Lt. Commander
# 11
05-10-2012, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by intrinsical View Post
Man, I *just* released a mission based around this theme 3 days ago. I guess I can't submit it for the contest?
Just pull it until the entry date.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-10-2012, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havraha View Post
Can I submit a mission already created? "Animations With Helna" fits into the basic plotline of this very well! LOL.
I'm thinking sequel! (But in a nice weird way way you don't need to play Animations first. I'm sure if you thought about it hard enough you'd get a way for it to work.)

Also... I may need to pull Barclay out of her closet for this one. Curses, I wanted her next inclusion to be in a Klingside mission.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-11-2012, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBCouto View Post
You should say what the name is at least. Might as well get some advertising for it.
Maybe some of the the people thinking about doing this challenge will play through your for insperation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Just pull it and wait until the actual contest. I think one of the entries in this one was created before the actual contest period.
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I decided I won't be using this mission for the contest. Partly because the mission is only part 1 of a much longer storyarc and partly because it does not contain any new experimental holodeck technology going haywire.

If you would like some inspiration for a Holodeck adventure, please do try out my mission "Komahashi Maru" (search for "Koma" in the foundry).
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-11-2012, 12:23 PM
I'm thinking of trying this challenge out as well as making my own version of the previous 2 challenges so that I have some ideas to make some missions and get going with this whole foundry thing. I'm a newb but slowly learning more and more as I play with it.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-11-2012, 02:38 PM
I've been spending a few weeks building a city, with no idea about the plot. This challenges gives me an idea, but I'm guessing that using the city wouldn't be in the spirit of the challenge, since I've already spent much time building it.

So, I guess I won't.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-11-2012, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
I've been spending a few weeks building a city, with no idea about the plot. This challenges gives me an idea, but I'm guessing that using the city wouldn't be in the spirit of the challenge, since I've already spent much time building it.

So, I guess I won't.
I don't see a problem with it.
Again, these challenges (at least for me) were about giving exposure to the Foundry and how great stories could be made within it.

If you can add a great story that follows the premise of this challenge, I'd be okay with it. Of course maybe others would be, not sure. I see it as more of a fun challenge- not necessarily as a strict competition.

Also, these challenges give a great boost of playthru's. My 'A Good Ship Goes To War' has over 200 in just two weeks. That would never had happened if it was just released by itself.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-11-2012, 03:53 PM
Addition to the rules: In the spirit of the competition, only maps, missions, stories, dialogue etc. created/ built/ designed during the 4-week creation period should be used.

((This is so that it is fair to those who are brand-new to the Foundry, or maybe does not have anything that is a work in process Hope that's okay!))

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-11-2012, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
Addition to the rules: In the spirit of the competition, only maps, missions, stories, dialogue etc. created/ built/ designed during the 4-week creation period should be used.

((This is so that it is fair to those who are brand-new to the Foundry, or maybe does not have anything that is a work in process Hope that's okay!))

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Thank you. I may reconsider doing it now.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-11-2012, 06:07 PM
I'm working on my entry but I got stopped by the whole "Map budget" thing. So is it against the rules to make a 2 parter in order to get within that whole 30 to 45 minute thing. My entry involves a Mirror Universe crossover but the crew only just found out that they crossed over. There is a lot more story to finish on this and needs a 2nd part in order to get it just right.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-13-2012, 11:50 PM
I thought about sitting this one out, but I just got an idea that I'll run with. It should be fun. In the last challenge I had a purely story driven mission, this time I'll focus on ground combat.