Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11 Problem with bindings
05-14-2012, 04:51 AM
Oh darn I just figured out a major problem with the bindings. well not the bindings themselves but in the controller settings... after all this time I forgot I changed the settings in game for the left and right joysticks. But it's an easy fix go to options and controller.

Now under Controls in the list right now under Movement X it will show "X Axis" and under Camera X will be Z Axis. We need to switch these by clicking Movement X so the input box comes up then hold the left joystick on the controller to the left or right and clicking OK, then doing the same for Camera X and the right joystick.

Once done these will stay that way for good. On all characters.

This was my bad as I forgot I had switched them to make turning with the left stick on the ground possible.

Please excuse any inconvenience in ground movement because of this, this is so you don't have to rely on the right stick to change directions while in combat.

Again I'm very sorry.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-05-2012, 03:21 PM
Thanks so much for all the information. I've got a Razer 'Onza' that I bought primarily to use with Champions, and Champions works with it just fine out of the box. When I try to set it up in STO, it initially only lets me do one thing, swivel my ship around. When I try turning off Xbox and turning on Joystick, it ceases working entirely. Is that because the Onza is really a 360 controller? If so, am I missing something about how to set that up? Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 13 Please move thread
06-06-2012, 12:15 PM
This thread belongs in"Controls and User Interface".

We have been using X-Box360 Controllers since Beta http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=91705

Other controllers including the one described by the OP do not work properly thus limiting the funtions one can map to said controller.

I personally use the X-Box360 Controller for ground and space, never having to touch the key board excpt to type in chat. Never have to use the mouse except to claim loot or dismiss the pesky drop boxes.

Since the game was designed to use controllers of the paddle style, Read the above link's post to learn what we have accomplished over the years. Thanks PowerBlast for sharing your info, no reason to reinvent the wheel. Just ask us we will share the knowledge of those who have Vetranship in game.