Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
05-12-2012, 06:33 PM
You might be a trekkie if you see a Megan Fox lookalike with trill spots in a TOS uniform with a voyager combadge and think "Im disgusted, that's the wrong badge!"
Lt. Commander
# 32
05-12-2012, 09:50 PM
You want your vehicle in "Starfleet Gray" with red pinstripes and black decals.

^ Does that actually happen? I'm thinking a Ford Transit van dressed up like a TOS shuttle would look awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 33
05-14-2012, 01:39 AM
Story of the Cardassian Filing Clerk

When you feel that sometimes you need to be a Cardassian to protect your interests, your employees' dignity, and your professional image.

Say, you are working in an industry that somehow receives a lot of very nasty customers who harass your staff, managers and even the directors themselves. Only you have any sort of experience dealing with such riffraff (and no, polite customer service does not work in Asia - you will be taken advantage of and made to do favours for free.)

I actually have post traumatic stress disorder dealing with these ungrateful people and I have also been forced to pay extra costs out of pocket. The Directors of the firm are so submissive that they have no idea how to defend their own interests against these ruthless Ferengi customers.

Until I watched DS9.

Now, I introduce myself as the "Filing Clerk".

"Oh, I'm just the filing clerk, I have no qualifications and just push pencils. "

And so today the firm is peaceful, as clients are now obliged and expected to play by rules of professional conduct. And they can follow my rules happily and willingly and help persuade my Directors to increase my salary and benefits every few months

Or Else.

^ And this is how Star Trek saved my dignity, my health and my career. Couldn't have done it without Sisko and Co.
Lt. Commander
# 34
05-14-2012, 08:03 AM
"You Might Be a Trekkie"

If driving home at night when itís snowing, you pretend the snowflakes are stars, and that youíre travelling at warp speed .. (guilty as charged) :p
Lt. Commander
# 35
05-14-2012, 09:56 AM
"you might be a trekkie"

If when someone is annoying you and won't stop talking you turn around and say "SHUT UP WESLEY"
Lt. Commander
# 36
05-14-2012, 07:33 PM
If you see a street name that has anything to do with "Star Trek" and that's the first thing you think of, no matter what you should have thought of first...you might be a Trekkie.

(I'm actually guilty of this. There's two streets where I live named "Enterprise" and "Vulcan")
Lt. Commander
# 37
05-14-2012, 11:46 PM
your significant other starts to walk out of the house in a red shirt and you blurt out "it's your funeral!"
Lt. Commander
# 38
05-15-2012, 12:58 AM
Some guy cuts you off on the freeway and the 'red alert' sound lays in your head and you imagine phaser bank sounds and imagine his being vaporized.

~guilty as charged~

=====OH SNAP JUST REMEMBERED======

Today in the Boeing Vanpool, our driver rear ended someone at the stop sign and I automatically heard in my head "Hull integrity below 75%". They kept (other passengers) asking me what was so funny.

Lt. Commander
# 39
05-15-2012, 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spektre12
Some guy cuts you off on the freeway and the 'red alert' sound lays in your head and you imagine phaser bank sounds and imagine his being vaporized.

~guilty as charged~

=====OH SNAP JUST REMEMBERED======

Today in the Boeing Vanpool, our driver rear ended someone at the stop sign and I automatically heard in my head "Hull integrity below 75%". They kept (other passengers) asking me what was so funny.

The hull integrity part is hilarious! Hope the Boeing Shuttlecraft had Aux2Struct

For me I mentally hit TAB if I detect a vehicle driven recklessly or about to infringe on my right of way.

Because I only have two wheels and not four I imagine the LCARS computer voice automatically saying "Multi Vector Assault mode activated".

Native Asian drivers here apparently will not give way to other vehicles but actively block you if you try to pass, so what I do is feint left and then attack from the right to lanesplit past the huge gap they left on the other side.

They have no idea how to compensate for motorcycle MVAM
Lt. Commander
# 40
05-15-2012, 03:43 AM
:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
They have no idea how to compensate for motorcycle MVAM
No they do not. Our Asians here in WA will just left lane camp .

What do you ride?

I used to own a 2007 Yamaha YZF-R6. Now I ride a couch, a 1999 Hraley Davidson XL1200C.

Here they are:

R6
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net..._1533768_n.jpg

HOG (The striper tassels are gone now, lol)
https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos...67676212_o.jpg