Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
05-10-2012, 09:57 AM
I don't think we should de-claw the cat carrier. The biggest problem is there is no counter to all the pets.

What about making CPB have an area scramble sensor effect on NPCs? It's already an useless skill, might as well give people a reason to carry it.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-10-2012, 12:47 PM
Just FYI, the Runabout Tractor Beam spam is an AI issue that should be addressed in our next code branch. Until then, I'm instituting a band-aid fix that basically disallows multiple Tractor Beams to be used simultaneously. This change applies -only- to Runabout Pets, and does not affect any other Tractor Beams in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-10-2012, 12:50 PM
Sounds good, thanks. At this point, drastic remedies are justified!
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-10-2012, 12:51 PM
There, see? Not an intentional move to tick PvPers off after all. Who'd have guessed, eh? :p

Thank you Borticus.
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manx View Post
There, see? Not an intentional move to tick PvPers off after all.
Frankly, it's insulting to hear people jump to this conclusion. We have absolutely nothing to gain, ever, in any circumstance, by aggravating even a single customer. To assume otherwise is madness.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-10-2012, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorticusCryptic
Frankly, it's insulting to hear people jump to this conclusion. We have absolutely nothing to gain, ever, in any circumstance, by aggravating even a single customer. To assume otherwise is madness.
No, sorry; I was poking a little fun at the raging in here. I meant no offence to you or your colleagues.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-10-2012, 01:11 PM
Quote:
The problem is things like this are happening way too often and imo the reason is lack of propper testing, the carriers and pets were put on holodeck without any chance for player testing on tribble, and lately even when changes are put on tribble we only have 2 or 3 days of testing before it gets pushed to holodeck and even then any feedback posted is generally ignored so the patch can be rushed out with problems still intact.
You really cannot be surprised by player reactions when things like this are happening on what seems like a weekly basis now, peoples patience has mostly run out and that is why posts tend to get more heated and people jump to conclusions about motives.
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-10-2012, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Just FYI, the Runabout Tractor Beam spam is an AI issue that should be addressed in our next code branch. Until then, I'm instituting a band-aid fix that basically disallows multiple Tractor Beams to be used simultaneously. This change applies -only- to Runabout Pets, and does not affect any other Tractor Beams in the game.

Thank you for the update.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Quote:
thx for the answer Borticus, but i can't imagine how IA can be fixed for solve this, if u program the IA to evoid multiple tractor beams on the same target, u will get a series of tractor beam one after another, ok they will not stack, but u will be under a tractor beam all the time.

What can u tell us about Chroniton debuff? Each pet firing chroniton torpedos = 100% of the game under chroniton debuff, is imposible put the DC's/DHC's in firing arc with a constant turn rate debuff, and there is none skill capable of cleaning the chroniton debuff (is that intended? or the skills like APB are bugged?)
Also the spam of subsystem target in pets make as result systems going down one after another all the time, if we take phaser procs in consideration, and other skills that can shutdown a system, the result is VERY annoying
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-10-2012, 01:32 PM
Quote:
that's great to hear and thanks for posting but, forgive me I'm not privvy to all the inner workings, why couldn't we have been told this last Thursday?