Lt. Commander
# 1 Can't access the foundry?!
05-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Ok, I'm a silver member and have a federation character with a level of 34. I have 16k refined dilithium in my assets tab and yet I still can't access the foundry. When I go to the character selection screen and click on the Create Content tab all of the options are greyed out. I cannot create a test character and when I hover over the text that says "Purchase foundry slots" it says I need a character with at least 10k refined dilithium......

What am I missing here? I really want to create some missions. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainkorak
Ok, I'm a silver member and have a federation character with a level of 34. I have 16k refined dilithium in my assets tab and yet I still can't access the foundry. When I go to the character selection screen and click on the Create Content tab all of the options are greyed out. I cannot create a test character and when I hover over the text that says "Purchase foundry slots" it says I need a character with at least 10k refined dilithium......

What am I missing here? I really want to create some missions. Thanks.
What happens when you try to create a character? You need to have a foundry character that tests the maps you build. You should be able to make one, and then use your other stock of DIL to buy slots.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-09-2012, 06:22 PM
It says "You have no foundry project slots, character creation is disabled"

that's the problem, it won't let me create a test character or buy project slots.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-09-2012, 06:36 PM
ok, this is annoying. I deleted my Klingon character to make sure I had enough slots...well then it let me create a new character. I tried creating a Federation science officer for the foundry but go CHARACTER CREATION FAILED or something like that.

I logged back in and it wouldn't allow me to make another character. I then created a new klingon character on the main screen, then deleted him, then went back to the content creation tab and it let me try again. Same thing, it gave me an error on creating the character and sent me back to the log in screen.

argh.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-09-2012, 06:48 PM
There is a slot purchasing issue right now and I expect thats what causing the problem, its known about by cryptic but I havent seen a ETA on a fix, apparently not the patch going out tomorrow though