Lt. Commander
# 1 What is the plan for STO?
05-11-2012, 09:40 PM
We were told when Crytic had new ownership PvP and KDF faction completion would be high priorities for STO. Now it seems not only are F.E. going to be shelved, but probably PvP and KDF development as well.

So, what is the plan? Is really just gonna be Dev time on C-Store items and player made Foundry missions?

Honestly, how long do you think that will last?

Do you have any idea what this is doing to potential Neverwinter customers?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-11-2012, 09:45 PM
PWE/Cryptic's current plan is, they throw as many lockboxes at us as is humanly possible, suck every penny out of it's customers over the next 12 months and point all of their resources at either more C-Store/Dilithium Store stuff that further breaks the game and it's balance, and/or also funnel money into Neverwinter, add a few more years of the servers being switched on until there's not enough players/money coming in then switch them off altogether.

Five+ months in, and we're right on schedule...
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-11-2012, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquitaine985 View Post
PWE/Cryptic's current plan is, they throw as many lockboxes at us as is humanly possible, suck every penny out of it's customers over the next 12 months and point all of their resources at either more C-Store/Dilithium Store stuff that further breaks the game and it's balance, and/or also funnel money into Neverwinter, add a few more years of the servers being switched on until there's not enough players/money coming in then switch them off altogether.

Overly generous estimate of how long the game will survive with this model in place.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-12-2012, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Moloch View Post
Overly generous estimate of how long the game will survive with this model in place.
If current trends continue I would be very surprised if STO still existed this time next year.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-12-2012, 01:46 AM
I dont see how Dan S can say his team is bigger than its ever been when this game has ground to a halt. Yeah, nice team you got there. No new content, no pvp fix, no fixing broken crap missions like the crystal crap and no bug fixes. Season 6 has to be the biggest friggin update ever because they certainly arent doing crap right now. So basically Dan S lied because there's no way that his INERT game has more people working on it than ever. FIX THE BUGS.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-12-2012, 01:47 AM
I'd be surprised if it lasted after D3 comes out. Or GW2.

It's absurd how I run the same 15 minute map over hundreds of times and have nothing to show for it. Some 'endgame' content, what a joke.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-12-2012, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon760 View Post
I dont see how Dan S can say his team is bigger than its ever been when this game has ground to a halt. Yeah, nice team you got there. No new content, no pvp fix, no fixing broken crap missions like the crystal crap and no bug fixes. Season 6 has to be the biggest friggin update ever because they certainly arent doing crap right now. So basically Dan S lied because there's no way that his INERT game has more people working on it than ever. FIX THE BUGS.
*Sigh*

There has been plenty of new content in the past 5 months and we aren't even at the big Season update yet, if Season 6 is absolutely terrible with no redeeming value then you complain about content otherwise stop insulting the Dev's by ignoring all their hardwork.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-12-2012, 03:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquitaine985 View Post

Yeah, agree with this. Cryptic / PW will do what tehyx can to suck money out of the STO playerbase while investing as little as possible.
The unexpected downtimes during the last months show that they already have server issues. I don't expect the game to be around this time next year.

Cryptic is already activly driving away certain portions of its playerbase with their statements.
The bad management of the KDF has certainly ruined STO's and Cryptics reputation already.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-12-2012, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks View Post
Yeah, agree with this. Cryptic / PW will do what tehyx can to suck money out of the STO playerbase while investing as little as possible.
The unexpected downtimes during the last months show that they already have server issues. I don't expect the game to be around this time next year.

Cryptic is already activly driving away certain portions of its playerbase with their statements.
The bad management of the KDF has certainly ruined STO's and Cryptics reputation already.
I agree with this. It had many of the symptoms of a product in its death throes.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-12-2012, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks View Post

Hehe don't you remember when F2P went live and they had to take the servers down for 2 hours each day? The tiny downtimes we have right now are normal for any MMO.