Lt. Commander
# 1 Belfast Bridge questions
05-11-2012, 11:06 AM
There are only two questions but entail only one aspect of the Belfast Bridge interior, the crew.

1. Why didn't you (Cryptic) not have the crew in DS9 uniforms, just like how you did the TOS Bridge showing the crew in TOS uniforms

2. Is there going to be any strides into altering the crew to display the DS9 attire for the Belfast Bridge anytime soon, either before or during Season 6
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-11-2012, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwarlord
There are only two questions but entail only one aspect of the Belfast Bridge interior, the crew.

1. Why didn't you (Cryptic) not have the crew in DS9 uniforms, just like how you did the TOS Bridge showing the crew in TOS uniforms

2. Is there going to be any strides into altering the crew to display the DS9 attire for the Belfast Bridge anytime soon, either before or during Season 6
Both are tech limitations. They don't have the tech for a player to set the default uniform of the crew, and currently every Fed ship in the game has the same crew uniform. When they come up with the tech to differentiate crews to use custom player settings, it can happen. I wouldn't count on it being in Season 6, unless it's a feature that hasn't been announced yet.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidius View Post
Both are tech limitations. They don't have the tech for a player to set the default uniform of the crew, and currently every Fed ship in the game has the same crew uniform. When they come up with the tech to differentiate crews to use custom player settings, it can happen. I wouldn't count on it being in Season 6, unless it's a feature that hasn't been announced yet.
I don't think so. With the existing resources the TOS interior has the crew in TOS uniforms. As for the rest, I think you're dead on. I don't the Cryptic will ever do anything about it though. Interiors have always been neglected and Cryptic seems to be leaning away from single player customization and content in favor of quick, end game, multi-player grinds.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-11-2012, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Because some of us dont want them wearing DS9 Uniforms.

Quote:
They do that and you can bet I will complaining about it as loud as I can.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-11-2012, 03:09 PM
I really think the solution to this would be for them to work on tech that will let us choose what uniform we want our crew on each individual ship to wear. We could setup what we want each department to be dressed in and when we went inside our ship thats what they would be roaming the corridors in. To me that would be the best possible option.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-11-2012, 11:24 PM
@Obsidius, Tech limitations? As the TOS bridge shows they can to do it.

@bringram, Your last sentence is also what I notice and seems to be what is going on, sadly

@f2pdrakron, Lol. Then the best solution would be what Floridaguy74656 posted. But then it points back to bringram post's last sentence. *sigh*

@Floridaguy74656, That would be best. But from Cryptic/PWE point-of-view its not the easiest, cheapest, fastest way to go about it. I'm more or a realist so "IF" they were to address this its more likely that they would just change them to DS9 uniforms and that's the end of that, rather then take the time to implement crew customization.

So I do hope they address this in some patch down the road. I mean come on they made seats in Bajor sittable as part of a major patch, lmao!
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-12-2012, 12:15 AM
Quote:
@Obsidius, Tech limitations? As the TOS bridge shows they can to do it.

@bringram, Your last sentence is also what I notice and seems to be what is going on, sadly

@f2pdrakron, Lol. Then the best solution would be what Floridaguy74656 posted. But then it points back to bringram post's last sentence. *sigh*

@Floridaguy74656, That would be best. But from Cryptic/PWE point-of-view its not the easiest, cheapest, fastest way to go about it. I'm more or a realist so "IF" they were to address this its more likely that they would just change them to DS9 uniforms and that's the end of that, rather then take the time to implement crew customization.

So I do hope they address this in some patch down the road. I mean come on they made seats in Bajor sittable as part of a major patch, lmao!
The tech limitation is that they couldn't offer a choice between 2409 and DS9 uniforms without making two bridges.

And if I had to guess, NPC uniform customization almost has to be on the slate for Fleet Starbases (I imagine those will be NPC heavy) and I'm guessing ship interiors will inherit tech from Fleet Starbases, which is why they didn't bother to do two versions on the Belfast interior. It may not be right at S6 launch but my wild hunch is it will be in by the start of S7.

Because Fleet Starbases will need NPCs.

The one limitation I'll predict is that ship NPCs will be wearing fleet uniforms so you'll want to be in a fleet that uses DS9 uniforms.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-12-2012, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
The tech limitation is that they couldn't offer a choice between 2409 and DS9 uniforms without making two bridges.
They didn't offer a choice between 2409 and TOS uniforms for the crew with the TOS Bridge either. The TOS Bundle and DS9 Bundle are clearly themed bridges. So the choice IS either do you want the theme or not. Wondering why they didn't finish the DS9 Bundle the same way.
Both grant:
Non-combat space pet
Shuttle
Ground weapon(s)
Uniforms
Bridge from the show
AND following that trend should be that both alter crew uniforms too.

So once again it can't be tech limitations. Maybe in place of uniform alteration that's why they added a doff box to compensate... bad choice since it doesn't do anything for the unfinished visual theme, lol.

As for the rest of your post I agree, except for the last sentence. That bit is an interesting food for thought
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-12-2012, 03:29 PM
and while they are at it they can add the other 2 decks, including the shuttle bay and the rooms containing the pulse cannons...drives me round the bend when devs do a half-arzed job

people are gonna poop bricks when the Galaxy interiors dont have 10 forward or shuttlebays as they are not on the same deck as engineering or sickbay
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-12-2012, 04:40 PM
Like with most things Cryptic does, it's unfinished. The Belfast interior absolutely should have come with a DS9-costumed crew. It will never get them. Much like we'll never get shuttle bays. Or real content.