Lt. Commander
# 21
05-11-2012, 07:05 PM
I did PvP when the game was released a couple of times and never touched it again. It is meaningless, boring, not rewarding and no fun.

Just want to rephrase one point then. Gozer said "There will be no Fed vs. KDF PvP any more" ... sincethe whole idea of the KDF faction was as a pvp / monsterplay aspect, this statement means at least for me, that KDF is seen at a dead end...this can be dis.cussed at another place.

Just want to add that I would not shed a tear if you scrapped pvp and actually devoted the ressources to essential places. Just my 2 cents.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-11-2012, 07:05 PM
Interesting. I'm glad you guys are looking at drastic measures.

Honestly, I agree...either PvP needs to change in a big way, a way that makes it more accessible, and more fun for pugs, or I'd rather just see it killed. If it was killed, you could do all sorts of crazy-cool PvE stuff that you can't do because right now you have to at least pay lip service to the idea of PvP. I'd rather see STO with that freedom than have fun ideas be shelved because you don't want to make a couple hundred extremely vocal people angry(er).

The thing that might set people off their rockers is whatever you come up with to make PvP more accessible and enjoyable for low-skilled players. But oh well, you have to do what you have to do. I'd rather see dumbed down PvP that more people can enjoy than just fixing up the current system so a couple hundred people are happy with it.

Some things aren't going to be pleasant for the current PvP crowd. Example: Carrier spam. It isn't going away. Carrier pets are fun as hell. As a PvE player I want *more* pet spam, not less, and I'm not willing to sacrifice that for a more pure PvP experience, so folks are probably going to have to learn to deal with that, one way or another.

Actually, I'm pretty stoked about this now...fixing balance issues and PvP bugs isn't going to bring PvP back to life, even if it was perfect. It's too unforgiving for new folks. I hope you (and maybe some of us) can come up with some grand ideas to create a vibrant PvP experience.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FS_C1n1n
I did PvP when the game was released a couple of times and never touched it again. It is meaningless, boring, not rewarding and no fun.

Just want to rephrase one point then. Gozer said "There will be no Fed vs. KDF PvP any more" ... sincethe whole idea of the KDF faction was as a pvp / monsterplay aspect, this statement means at least for me, that KDF is seen at a dead end...this can be dis.cussed at another place.

Just want to add that I would not shed a tear if you scrapped pvp and actually devoted the ressources to essential places. Just my 2 cents.
BE GONE THEE DEMON SPAWN of SATAN!!!!!! (Said as a joke for those who cant tell)
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-11-2012, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfader1988
If PVP is dropped out of the game, I will end my sub and quit the game.

But, if changes do happen and its probably going to be better then what we have now, im all up for it.
As long as we can still make private challlenges for fleet vs fleet 5v5 matches. (Which are basically already faction mixed)
You know, at the end of the day what we have now essentially *is* nothing but private matches. That's all the organizedPvP channel is....a few fleets and some random solo folks grouping up to fight each other and occasionally rofl-stomp some noobs.
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-11-2012, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FS_C1n1n
PvP hasnt had any resources since launch.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-11-2012, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellestad View Post
Carrier spam. It isn't going away. Carrier pets are fun as hell. As a PvE player I want *more* pet spam, not less.
This statement almost made me uninstall/
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-11-2012, 07:11 PM
I'm glad something is being done. I can't wait to refocus my playtime away from the grind of STFs and back to the thrill of PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-11-2012, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigduckie
This statement almost made me uninstall/
It's the truth though.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-11-2012, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellestad View Post
You know, at the end of the day what we have now essentially *is* nothing but private matches. That's all the organizedPvP channel is....a few fleets and some random solo folks grouping up to fight each other and occasionally rofl-stomp some noobs.
Not at all. Sure, yeah, OPvP gets organized matches up (that's the whole point :p) but far more often than that, I see people discussing builds and helping new guys out with the ins and outs of PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-11-2012, 07:15 PM
You want more carrier spam. We had more carrier spam. It wasnt liked. Computers crashed, Frame rates dropped, It was epic for the carrier pilots i suppose. If so i want my cannons and apa back to launch values
Closed Thread