Lt. Commander
I'm sorry if someone is already asked about.
Should I use Prefire Chamber for my turrets and my cannon or not? What's wrong with this tactical console?It doesn't work? It doesn't useful? I would like improve my cannon and my turrets. if thisTactical console Prefire Chamber can't do that. What should I use?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-11-2012, 09:38 AM
If you are using multiple types of energy weapons, you would want the prefire chamber.

However, this isn't recommended.

You should stick to one type of energy weapon and get the tactical consoles that match your energy type. To do a search on the exchange, type in your energy type in the search field, and filter your search by Consoles - Tactical on the bottom left.

Prefire Chamber, at mk XI rare, you get a +18% damage boost.

A specific energy type, at mk XI rare, you get +26%.

If you use three of these, you get +24% more damage. Four, and you get +32%.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-11-2012, 09:43 AM
I'm using only one type of energy. Antiproton. However, I read on stowiki The Prefire Chamber is a Tactical Console that adds a bonus to your starship cannon and turret energy damage. It affects all cannons and turrets regardless of damage type. So as a stu*id english as second language I though this tactical console could improve my cannon and my turrets.
It's my mistake
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-11-2012, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feistyfawn View Post
I'm using only one type of energy. Antiproton. However, I read on stowiki The Prefire Chamber is a Tactical Console that adds a bonus to your starship cannon and turret energy damage. It affects all cannons and turrets regardless of damage type. So as a stu*id english as second language I though this tactical console could improve my cannon and my turrets.
It's my mistake
Yes, and since you are using antiproton energy weapons, four rare Mk XI Antiproton Mag Regulators will probably be your best possible option for the price (11k dilithium per unit).
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-11-2012, 05:43 PM
The information on the STOwiki is outdated. The Prefire chamber effects all energy based weapons, not just cannons and turrets, but it is less efficient than consoles that focus on one particular weapon type, like Antiproton Mag regulators or Phaser relays. If you have one type then go with the specific console. The prefire will be a decent mid point until you can buy them, but don't rely on them unless you intend to use multiple types of energy weapons.