Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 41
05-10-2012, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
You ever watch stoked? He was the sychophant blond kid that said STO was worth subbing for, but RIFT wasn't. And that STO is the best mmo out there.

They liked his ***kissery so much they gave him a job
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquitaine985 View Post
I hear they all got BUG ships for being applepolishing too. Pop one of those in the mail for me to and i'd kiss anything.
Eh, even I think you guys are going too far here. What's do you hope to achieve with personal attacks?

I know, I made that other thread with all the drama, but that's a dose of hard to stomach truth that they need to accept or they won't move forward. There's nothing to be gained from plain heckling.
Lt. Commander
# 42
05-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorticusCryptic
Frankly, it's insulting to hear people jump to this conclusion. We have absolutely nothing to gain, ever, in any circumstance, by aggravating even a single customer. To assume otherwise is madness.
So....

When can we expect a fix to siphon drones then?
Lt. Commander
# 43
05-10-2012, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dribyelruh View Post
Eh, even I think you guys are going too far here. What's do you hope to achieve with personal attacks?

I know, I made that other thread with all the drama, but that's a dose of hard to stomach truth that they need to accept or they won't move forward. There's nothing to be gained from plain heckling.
It's the truth. We saw Jman's contribution. A shield that was bugged to infinitely heal shields with the right doff.
:p

And it's not personal, it's truth. And maybe he shouldn't be a ****, and be honest that yes cryptic has ignored us, or worse instead of trying to play the victim card.
Lt. Commander
# 44
05-10-2012, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Just FYI, the Runabout Tractor Beam spam is an AI issue that should be addressed in our next code branch. Until then, I'm instituting a band-aid fix that basically disallows multiple Tractor Beams to be used simultaneously. This change applies -only- to Runabout Pets, and does not affect any other Tractor Beams in the game.
anything that makes those things less effective is fine with me. but this doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me though, why is it an ai error for these pets to use a tractor beam as soon as they can? thats what i would do if i was a pet. i hope the fix isn't them using tractor beams sequentially 1 after the other, that would be 100% worse then it is currently.

multiple tractor beams not working just because isn't much of a fix imo, even temperately. what you see is what you should get... but in this case anything to make them less effective, they are just so bad. maybe reduce the number of runabouts that are launch able? an idea ive posted a few times is that every runabout launch should send out 1 runabout and 2 shuttles, thus reducing the number of tractor beams and chrono procs. that is the heart of the problem, doing this would all but cure it.

Quote:
Frankly, it's insulting to hear people jump to this conclusion. We have absolutely nothing to gain, ever, in any circumstance, by aggravating even a single customer. To assume otherwise is madness.
regardless of just how bad or fun reducing any change or new addition to the game is (talking directly about the catbox), it doesn't make me think the devs want us to be infuriated. it just shows that they don't pvp, VERY clearly, or they would never have changed something the way they did.

making a change for the sake of pve is like adding seasoning salt to pig slop. its pointless and makes no difference, and if it damages pvp balance its a disaster. the only way you guys will be able to correctly balance is to actually pvp, you don't even have the frame of reference otherwise.
Lt. Commander
# 45
05-11-2012, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
a runabout launch should consist of 1 runabout with 2 flanking shuttles. there, amount of tractor beams and chronos slashed to a somewhat manageable level. consider doing the same with deltas too.
Honestly, a good general rule for pets should be to launch as few as would make sense. 1 launch spawning 1 runabout makes sense.

I've been away for a while, but part of what I disliked before was all the PvE spam in PvP. Now it's worse, even without taking procs into consideration. A good starting point for a solution is to go through every ability that calls something biigger than a fighter, and make it spawn only one ship. That should be a general rule, even when procs aren't a problem.

If that one ship needs to be beefed up a bit, that's fine, but just reducing the number of PvE objects flying around simplifies things a lot.