Emissary. Only, unfortunately, to fail even in their eyes.)

The comparisons don't seem to be rather direct. Trek never had a truly ongoing single nemesis for a prolonged period of time. The only thing that came close was Seska in Voyager toward the end of Season 1 through Season 2. Dukat to Sisko, occurring less frequently, but over a longer period of time is a better analog. (They ended up nixing the idea for Voyager because apparently people felt too disconnected from the show with arcs - even though it worked fine with DS9). Longest living faction as an arch nemesis was the Romulans. (Klingons were an ally most of the time on screen after TOS.)
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Give us a Tailor slot for our "mirror self" ... walaa done.

failing that... let us be our mirror "selfs" for a mirror Fe's
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-09-2012, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Yes I made a correction to the OP to let everyone know when the interview was conducted, which was before Alpha was released.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Indeed. Sorry for the confusion everyone - we had planned to get this interview out relatively close to when it was conducted, but due to a variety of unfortunate circumstances on our end, we couldn't get it out until now. Nonetheless, we hope you enjoy the interview just the same!
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-09-2012, 02:33 PM
True, Trek was a episodic series and so none of the shows ever had a "main arc", even if DS9 and Voyager did come close but they were not BS5 that was one of the forerunners of the "overreaching arc" shows that now became the norm.

Also the issue I have with "Mirror Universe" is that is ... well, its not really supposed to ever be the main antagonist or normal part of the prime universe, in fact only TOS, DS9 and Ent even had it and the only DS9 did more that just 2 episodes with it (5 vs 2 vs 1 and yes, 1 ... turning a TOS episode in a mirror universe does not alter the fact it was NOT a Mirrior Universe episode).

There is a lot more that and should be done that "the evil counterpart", its really is comic book.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-09-2012, 03:10 PM
That page is so hard to read its killing my eyes. This is why lcars is a bad idea in general.