Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
05-11-2012, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucardcliff
Picard Said he had shore live coming up i bet he could of went back and get the planet to join the federation
Why? They've made it clear that they don't want a technological lifestyle, and I know Picard would respect that.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-11-2012, 08:24 PM
If yall flippin paid attention to the movie the sona and baku were relate same race or species and afterwards picard and the TNG helped them reconcile
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-11-2012, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandernabisco View Post
If yall flippin paid attention to the movie the sona and baku were relate same race or species and afterwards picard and the TNG helped them reconcile
Gal'na rejoined the Ba'ku. We don't know about the others, but in "Penumbra" Weyoun mentions that at least some of the Son'a are still with the Dominion.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-12-2012, 04:38 AM
idk its one of these subjects that can go back and forth lol
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-12-2012, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandoKnight View Post
...What version of Insurrection were you watching?

The Ba'ku shun modern technology for a more simplistic life, and the Son'a were... vile, to say the least. The former do not build ships, and the latter would hardly ever be accepted into the Federation or the KDF, given their history in producing ketracel-white and subspace weapons.

sounds like a decent addition to the dominion faction....:p
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-12-2012, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries2507 View Post
sounds like a decent addition to the dominion faction....:p
^^This.

In Insurrection, the Ba'ku pretty much made it clear they have no intent on using technology at all and will continue to live the simple life they have on that world. Remember; Admiral Doherty was with the Son'a to try and forcefully relocate the Ba'ku up until he realized that R'uaf'o was ready to kill the planet's population to attain his goal... Then he got killed. Sure Picard and the crew of the Enterprise showed that not all 'offlanders' are bad. but even so, If the Ba'ku are solid in their intent to remain as they are despite their vast knowledge; I don't think they'd join the Federation.

On a second note: Despite the fact that I do like the design of the Son'a ships.. The fact that they were using subspace weapons, something that was outlawed in the Second Khitomer Accord. Wouldn't exactly make them ideal for Federation use unless those weapons were stripped.

Then again, J'mpok was ready to use subspace weapons.. I mean he resurrected the Doomsday Machine for cryin' out loud! (Sorry KDF.. But your Chancellor is a loon!)
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-12-2012, 04:44 PM
You are very right but id love to see the ships but the could take the subspace weapons off them thatd be ok with me i like the designs and one person can change the ways a whole world runs iv seen amazing changes on stat trek and how worlds can change im not saying your wrong or right im just saying anything is possible
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-13-2012, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsycoticVulcan
I don't see how pointing out a relevant fact qualifies somebody as a "nub". (What is a nub, anyway?)

It's true that the healing process had begun, but we heard in "Penumbra" that the most Son'a were still helping the Dominion even after the Ba'ku incident. So while we could potentially see some 'good' Son'a, the majority of them would probably still be 'bad'.
"nub" is a term that refers to amputees and those of us who only lost a smaller portion of an extremity. I guess it was an attempt call people "lame" in that regards. Unless they just don't know how to spell "newb". Still not very friendly though.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-13-2012, 06:36 AM
Well, I did some searching, I didn't like what i found tho but it is what it is. Ok On the PC Game Star Trek Armada, after The Dominion War, A borg threat came up and in the brier patch, the planet the baku live on and area surrounding of space around the planet became known as the baku system, Ok and the baku must has joined the federation, because the federation built a Star Base there and weapon platforms to protect the planet. Wolf was given temporary cammand of the U.S.S Avenger a Defiant Class Ship and as he was on patrol around the planet when three Sona Ships appeared and demanded the federation leave that area of space and that it was the Sona's. Well worf told them to leave and they opened fire, And All three sona ships were destroyed. So i guess the Baku didnt work out things between the Sona but the planet did join the federation, and i guess they felt it important to build a Star Base to protect the planet. So i guess Picard did do his job as he did as he did many times before by gaining trust with a new world and having them join the federation. Well if anyone is interested, go to You Tube And Search Star Trek Armada - The Movie (part 1 of 6), it is really the the anime of the game after to beat your missions but it made a good story line.
But i still like the idea of having these ships as both fed and klingon ships for our fleets thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-13-2012, 09:57 PM
wow i guess picard did do a goog job