Lt. Commander
# 11
05-13-2012, 10:18 PM
[s]I'm pretty sure the bundle is single character unlock, since the weapons and shuttle came in boxes implying that these can be sold. Then again, I've not made a Fed alt yet.[/s]

Correction: Its a account wide unlock that even has some to offer your Klingon toons (the more important ones, like doffs and weapons!)

I maximize the bundle as I like the Chaffee a lot. Would've been perfect had there been 2 Ensign slots like the Delta Flyer. BUt it doesn't, so I find that when soloing to go with 2 purple XII arrays and call it a day. It may have excellent turn rate, but so do the Scorpions you are supposed to fight, thus there's very little turn advantage to use narrow arc weapons on the Chaffee. In the end, I got more mileage out of turrets and shuttle arrays, so XII arrays are an adequate compromise.

I also prefer the Chaffee because of ownership stereotype. I fly an AE and a Nebula, both of which are popular minor ships appearing alongside the Intrepid and the Galaxy respectively. So the alternative to the Defiant, was either the Chaffee or the Runabout. Chaffee came with a lot more goodies and I still use to this day, plus I use the Admiral as a dress uniform on top of the Sierra 1 I wear every day.

I'd like to use the recolored Vedek for off-duty wear, but somehow I can't select off-duty wear at the tailor? Where did it go?
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-13-2012, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meisterbabylon View Post
I'd like to use the recolored Vedek for off-duty wear, but somehow I can't select off-duty wear at the tailor? Where did it go?
First slot is locked to Uniform, you can NEVER use the First slot to anything BUT a uniform.

The second slot is your first open slot that can be used for off-duty, tier slot is Fleet and if you buy more slots you can put anything you want on them.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-13-2012, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron
First slot is locked to Uniform, you can NEVER use the First slot to anything BUT a uniform.

The second slot is your first open slot that can be used for off-duty, tier slot is Fleet and if you buy more slots you can put anything you want on them.
Oh, I got it flipped around. Time to reorder the costumes.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-13-2012, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meisterbabylon View Post
The actual pull down menu for Uniform/Off Duty is on the 1st page in the tailor (where you set your facial features, etc), at the upper right hand corner. It's not very noticeable either, and that's the only page it's on.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-14-2012, 11:44 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. I went ahead and got the bundle. Just about to take the Chaffee into the Vault for the first time...

One last question on this, are the standard weapons and equipment that the Chaffee comes with worth keeping? I heard that they increase with level, and I still have them, but I've already switched out the Phaser Beam Array - S for a Polaron Beam Array Mk VIII that I just looted.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-15-2012, 01:11 AM
They do level up with you, but I just replaced my shield array S with something that gave alot more juice to it. Personally, I would keep the phaser array, as it gives a 360 degree field of fire, and I don't think any replacement ones do. At least, I think it does. I know the Phaser S on the runabout does, and I think they are the same. It may not be as powerful as one you can replace it with, but sometimes it's more beneficial to be able to shoot everywhere than to have a powerful shot.

I believe everything else has no major advantages over stuff you can replace it with.