Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
05-10-2012, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
When I grow up I want to be a faceroller like a sto dev.

I made a comment last night during the height of my drunken playing (the only way I can play STO anymore), that the Devs, interpret us as the Deferi.

Something to be hosed on both sides, and mocked for, forever chasing what is to them a nebulous and unimportant thing called Balance.

Cryptic wants us gone. Because that's the only way they can make their keyboard face rollers happy. When they introduced, what was to us an impressive (for a cryptic npc) D. Defender in lolpve, the face rollers *****ed that it was OP and impossible to kill and despite multiple screen shots and videos posted to the contrary, the devs caved to the face rollers. Again. Just like they always do and rather than tell the lil rpers and face rollers "shut up and learn how to play" like they should have, they completely removed the D Defender from the game.

When we tell them their game is broken and that the last thing it needs is more pets, and perma shut downs... they introduce us to both. The Cat Carrier is only the newest offense to a very long history of the devs repeatedly slapping us in the face with their genitals.

To this I say in response, hey devs. You suck, you fail. You'll always fail. And the only dev you had that was talented clicked Abandon Ship a long time ago because he saw then what kind of crap you guys were. Do you know why we loved said Dev? Cause he actually played with us, he actually learned how to play, he actually listened to our feedback and did his best to explain what was needed, to a horribly incompetent systems team for us. TLDR He Earned Our Respect. Respect is something earned. And when you deliberately slap people in the face and expect them to respect you afterwards is both the height of arrogance and the height of stupidity. You don't deserve respect.

Whereever you are Snix if you ever happen to read this. We miss you sir. You were the best thing that ever happened to STO, and your absence, and the games dramatic downward spiral since then, only proves it.

To the current STO devs, if you want us to stop face raping you on the forums, in the game, (both in pvp, and in zone chats) here's a thought. Try to think What would Snix do before being a complete moron like you usually are.
+9000 Internets for you

To the devs reading this, and we know you are but lack the moral fibre to reply.

This guy is far from alone in his rage directed towards you and we know you dont care and will simply ignore the comments, hope he goes away and plays something else. He may, but i assure you he will not alone. - Prepare for mass subsciptions losses and enjoy developing a game for free players who contribute no $$$.

Adjust your tampons ladies, admit you know next to SHT about your own game and LISTEN to the sugestions of veteran players

Oh and side note amongst the 100's issues I have with this "mmo" - GATED Events? LMFAO! Who the HELL was the genius behind this? Seriously.. who was it? good luck with killing off your playerbase, in fact you dont need luck you are all doing a great job of it already.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-10-2012, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
When I grow up I want to be a faceroller like a sto dev.

I made a comment last night during the height of my drunken playing (the only way I can play STO anymore), that the Devs, interpret us as the Deferi.

Something to be hosed on both sides, and mocked for, forever chasing what is to them a nebulous and unimportant thing called Balance.

Cryptic wants us gone. Because that's the only way they can make their keyboard face rollers happy. When they introduced, what was to us an impressive (for a cryptic npc) D. Defender in lolpve, the face rollers *****ed that it was OP and impossible to kill and despite multiple screen shots and videos posted to the contrary, the devs caved to the face rollers. Again. Just like they always do and rather than tell the lil rpers and face rollers "shut up and learn how to play" like they should have, they completely removed the D Defender from the game.

When we tell them their game is broken and that the last thing it needs is more pets, and perma shut downs... they introduce us to both. The Cat Carrier is only the newest offense to a very long history of the devs repeatedly slapping us in the face with their genitals.

To this I say in response, hey devs. You suck, you fail. You'll always fail. And the only dev you had that was talented clicked Abandon Ship a long time ago because he saw then what kind of crap you guys were. Do you know why we loved said Dev? Cause he actually played with us, he actually learned how to play, he actually listened to our feedback and did his best to explain what was needed, to a horribly incompetent systems team for us. TLDR He Earned Our Respect. Respect is something earned. And when you deliberately slap people in the face and expect them to respect you afterwards is both the height of arrogance and the height of stupidity. You don't deserve respect.

Whereever you are Snix if you ever happen to read this. We miss you sir. You were the best thing that ever happened to STO, and your absence, and the games dramatic downward spiral since then, only proves it.

