Go Back   Star Trek Online > Fleet Administrative Station > Earth Spacedock
Login

Ensign
Hello Commander I am wanting to join your Klingon fleet as my current one as far as I am aware is going nowhere, seeing as the counterpart to that is what everyone is working on. as a fleet member although not a newbie to the game but a newbie to Klingon. the toon is somewhere within the Captain rank at the moment.

I feel I will be able to help the newer players on many missions regardless which side they are on even though I'm not wanting to be in the fed fleet, I am also a grinder so I will be able to contribute to the Klingon Starbase if needed. I also run STF missions regularly mostly PUG's and @Carmenara and I were in the same PUG for an elite mission on the federation side, speaking of STF's I will be happy to run with any new RA's and VA's that need help on fed and Klingon when I get to it.

Federation toon is: Andrew@wheelybod
Klingon toon is: Thomas Johnson@wheelybod

I look forward to hearing your decision either in game or on forum
Andrew

Last edited by wheelybod; 08-08-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Captain
# 132
08-08-2012, 03:14 PM
Thank you for your application.

As you have spoken certain alarming things (RE: Unwanted intrusions of privacy in personal and operational comms channels, during and after combat ops campaigns) earlier this week we will not be taking you aboard.

This is not a group for you to "get to know people and make friends". This is a group that goes all out to achieve victory with newbies and PUGs that everyone else gives up on. We have little interest in anything else besides structured flight operations and will not be able to satisfy your social curiousities.

Lastly, it is also considered bad form to publicly bash your existing Fleet, no matter how unsatisfactory its condition is. If you have ideas or desire to see improvement, why not apply for leadership of it, so it isn't, as you said, "going nowhere"?
STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
Captain
# 133
08-09-2012, 08:49 PM
Minutes of meeting 9-8-12

In response to certain STO community discussions RE: Terrorism by fleet leaders, we reviewed the organization of RnA to see if we may be vulnerable to such incidents in future.

We concluded that our organization was designed ground up to resist and prevent such incidents, which are sadly, (in our opinion are) due to people relieving their RL stresses on virtual property holdings.

Most will also surmise that restriction of leadership rights is the correct way to go to prevent hostile takeover situations, and that is correct - the top slot with liquidation and major restructuring powers should only be held by one or at most two wing commanders, for the reason that one leader alone may be vulnerable itself due to unforseen situations IRL (We are all adults and from time to time may have IRL matters to deal with).

But then again RnA has always been a very enthusiastic fleet when it comes to running team operations and forging ahead through uncharted waters because we do things a bit differently and that is empower all pilots to have a say in Fleet matters just as they were managers of their own ships and crews (as all Starfleet captains should be doing in this game).

This basic roleplaying premises on fleet chat has kept all discussions amongst ourselves on-topic and as a result we do have a wide variety of ships with interesting backstories, supported by a unique array of team combat strategies that are both very effective and very intuitive for the new player to pick up. They are based not on gaming philosophies but from classical real-world tactics we are familiar with from the US military.

In short, it's because we empower everyone as leaders that we are a stable and unified organization that has blitzed Tier II starbase construction no slower than a large fleet. With active financiers never exceeding 5 members, the tools of strategic prepositioning and market exploitation were practised to pre-cache resources in advance of construction projects.

This organization works and works well because all players (with the exception of a few) treat an online game as a social venue. So long as people keep talking, a fleet stays together and continues to stay together.

Over the next few days we will be going through our roster and pruning the list of inactives.

There has been already one case of irrational behaviour from one person bringing in unhealthy gaming mentalities into our fleet and threatening the organization's mission and purpose, to which I say this: -

RnA has no rules other than that we support PUG players and we teach new players in a non-intrusive format.

Just because we are fleet pilots does not mean we have the right to discriminate others behind closed doors. We may know better about in-game affairs better than some people but that means we have a solemn duty to TEACH and SHARE that knowledge with others.

In response to the above issue I am re-instituting pre-May 2012 operational protocol for as long as Season 6 is live. From August to Dec 2012 we shall be conducting full-time PUG STF support missions where 1 to 3 fleet pilots are deployed to Elite STF queues in order to assist PUG players to achieve victory and the Optional.

Maximum tolerance will be given to exercise a variety of unconventional tactics and communications methods to encourage PUG and newbie contributions to the team. Just like in all fleet matters, the new guys or PUGs lead the way and veterans join formation to support them.

That is how we roll here and that's how we intend to do things for as long as we are together and operating under a variety of identities:

While we called ourselves Redneck Academy once to practise unconventional tactics, we have established ourselves in the STO fleet community in our own way and will continue to develop cutting edge video and textual documentation of said unconventional tactics in order to bolster fledging player-development efforts within the community.

I do notice that the pro-newbie stance tends to attract either the wrong attention from said community or totally ignored no matter how sound the strategy is but I will say this - the more resistance the idea has the better. It means RnA is one of the few fleets in the game now capable of reaching out to the general public to offset the lack of in-game documentation on advanced combat tactics.

We are a fleet for newbies, by newbies and just because the community at large doesn't acknowledge our efforts doesn't mean we can't practise what we do effectively. Infact, the less recognition the better. That means we can develop our player support capability in any way we want without public interference.

