Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-10-2012, 01:35 AM
We still all remember the Tractor Beam Mines, do we? That's the kind of nerf these Runabouts probably need. They get their own Tractor Beam, and it will be considerably weaker than a player Tractor Beam. Then, 4 Runabouts grabbing you may stop you like a fully fledged Tractor Beam 1. That's probably okay. As long as a single POlarize Hull or Attack Pattern Omega can clear you from any number of Tractor Beams. (not just 1, not just 2, not just 4, any number.)
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-10-2012, 02:15 AM
Don't for get the target subsytems !

At the moment you also have 8 pets every couple of minutes targeting your subsystems and or procing you this is totally OP, you can spend half the match with one subsystem or the other not working !

The pets need a total rethink any debuff powers need to be very weak

Given you can have 8 or 12 of most pets from multiple ships, thier powers need to be divided by this as a minimum

i.e.
Tractor beam 1/8 th of tractor 1 for green pets
Power siphon 1/12th of siphon 1 for greens

Even the straight pet damage done in a match now FAR exceeds many average players ! This is too much it is ONLY supposed to be compensating for losing two weapon slots !!!
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-10-2012, 05:17 AM
At least they aren't launching scores of Mavairo based shuttles. Could you imagine them with fully charged tac buffed Bo1s and tractor beams on delta flyers?

Bunch of lil baby mavs flying around throwing down 30k to 40k crits with BO1....

Crap I just gave them a new shuttle idea.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-10-2012, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
no kiding. they should be dragged around like anchors. the inertia score is what this should be based on, the lower it is the less effect there should be
Best idea I've heard yet though I agree the TB counters should be more effective against multiple TBs when activated and for the the duration.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-10-2012, 06:40 AM
They should change the dynamic entirely so that when 6 tiny runabouts slap a tractor beam onto a Negh'Var tooling along at half-impulse it looks like this.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-10-2012, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Covenanter
Don't for get the target subsytems !

At the moment you also have 8 pets every couple of minutes targeting your subsystems and or procing you this is totally OP, you can spend half the match with one subsystem or the other not working !
added to the first post
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-10-2012, 06:54 AM
Pet tractor beams should only slow you down, pet procs should have much lower chances of going off, etc.

Also, add in more ways to shoot them down. TBR works pretty well, but how about a BO ability that only blows away pets?
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-10-2012, 07:03 AM
I think the simplest and most likely to work solution is this:

1) Invent Time Machine
2) Travel back in Time before the Startrek Online Beta
3) Capture every Cryptic Dev and go all Clockwork's Orange on them, but in regards to Carriers, not violence.
4) ???
5) Profit
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-10-2012, 08:20 AM
Go into code
Find hangar recharge time
Multiply value by factor of 10
Done

Edit: Destroy the flight deck doff atrocity
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-10-2012, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by playhard88
- Attack Pattern Omega should work properly when more than 1 tractor beam is stacked
- Idem for Polarize Hull, is not working with multiple tractor beams.
I think addressing these two issues alone would make a world of difference. APO is a very common ability to have in PvP, as is Polarize Hull.

Though, admittedly, this wouldn't address the drain/subsystem pets.