Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 61
05-11-2012, 05:30 AM
But I need my Whip and Batleth to frighten all that try to hit on my Pretty Trill
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 62 oops
05-11-2012, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo86
you could find the "running man" dance more offensive, or what about push-ups on a sleeping person.?
I dont see the point of being offended by something thats just a game. If you are being harrassed directly ask them to stop, and if they don't, then report & ignore the player.
Ahhhhhh oops, I only did it because she wanted me to. The push ups ...... errr I shouldn't have said that. oh no.. Khaannnnnn!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 63
05-11-2012, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
So you presumably want the game 18 cert?
because at the minute kids play here and seeing that kind of thing will mess them up

I noticed actually that you say you like being reported else where today

Well some of us don't like having to report stuff
but the harassment and bullying culture here is not acceptable

And all that is required for evil to win is for good men to refuse to kill it
First off this whip is in no way going to scar a child.

Second the "Like being reported" was in a thread (which was subsequently closed) In which I was responding on behalf of our fleet. You seem to have a non-existent sense of humor. Maybe you picked up some PTSD from all that combat training.

Alternitavely there are harassment free zones aplenty in this game, Ship bridges come to mind right away. Don't want your kitty whipped AT (since you cant actually be whipped), then avoid the whippers.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 64
05-11-2012, 05:35 AM
I think a 13yo will also understand the difference of some moving pixels and real life.

When I was 13 I played Duke Nukem 3D and Carmageddon, still not driving over people and giving money to random dancers to expect them to show their breasts..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 65
05-11-2012, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
So you presumably want the game 18 cert?
because at the minute kids play here and seeing that kind of thing will mess them up
The potential sexual element to whipping wouldn't even occur to a child young enough to be messed up by it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 66
05-11-2012, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
The day harrison ford says "you like that don't you " to a bad guy I will PERSONALLY write him a letter of complaint AND burn all my starwars DVDS

This is not about a WEAPON
its about it being used for harassment purposes
Ya know... I was keeping an open mind until you said THIS.

Now you're being reactionary and immature. Grow up, and accept the reality that life isn't always just what YOU want it to be.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 67
05-11-2012, 05:42 AM
Seriously, comparing that to harassment/sexual harassment is a disservice to those who actually have gotten harassed.

If it bugs you that much, do the "rifle butt" or "palm strike" in return. Seriously, it's making a deal out of nothing.

NOW, however, if they are doing the 'whipping' at your character AND making sexual comments, report away/ignore. But if they are just running around whipping just leave them be. No different then somebody spamming the party popper or the like.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 68
05-11-2012, 06:10 AM
When a problem comes along...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 69
05-11-2012, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
Slavery references will be next
however Africans have no monopoly on being slaves (they just got it most recently)

Its harassment
and it needs to STOP

like following caitians going "here kitty kitty" or trying to chat up the orion girls

its not right and its not acceptable adult behaviour
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
So you presumably want the game 18 cert?
because at the minute kids play here and seeing that kind of thing will mess them up

I noticed actually that you say you like being reported else where today

Well some of us don't like having to report stuff
but the harassment and bullying culture here is not acceptable

And all that is required for evil to win is for good men to refuse to kill it
How do you know for a fact that the people who were 'harrassing' you were adults? you stated it is not acceptable adult behaviour then a few posts later state that kids play this game.
For all you know these 'guys' were a couple of 13yr olds who were mucking around.
As you have said, this is a game, and not everyone sees things the same as you, if you wish to take using a whip as something sexual then that is your decision, but to say you see it as sexual harrassment so everyone else must see it that way and that is the only way the whip can be used is stupid and close minded.

As for waiting for someone for half an hour and having to watch this in the exchange, is there nothing else you could have done? gone on the exchange and searced for stuff to buy or sell? that would have hidden most of the screen, and as many other people have said, change instance!! you say your friend has trouble communicating?? how did you arrange to meet at a certain time and place? there are many ways to contact people on sto, team chat, fleet chat, private chat channel, private messaging, the mail system. your arranged meet could have easily been changed to a different place or instance.

what if your friend never came on? would you have waited at the exchange all day/evening for them?

Stop whinging!!!!

ps if you were so troubled by them why did you not just challenge them? go to a private pvp match and beat them there?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 70 Dora the Dkora
05-11-2012, 06:21 AM
Get a Dkora they are perfect for staying away from social areas, you have the all comforts so u never need to leave your ship.
Then you can get a whip to wack your crew in private and nobody will know.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:57 AM.