Lt. Commander
# 71
05-11-2012, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
Im comparing it to Sexual harrassment

And it basically IS

you abuse others in this manner you are commiting exactly the same act as slaping a womans backside on a bus

Precisely

So put the whips away
or be seen as what you are
a Bully
Other things whips have been used for through history;
Slavery enforcement since the dawn of time
Controlling Bulls
As a means of inflicting mild pain to urge a beast of transportation to move faster.
Flicking ciggarettes out of the lovely assistants mouth on stage
It gave Indiana Jones something to do after all that pratice.
A tool of the trade of Domimatrix's everywhere.
Helping the Goblins and Orc of Morodor realize that where there is a whip, there is a way.
Proving Mothers right everywhere. You will put somebodies eye out.
Allowing James to get Madam home without concern for the horses.
Showing some couples that somethings are sometimes just too wierd to be an addition to a healthy sex life.
to list a few.

but as a means of Sexual harrassement the whip is often only used with permission, after payment and agreement of a safety phrase.
Be happy, it may mean the player in question if fond of you.
or they wish to make you build a pyramid.
Lt. Commander
# 72
05-11-2012, 06:26 AM
Quote:
So you presumably want the game 18 cert?
because at the minute kids play here and seeing that kind of thing will mess them up
I watched Indiana Jones once. I wasn't 18. It didn't mess me up.

Because he is just a group of pixels.
Lt. Commander
# 73
05-11-2012, 06:54 AM
Quote:
If someone came at me with a baseball bat (after he got out of hospital) he would go to jail for a very long time

Give me the option to fight back and kill the jerk and ill take it
if whips work on ESD so should phasers
(not trying to sound "big man" here but baseball bat wielding jerk vrs trained combatant = jerk in bits)
Read back you see that I have asked that EITHER it be disabled or weapons fo go hot the second its used for the victim
erm the whip if available to all for 15 lobis (free from doing only 3 of the current featured episode runs). there you go. fight back. someone whips you. whip back.

I like having my whip, and have it hanging on my hip. looks great with a white admirals uniform btw.

oh and sto has some of the strictest social zone limits i have seen in an mmo for a long time, most let you fire off any and all of your skills without even targetting anyone. let folks have their fun, if you feel a particular person is affecting your experience of the game report THEM. do not force restrictions on others who are just enjoying being able to see the weapon of their choice on their character.
Lt. Commander
# 74
05-11-2012, 07:15 AM
Definately adults (one of them was a Borg Ergo has a Credit card)

As to challenging them that would only work if they had the honour of a mouse
and people who use whips on others DO NOT
Lt. Commander
# 75
05-11-2012, 07:22 AM
So knee-jerk reactions to ruin fun for all?
Lt. Commander
# 76
05-11-2012, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Im comparing it to Sexual harrassment

And it basically IS
It's more of an assault, not sexual harassment.

But honestly, sollvax, take your moral crusade elsewhere. If you can't deal with the actions of people in a video game, the way people portray their characters, the way they dress their characters, the way they name their characters, you need to take a step back and go outside to your morally "holier than thou" commune.

Or, better yet, see people using whips? Change instances. You're bound to find one eventually that doesn't have people with whips in it. In short: deal with it. My numerous female characters have.

edit: Actually, this makes me think. Everything you've complained about so far is, in some form, tied to sexuality. Why do you see EVERYTHING as a sexual issue? Grow up a little.
Lt. Commander
# 77
05-11-2012, 07:28 AM
Oh I'll deal with it alright
next person i see behaving like that I won't ask them to stop
I'll just report it

And ill make a note of the name

Then at some future point when they are in game somewhere they will suddenly find themselves ALL ALONE against the cosmos
Lt. Commander
# 78
05-11-2012, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Oh I'll deal with it alright
next person i see behaving like that I won't ask them to stop
I'll just report it

And ill make a note of the name

Then at some future point when they are in game somewhere they will suddenly find themselves ALL ALONE against the cosmos
LOL

Wow ..... you got issues.
Lt. Commander
# 79
05-11-2012, 07:35 AM
Quote:
I think I'm going to buy a whip and put your name on it, just to see if you can actually hold to this... "promise".
Lt. Commander
# 80
05-11-2012, 07:51 AM
Still trying to figure the point of wasting gm time reporting. Not like people are going to get banned for using an item they gained in game within the games design. This is all really laughable but hey at least on fleet KWI nights we have a new minigame, "Whiphunt the forum whiner"
Closed Thread