To the current STO devs, if you want us to stop face raping you on the forums, in the game, (both in pvp, and in zone chats) here's a thought. Try to think What would Snix do before being a complete moron like you usually are.
WWSD bumper stickers, keychains and bottle openers. On sale soon!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-10-2012, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dribyelruh View Post
Cryptic, you have failed the PvP community since launch, but lately things have taken a turn for the worse in ways none of us had ever imagined possible.

It's one thing to take some time to balance out the science resists, it's another thing to make keep making these pants-on-head retarded changes like the further nerfing of PSW and Tricos. Or buffing RSP and pet tractors.

L2Develop.

It's pretty obvious that no one on the systems team has any clue what they're doing. They either need to start playing organized, high level PvP to educate themselves, or they should all be let go. They're doing far more harm than good. At this point monkeys on typewriters, or even flipping a coin and rolling a die to see what gets nerfed or buffed would do a better job. Seriously Cryptic, what the heck are you paying these people for?

And then there's itemization. They have no idea how to create balanced additions. If they can't stomach educating themselves to do their own job properly they should be let go as well and replaced with people who are willing to put in even a small effort to do their jobs properly.

At the very least we need someone who actually knows how to play this game in a position of oversight. If there is anybody like this at Cryptic, they need to be promoted. Ironically, the only Cryptic employee who seems to want to put in any effort to understand balance is Branflakes, a community rep. Meanwhile Captain "I don't understand how weapon consoles work" Gecko is leading the systems team and is probably the worst offender of the lot.

The more poorly conceptualized items you add, the more convoluted systems that are added either "just because" or to cover for a past mistake, the worse things will get. When your team is this hopeless at understanding their own product, the worst thing you can do is add feature creep. That's the reason why balance has taken a nose dive like never before: The decline of PvP is now an exponential function.

Bottom line, Cryptic. You have three choices:
  1. Fire the systems and itemization teams, or if a problem exists at the top replace those team leads.
  2. Where it is critical for an employee to know how to play STO, make them play STO. And I'm not talking about PvE or pugs.
  3. Or, if you don't do either. Watch the PvP in this game die even faster than the rest of it.

The ball is in your court Cryptic. In any case, until the unmitigated disaster PvP has become is sorted out I'm not touching your game. I'm off to play some more Stellar Impact where the devs listen, treat you as equal, and are some of the best damn competitive players in their game. Peace out.
They never 'failed' the pvp community, they never even bothered to do anything about unbalance or whatever, so they cannot fail us in any way

They made sure they never had some obligation to do anything about PVP and they succeeded.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-10-2012, 10:06 AM
Damn step a way for awhile and come back to flying tractor beam mines, I mean Runabouts. All the spam has turned cannon rapid fire into "can I Fire?"

Mavairo as usual I am with you but hey they have added some really good..er really entertaining...er new missions that have caught my eye.

Hey cryptic thanks i am now in to the house money for LTS :p
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-10-2012, 10:09 AM
Lets be honest guys, at the end Cryptic doesn't realize how much we want to like PvP, and we loved it once. Thats the whole issue. They cannot begin to understand and realize we WANT THIS PVP TO BE AWESOME AND EPIC.

They just dont see it that way, and therefore they will never ever be so devoted to it to change it. Except for Branflakes but unfortunately (Unless im mistaken) hes no real developer and the rest of those Gecko whatever noob guys (sorry if you feel offended now) you're doing a miserable job as a programmer.

There.

and for me, Im not complaining im still pew pew'ing and killing off you guys but hey this it just the way it is

kkthx.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-10-2012, 11:45 AM
It's threads like this that make Devs want to not visit this part of the community. Then we get complaints that your feedback is being ignored. You can't have it both ways. Be constructive, or expect to be ignored.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-10-2012, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorticusCryptic
It's threads like this that make Devs want to not visit this part of the community. Then we get complaints that your feedback is being ignored. You can't have it both ways. Be constructive, or expect to be ignored.
whats the difference when the community is constructive it still gets ignored ? maybe its the constant ignoring of the community that has soured things here ? and quite frankly im suprised at your comment. Coming from a show that was based around community feedback you should be all too aware of the issues within the game and how sensative a subject balance is. Why why why when constructive feedback has been given it is blatantly ignored ?

