Lt. Commander
# 1 Why does it say 'klingon'?
05-10-2012, 06:00 PM
The last few days I've been at Memory Alpha looking at research data and I noticed that when you transition from Memory Alpha to Sol space, the big sign says "klingon" - spelled lowercase - has anyone else noticed that? Does it mean anything?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-10-2012, 06:04 PM
It appeared in all Starfleet Astrogation charts shortly after the Klingons were able to raid Spacedock a couple of seasons ago.

Starfleet Intelligence have yet to interpret the message they broadcast on subspace as they left, as the universal translator kept giving us some kind of unintelligible gibberish that returned as "trololololol".

This word does not appear in any known Federation dialect. :p
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-10-2012, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixboox View Post
The last few days I've been at Memory Alpha looking at research data and I noticed that when you transition from Memory Alpha to Sol space, the big sign says "klingon" - spelled lowercase - has anyone else noticed that? Does it mean anything?
A number of those signs are like that for awhile. Not just memory alphas.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-10-2012, 06:53 PM
I noticed that too. It's kind of annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-10-2012, 07:44 PM
yeah I've been seeing that dumb bug for a looooong time now. you think they would of fixed it long ago since it's only ONE word. but.......
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-11-2012, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
It appeared in all Starfleet Astrogation charts shortly after the Klingons were able to raid Spacedock a couple of seasons ago.

Starfleet Intelligence have yet to interpret the message they broadcast on subspace as they left, as the universal translator kept giving us some kind of unintelligible gibberish that returned as "trololololol".

LOL

/10chars
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak

Darnit! Now the surprise is ruined......................:p
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-11-2012, 12:54 PM
It's a old bug...

I reported it back before it was announced that PWE was in it's hostile takeover of cryptic.

My ticket "magically" dissapeared however.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-11-2012, 12:59 PM
Don't worry that bug is there since kdf can leave their little corner, only a year or so.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-11-2012, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixboox View Post
This is a persistent and longstanding bug and, I have to say, it's the one that grates on me the most.