Lt. Commander
# 1 Assault Cruiser Build
05-11-2012, 08:50 AM
I'm forever told by people that I'm playing with that Cruisers are practically redundant after Cryptic released a patch some time back. If this is true, then it is unfortunate for me as I chose to have an Engineering Career.

My Tier #5 ship is the Assault Cruiser (Noble w/ Majestic neck w/ Sovereign Hull to be specific). I'm currently running her with x4 Polarized Tetryon Beams (x2 Fore, x2 Aft), x2 Quantum Torpedo Launchers (one each, Fore & Aft), a Dual Polaron Beam along with some Transphasic Mines.

All weapons are Blue/Rare with the exception of the torpedoes which are standard, and the beam banks Purple/Very Rare. All weapons are Mk XI with the exception of the torpedo launchers and dual beam bank, which is Mk X.

My Boff skills are:
Tac #1 Fire At Will & High Yield Torpedo
Tac #2 Tactical Team
Eng #1 Emergency Power to Shields, Engineering Team, Extend Shields & Aceton Beam
Eng #2 Emergency Power to Engines, Reverse Shield Polarity & Directed Energy Modulation
Sci #1 Polarize Hull & Energy Syphon
Sci (alternate) # Jam Sensors & Tachyon Beam

Consoles:
Tac: Warhead Yield Chamber & Directed Energy Distribution Manifold (x2)
Sci: Inertial Dampeners & Shield Emitter Amplifiers
Eng: Dig Generator, Diburnium, Parametallic & Electroceramic Hull Platings

All consoles are Blue. All consoles are Mk XI.

My deflector, shields and impulse varies. Shields are a mixture of Mk XI Blue/Rare. Impulse and Deflector are inconsistent.

Based upon what I've provided, does anyone have any recommendation to help make an Assault Cruiser stand out more? Feel free to overhaul my entire layout if you so desire.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-11-2012, 09:42 AM
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-11-2012, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by officer525
My deflector, shields and impulse varies. Shields are a mixture of Mk XI Blue/Rare. Impulse and Deflector are inconsistent.
I would spend some time trying to get a borg or maco set. The borg set is pretty easy to get.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-11-2012, 11:45 PM
Cheers for the resources and tips guys. I'll look into them.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-11-2012, 11:57 PM
you will need one sci Boff with TSS and HE

also you chose your career to be a tank/supporter and not a DD. So you must layout your abilities in this fashion.
Go for 1 energy type only...don't mix them. and use all tactical consoles to boost this energy weapon type.
Then you can go for elite STF's and grind all borg set and if you are lucky a MACO shield.

And when you feel to be able to tank, get a torp spread 2 insted of high yield.

also change the EPtE into a second EPtS