Go Back   Star Trek Online > Fleet Administrative Station > Earth Spacedock
Login

Captain
# 141
08-16-2012, 08:53 AM
With Fed and KDF starbase construction projects under autonomous control, it's time for us to develop and achieve new levels of gameplay competencies and community awareness.

While small, this fleet of no more than 15 active members had progressed starbase construction no slower than the 100+ man fleets out there, and that should be all that needs to be said regarding management effectiveness in empowering a random group of frontier pilots into an economic power to be reckoned with.

The path is open for us to develop into either a specialized TNG roleplaying group or a Ferengi commerce academy, either of which are relevant to RnA's current in-game activities and can be likewise supported by in-house talent and commitments.

In any event, I will be mentioning this guild as an "RP" guild to prove that RP guilds too can be capable of successful Elite STF and PvP participation. The tools and knowledge required to excel in STO are after all, open for all to evaluate and experiment with at will.
STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
Captain
# 142
08-16-2012, 12:12 PM
Community Regent Class Ship Development event successful.

Short AAR posted here:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...91#post5313591

Video report, 'Janes Fighting Ships' style documentation to follow.
STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
Ensign
# 143
08-16-2012, 05:37 PM
Was just wondering if you had room for another wandering soul.I've been thinking about joing a fleet and like what I've read in this thread and other threads in the forums. If I could join your fleet i woud be much obliged.My main toon is Swan@swanyjd. Thanks for your time.
Captain
# 144
08-16-2012, 06:48 PM
Hello Swan, thank you for your message. I'll contact you in-game soon (or as soon as I get a break from work)

And on a little bit of community-related posting, here's my take on understanding and managing the topic of "elitism" in gaming communities.

My Youtube Channel

Last edited by carmenara; 08-16-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Ensign
Howdy!

I was thinking of my many good friends and fellow officers in the Klingon counterpart to our Redneck Fleet. All of the conversations, the stories, the overwhelming sense of honor that my compatriots adhere to. After a particularly interesting discussion with a former adversary of mine, now honorary family member, Captain K'ol Loch, I was moved to compose the following poem to honor him and our shared family. Enjoy.

Through the dark abyss where heaven's ashes dwell, we journeyed,
using the fires of past glory to guide us.

Hands slick with the blood of our enemies, we followed our destiny.

With the hot breath of warriors, we sang our storied songs.
Our tankards flowing with bloodwine, we remembered our honored dead.

Every movement of our bat'leths, every unsheathing of our d'k tahgs, every mek'leth thrust forging our spirits into fearsome shades worthy of unforgettable Kahless.

And at destiny's core, where the winds blew harsh as a targ's stench and the suns baked hard the thirsty ground,
We stood with teeth bared against Fek'Ihr's own hordes.

The charge begun, our steel engorged itself within our foes.
Eye to eye with the enemy, we mercilessly broke their bodies.
Our warrior's blood renewed with every wound received.

And in the end. When all of Gre'thor was emptied of its demons, their sickly ichor seeping into the dust, we were victorious.

With our armor breached and dulled with the mingled gore of battle. Our blades chipped and broken. We who remained sang our last song.

Having proved ourselves worthy, we crossed the river of blood.

And entered the gates of eternal Sto-vo-kor.

Glory to the Empire!
Captain
# 146
08-18-2012, 04:58 AM
Klingon Opera?

I wonder who can translate that to Original Klingon to be sung in the Great Hall

---

This weekend's topic is "Staying ahead of the times". Guild development is never about remaining at a status quo, lest, like some other fleet's I've visited before starting this one, activity and organization was so poor that no one could run any events or partake in any new developments, lest they fall victim to nasty harassment and inquisitions from self-appointed leaders who have "paid real money" to be in said administration.

What a crap organization.

Thankfully we at RnA aren't vulnerable to thanks to our embracing future guild development initiatives as part of our primary unit objectives. By keeping ourselves open to ideas and maintaining a safe and stable organizational structure we can expand or explore any gameplay style or topic based on seasonal trends.

Some of our ideas are documented in some recent threads about guild security management and community development and you can read them in the attached hyperlinks.

With strategic and doctrinal prepardness we had successfully handled a guild security problem a few days ago, where a senior officer attempted to abuse power and attempt to institute rules that would jeopardize the safety of the guild by not allowing new pilots to contribute and be recognized fairly.

This is a PLAYER RUN guild from Day One and mutual respect between fellow pilots is what we practise day in, day out. No one needs to act like a hooligan in a guild if we all shared our views and opinions openly.

As far as I am concerned, the newer the player, the higher the VIP status.

That is all.

My Youtube Channel
Captain
# 147
08-19-2012, 04:44 AM
Fleet Development Update: August 2409

Dear Captains,

I'd like to extend a warm welcome to the many new pilots who have joined our ranks this last week. I hope you will find this Fleet to be a unique and enjoyable one as it is AFAIK the only fleet right now that can truthfully say there are -no- rules and regulations yet still capable of running regular team operations.

In this fleet, only pilots and their personal initiatives matter and everyone is equal both in rank and in seniority (regardless of RL age and experience). You'll find that this sort of arrangement gives maximum benefits to newcomers and younger players and this is intended.

For a bit of history-

Redneck Academy was founded as one of the first newbie friendly Elite STF training fleets out there, way back in April - May 2012 where I produced videos to demonstrate that PUGs are capable of winning battles on their own without "veterans" shouting orders at people.

In time we evolved to become a merchant's guild that ran our starbase construction with a total of 5 financiers at the same speed that a 100-man guild achieved Tier II. We're at T2 now and do not intend to make SB construction a primary fleet mission. Rather, the goal must be continued player development and progression.

"If everyone's equal then what is progression"?

Easy - while everyone has the same influence in the unit, you can advance to organize your own fleet activities and participate in out of game actions such as posting STO forum tutorials, write fanfiction to commemorate glorious battles, etc. Nothing's stopping you from making this fleet your own.

Progression in our case is purely judged by communications. If you're the sort of check in on the Legion channel and rally the troops to run coordinated Dil and Marks farming runs, you'll realize you'll be given command rank very shortly.

AWOL officers or those who don't run team ops will be demoted/pruned to make way for junior pilots to achieve Wing Commander rank.

That is all for now.

Best Regards
Carmen

My Youtube Channel
Captain
# 148
08-21-2012, 02:06 AM
Wednesday is a great day to die!

The Cereal Man (tm) is hosting a Klingon Rampage this Wednesday. Check out the event page here.

My Youtube Channel
Captain
# 149
08-22-2012, 03:07 AM
In today's Wall of Text (tm) I go into more detail regarding using DS9-era roleplay to manage starbase construction, and delegate as many tasks as possible to operations officers and FCA liquidators to create a "player-built' base.

A basic and functional command and control system keeps things running efficiently and team roles take care of everything else keeping everything drama free.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...91#post5391391

My Youtube Channel
Lieutenant
# 150
08-22-2012, 07:32 AM
Myself and a friend of mine are looking for an active and friendly fleet. We are currently in one of those 100+ member fleets where you logon and tell everyone Hi and get greeted with the sound of...well...nothing. We are both geared decently and just want a place we can have a real impact and get into the thick of things. If you think we could be a good addition please contact me in game. I will be on tonight around 6:30 PM CST.