That distinction and out of the box approach, is exactly why we roleplay ourselves as a Colonial Navy and Marine Corps. Far from Starfleet's intervention range, we take care of our holdings and our own people with pride.

PS:

And oh, we do KDF development as well, with a separate fleet under new ownership

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1&postcount=27

Lastly, as developed using Starfleet roleplay in May 2012, a TNG-doctrine Odyssey build
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...91&postcount=6
STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel

Last edited by carmenara; 08-09-2012 at 10:19 PM.
Captain
# 134
08-11-2012, 05:51 PM
Today's fleet blog (of sorts) is ironically the basis of our non-discriminatory policies.

I have never supported, and indeed actively challenge, that internet culture of picking on the new guys for this reason:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...=1#post5244081

Science Fiction exists to make the world a better place, and to give hope to those in forlorn straits IRL due to limitations in present-day society. We look to the future and to our fellow man to give us that hope, in the context of Sci-Fi readership.

My Youtube Channel
Captain
# 135
08-12-2012, 11:05 PM
While there is much angst against late/endgame ground combat, most of the fault lies with players' perception and not the game itself being too challenging.

Here are some tips by which you may achieve victory against the Borg in ground STFs without much hassle: Stock up on debuffs, expose/exploit weapon combos, and use [pla] resistance gear.

If you have access to Fleet armour and weapons, it gets even easier.

http://tinyurl.com/93pee35

----

Here is our conclusion for the topic of small fleets and starbases and how to manage starbase construction projects with a small guild.

It's just as fun being small and you don't lose out in anything being small either, that's what I feel about the whole thing.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...81#post5259681

My Youtube Channel

Last edited by carmenara; 08-13-2012 at 04:44 AM.
Captain
# 136
08-14-2012, 02:59 AM
End-August 2012 Fleet Event

To commemorate our many TNG related discussions one of the boys decided to purchase the Nebula retrofit later this month.

That's when I thought, since we have an absolutely massive dilithium production rate (thanks to Fleet starbase construction), why don't we ALL buy Nebulas?

The actual acquisition of the ships will depend on when everyone finishes allocating Dil reserves and converting them to Zen but it should be before end of this month.

This event will feature massive PvE fleet battles and Elite STF runs using Nebulas only, along with non-competitive PvP for starship pilot training.

Ps. Due to the Nebula T5 costing 2000 Zen, I am sort of thinking that certain KDF T5s might be more worth the money, namely the Kar'Fi battle carrier which has a unique bridge officer slot.

The Nebula has great support for PvP capable builds and is a versatile platform but... 6 weapon slots...

My Youtube Channel
Lt. Commander
# 137
08-14-2012, 06:18 PM
The Nebula may only have 6 weapon slots, but those six weapon slots will have more power available to them, and the drain due to concurrent fire (as in a broadside salvo) won't be as noticeable as say, an Oddysey or any other 4F/4A setup... well that's how my somewhat skewed math is telling me

I will hit 2k CP by end of month, i hope... if not I can always just wait until tier III.
WELL IF THE JAPORI INCIDENT HAS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S THAT MY EXISTENCE IS AN EXPLOIT. THANKS CRYPTIC.
Captain
# 138
08-14-2012, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoframon View Post
The Nebula may only have 6 weapon slots, but those six weapon slots will have more power available to them, and the drain due to concurrent fire (as in a broadside salvo) won't be as noticeable as say, an Oddysey or any other 4F/4A setup... well that's how my somewhat skewed math is telling me

I will hit 2k CP by end of month, i hope... if not I can always just wait until tier III.
"More power" would definitely be applicable if the ship would have +5 bonus to all subsystems like typical cruisers, but it's configured as a science vessel with +15 to auxiliary only.

This means to run 125++ weapons power for optimal damage from all 6 weapons firing at once, you need EPTW, + weapon energy consoles and engine. If you want to run torpedoes on it, you'll become like my RSV with 2 torps, 2 copies of HY / TS and 4 beam weapons left.

My loadout would probably be 3 disruptor cannons and 3 turrets, Aux2Batt, spam CRF1 and use the Universal ensign for an engineer for greater survivability and EPTW.

Which brings me to the point that for my chosen purpose, an MUAC is the superior choice because with EPTW/aux2batt chaining it can indeed support 4 cannons and 4 beam arrays going off at once.

Also consider that to use science powers at maximum potential you'll need maximum power to auxiliary. Erm, not much point using the Nebula as a gunship then.

Now if the MUAC had the turnrate of an Excelsior, it would be perfect (looks like I have to seriously consider the Excelsior for a naturally turnable cruiser, plus it has the LTC Tac slot).

My Youtube Channel
Captain
# 139
08-15-2012, 02:23 AM
It seems that the Regent class Assault Cruiser stats have dissuaded us all from buying the Nebula! After all, LTC tac pwns anyday :p

In the meantime here is some Klingon propaganda regarding my favourite KDF ship, the angry bird of prey.

My Youtube Channel
Captain
# 140
08-15-2012, 04:16 AM
RnA will be hosting the Regent Class community shakedown cruise tomorrow. Check out event details and the ship's public channel here:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?p=5289171

My Youtube Channel