Lt. Commander
# 21
05-13-2012, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
Addition to the rules: In the spirit of the competition, only maps, missions, stories, dialogue etc. created/ built/ designed during the 4-week creation period should be used.

((This is so that it is fair to those who are brand-new to the Foundry, or maybe does not have anything that is a work in process Hope that's okay!))

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Sorry Hav, maybe you could create a sequel.
Animations with Helna 2, Electric Boogaloo!
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-19-2012, 05:13 PM
Well I have a story-line, bunch of dialogue, ready to start work and can't create a foundry slot... grrrr... First time trying foundry and won't let me do anything even trying the various workarounds mentioned. Thinking I am not gonna get to make this contest.

Wish they would fix that!
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-20-2012, 04:34 AM
I just want to double-check, there is nothing wrong with a mission having any of the possible level requirements correct? I can include mobs from Klingons to Mirror Fed to Borg and Undine?

The way the votes are worked now it isn't going to hurt anyone's chances is it?
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-20-2012, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-377 View Post
I just want to double-check, there is nothing wrong with a mission having any of the possible level requirements correct? I can include mobs from Klingons to Mirror Fed to Borg and Undine?

The way the votes are worked now it isn't going to hurt anyone's chances is it?
Any level is fine. Obviously you're looking at a bigger audience with a lower level- but considering most lower level players don't even know what the Foundry is, there probably isn't a difference
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-20-2012, 10:35 AM
Yeah, a lower level mission will sit higher on the list if it isn't fighting the high requirement missions for a slot. Still, for the purposes of the contest though; I don't think it will matter with this voting system. (Which is awesome btw Bran, Good change.)

Truth is, I'm setting up an optional combat choice, and I am debating putting Borg on the list, which will bump up the requirements. I'm wondering if for only one optional combat choice that many players may not even see if it is worth it or if I should just keep the level down to +31 or so.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-25-2012, 04:21 AM
Hey gang,

I have been trying to find some type of resource that will explain what rights, if any, that holographic life forms have in 2409. I cannot find anything apart from the line 'Sentient holograms are considered photonic lifeforms.' on STOWiki.

Does this mean:

1) I am not looking hard enough, or:
2) I can just do whatever I want, because there is no standard answer.

It is really important to me that my entry is a canon mission, and I don't want to reference a document or legislation (the Photonic Entity Rights Act ) that doesn't exist if there is a canon alternative.

I need more information to be able to complete my misson. I would prefer not to rewrite it, so I am hoping somebody knows something that I don't.

(Future note to self - don't try making a complex mission up as you go along.)
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-25-2012, 01:11 PM
i've been making some progress on my mission. Space map is complete. Tried something that I haven't heard any one else try. hint: pseudo sector space?
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-25-2012, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soriedem View Post
i've been making some progress on my mission. Space map is complete. Tried something that I haven't heard any one else try. hint: pseudo sector space?
That's what makes the Foundry so much fun- trying new things and pushing the boundries.
And then the new update comes in, ruins all the workarounds, lol, but then opens the door to even more new pushing ideas.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-26-2012, 02:41 PM
It's looking really good.
A lot of entries in- I think I counted 16 or 17.

Looking forward to playing them all.
No lack of content to play for me!
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-26-2012, 10:19 PM
The meat and bones of my mission are in place. Now all that remains in testing, testing, testing, and more testing. And then we polish.