Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
BUG:

Weapons power level is draining at an accelerated rate

DESCRIPTION:

I use the continuous cycle of "Emergency Power To Shields 3" and "Emergency Power To Weapons 1" to keep both power levels at maximum. Whilst playing an STF, I noticed that the weapons power level was no longer staying at it's maximum. I first noticed this on 03-May-2012. I fly an Odyssey tactical cruiser with 6 antiproton beams. I have not changed my setup for several weeks. My power settings are 90 weapons, 55 shields, 25 engines, 30 aux.

CATEGORY :

This occurs during any space combat.

TO REPRODUCE :

1- Engage in space combat
2- Wait for activation of "Emergency Power To Weapons 1"
3- Fire all phaser beams.
4- Observe power level drop

Any space combat area.

COMMENTARY:

Any other information is based on what I have read on the forums, this is happening to multiple types of ship but some have suggested on beam weapons are affected and not connans for example. If this is not a bug then it is a nerf which I believe the players have not been informed of.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-05-2012, 01:58 PM
Yup, there's definitely something going on with weapon power consumption on some ships. This issue started about a month ago and was the reason I posted this thread - http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=266023

No point in repeating what's already been said. One can just hope someone at cryptic finally notices one of these threads and decides to provide an explanation. Because I refuse to accept that everything is working "as intended" when three different cruisers with the exact same weapon, skill and power setup have completely different weapon power consumption rates. Not when there's been no official information about such changes anywhere in any patch notes.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Weapon drain/Cap/Limit has always been an issue in this game. Its either working as intended, its not working as intended, it's inaccurate, or its inconsistent. Hard Cap removed, Hard Cap back in place.

Last time i checked all weapons had a cap of 125 except for beam arrays, which doesnt seem to drain any power from '135' until you used 3 beam arrays firing at once which would be;

125(Actually 135 if you use the right consoles and skillpoints) power level:
First beam array firing free, 125
Second beam array firing, -10. Expecting drop from 125 to 115, but no drop observed.
Third beam array firing, -10. Expecting drop from 115 to 105, but the drain is only 115 on this point where it should be 105.

Dont know about it now, last time I checked was a couple of months ago. But this game and weaponpower/drain, its just ludicrous. You would almost think they don't even know how they programmed it themselves.

to make matters worse it seems every new patch they affect another part of the system and so on...
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-07-2012, 01:56 AM
This has already been beaten to death, mate. Once again, either Cryptic chose to add it as a stealth nerf for some unfathomable reason or have decided it isn't worth looking into, as it does nothing to herd people to the Cstore. Expect no fix to be forthcoming, and no further information.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-07-2012, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfader1988
You would almost think they don't even know how they programmed it themselves.
A fair bit of stuff STO-specific was not made by the people currently around (programmers have come and gone over the past few years), and that's on top of the fact that the game engine is from another game that they adapt to use for STO. They are often stumbling over old code doing odd things, like ship combat pets becoming undead bug(still alive at 0% health) not that long ago.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-09-2012, 03:08 AM
Yeah I've definitely noticed the power consumption issue too now, hopefully a Dev will pop by to tell us "there is A fix in the works" some time soon.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-09-2012, 03:34 AM
-The power drain ability of Siphon Drones, Jem'Hadar Dreadnoughts and Breen Fighters can now be resisted, but only half as effectively as typical energy drains.

-The power drain ability of the Plasmonic Leech Console can now be resisted, but only half as effectively as typical energy drains.

Quoted from May 3rd Release notes, I think this balance change broke the weapons firing power drain.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-09-2012, 06:52 AM
I noticed this as well, after the last patch. My best guess is that I'm putting out ~40% less damage on an 8 beam cruiser. I've mitigated some of the drain by swapping 2 arrays for torps.

Would be nice if a dev confirmed that this is a bug. I haven't put any skill points in projectile weapons and need to respec if this is a permanent change.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-09-2012, 01:43 PM
Yes please, any fix for this?
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-10-2012, 10:48 AM
Seeing how busy they are blasting us with content, I won't hold them to any faults. Fixes will slowly make their way to this issue..