My "constructive" questions to you Borticus are

is no one testing this in house ?
is balance not taken into consideraiton ?
is anything tested internally at all ? because when the community tests it on tribble it gets constructively ignored ?
or is it more a case of sells as much as you can now then nerf c store items later ?
what is tribble used for ? I thought it was a test server ? but why have a test server if you the developers ignore constructive and valid feedback ?

please do tell as id love to know why, why the blatant ignorance and disregard for the playerbase of this game ?

oh and if devs cant interact with the community or take feedback on the chin then they shouldnt be doing the job they are in. Its part of the job so deal with feedback. At the end of the day the devs are human and trying to do the best they can but even your avaerage Joe Bloggs can see how stupid the whol runabout idea is.

And again Borticus my constructive reminder to you here is take the cloaked tractor beam mines. Remeber when they first came out ? how the had to be toned down, made unique and given a global cooldown ? how are runabout pets any different ?

Think about that before you decide to ignore the community.

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-10-2012, 11:55 AM
Quote:
The PVP community is already largely ignored, hence the bad blood and "threads like this".

You may as well have said "Be constructive or expect the status quo to continue".

Those that have been constructive have found themselves ignored no less than those that post threads like this.

Where is the dev response to the various balance concerns that have been posted *constructively and repeatably* in the past? - where is the response to the Pet spam issues that have been brought up, both now with the Catian carrier, and in the past with the various Klingon carriers?

Petty threats have no effect on me and reflect on you poorly, I can chose to ignore them and play something else, and invest my time *AND* money elsewhere, and given that response will now be doing so.

So long & thanks for all the fish.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-10-2012, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dribyelruh View Post
It's pretty obvious that no one on the systems team has any clue what they're doing.
What, may I ask, are your experience, qualifications, and credentials with regard to game design and development?
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-10-2012, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Borticus, the fundamental reason for this rage thread and others like it is extremely simple; the community has given careful, polite, and constructive feedback time and again, and it has generally been ignored.

When things like the Caitian Carrier are given precisely zero testing time on Tribble, and then the runabout pets turn out to be a significant balance issue, that makes us feel ignored.

When the science resists went to Tribble, and people posted detailed, constructive feedback including mathematical analysis, and the changes went live without so much as a minor revision, that makes us feel ignored.

When the community has made repeated statements and given good feedback on powers like Tyken's Rift or Aceton Beam, and the current state of those powers hasn't changed in months, that makes us feel ignored.

People have been making both polite and impolite calls for c-store consoles like Graviton Pulse and AMS to have their pvp effects turned down. Nothing has been done in response to either honey or vinegar, and that makes us feel ignored.

There are dozens of other issues just like these. If you want the community to continue giving good, constructive feedback, then you have to take that feedback seriously and occasionally act upon it, or at least explain why you are choosing not act upon it. Giving constructive feedback is harder than making rage posts, and people aren't going to do it if they are given evidence time and time again that detailed, constructive feedback and reasoned debate produce precisely the same result as over-the-top rage posts; almost nothing.

I have a very simple suggestion for you Borticus; have a chat with Branflakes over the office IM system about some of his recent pvp experiences, and then come join the gang of folks that he's been pvp'ing with. We promise not to grill you for details, heckle you over old complaints, or make the experience unpleasant. What we do want is for you to come have a great time playing STO (Brandon said that the pvp he'd done recently had been some of the most fun he'd ever had in the game) and see for yourself what pvp is like in STO today. No hidden agenda, no plans to propose our grand and crazy ideas, we simply want you to have first-hand experience with the game. I don't claim that you don't play the game, but I will say that playing high level pvp is a very different animal and the best way to understand what the game really feels like and where the root causes of the problems are.

So go chat with Brandon; I'm sure he'll tell you what an enjoyable experience playing pvp can be, then come join us for some matches. We'll be happy to give polite, constructive answers to any questions you ask, or to simply play the game if you prefer. All that we do ask is that you get your boots muddy, get down in the trenches with us and see what pvp is really like.