Lt. Commander
# 1 Ground Double Cloak
05-10-2012, 08:39 AM
I was just wondering, how come so many people complain on the forums about double cloaking, then log on and are the very ones using it all the time? In fact they posted instructions on the forums to teach everyone to do it, nice. I am surprised the instructions left out the use of Ice Boots while cloaked, maybe because your pals ran out of usage time and you don't want people returning the favor.
I have watched the very ones that brag of their great PvP skill lose duels over and over again to honest non-cloaking players, only to become the biggest users of the double cloak. So complain about it if you want, but why pretend that you don't use it yourself? Or provide Tactical Initiative, Nanite Health Monitor, and other team buffs to teammates that do?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-10-2012, 08:22 PM
You are so right, it seems that all anyone does is complain about this exploit, or that design flaw, or this cheap tactic. But lets face it, most people are going to use every technique they can to overpower other players and win. I understand that pvp will be undergoing some changes shortly, and the first thing many pvp'rs will be doing is trying to find out where the advantages lay, what exploits exist, which key-bind combos work best, etc.

It really doesn't matter what is changed, improved or broken... whatever gets the win is what people will use. And there will always be complaints.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-10-2012, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuccaneerDTB
I was just wondering, how come so many people complain on the forums about double cloaking, then log on and are the very ones using it all the time? In fact, our new Ground PvP self proclaimed teacher fleet FES has some of the worst offenders. In fact FES posted instructions on the forums to teach everyone to do it, nice. I am surprised the instructions left out the use of Ice Boots while cloaked, proably because your pals ran out of usage time and you don't want people returning the favor.
I have watched the very ones that brag of their great PvP skill lose duels over and over again to honest non-cloaking players, only to become the biggest users of the double cloak. So complain about it if you want, but why pretend that you don't use it yourself? Or provide Tactical Initiative, Nanite Health Monitor, and other team buffs to teammates that do?
You forget.....those that do either think it isn't an exploit when they use it themselves,only when it's used against them.....or they justify it by other players giving them a "reason" to use it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-11-2012, 02:50 PM
The 'I only double cloak when they do it to me' doesn't work, as my fleet never double cloaks, yet we all know who does it to us constantly. Again, it is repugnant to see those same people get on the forums and talk like they are such saints and don't use it when I hardly see anyone else doing it other than them.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-11-2012, 02:57 PM
I don't have any tactical characters beyond level 6, so you know I don't use it!

It's ok though, I kit switch from time to time to make up for it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-11-2012, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuccaneerDTB
The 'I only double cloak when they do it to me' doesn't work, as my fleet never double cloaks, yet we all know who does it to us constantly. Again, it is repugnant to see those same people get on the forums and talk like they are such saints and don't use it when I hardly see anyone else doing it other than them.
They regularly have a 5 man Tac premade in the queues now to 'discourage' people from using the double cloak....by double cloaking and 'purging' the queues from potential 'double cloak abusers'....
and be careful attacking their 'sainthood' on the forums....they see it as blasphemy and will send the mods after you.