Lt. Commander
# 331
05-15-2012, 05:51 PM
Save PVP?

Simple.

Take the WAIT TIME back off the Makza mission so people can pvp for dilithium. then everyone hangs out in PVP and shoots at people rather than just trying to steal the rewards.

.....you guys might wanna drop the Dilithium exchange price back to around 190 to encourage this. you'll lose money. but you'll save PVP. Because let's face it... the price went from around 200 to 300 when you nerfed a great way to acquire dilithium and gave us that mine stuff? No. That isn't player controlled.. or it would have dropped.. .because no one has dilithium anymore. Thus creating an abundance of people selling cryptic points.

Lets face it. You guys nerfed that ONE single mission, and PVP died.
Lt. Commander
# 332
05-15-2012, 06:40 PM
what is makza? i missed a couple months since february, might have missed that one.
Lt. Commander
# 333
05-15-2012, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshi View Post
Grinding PvP's for lack luster rewards will only fit to kill what's left of it. It's not popular because the devs are more interested in "Ooo! Shiny!" that breaks EVERYTHING than balancing the game.
So true... and the people that grind these shinies, only to have a better one appear a few months later are fools.

Adding shinies for pvp would be an absolutely half-a**ed short-term bandaid that may last a week at most.

Let fleets claim unique areas of space with access to completely unique items they can then farm as a fleet (or in a group), however, and you then have a PERMANENT SOLUTION. A solution with endless replayability for both PvP and PvE, and new reasons to do both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshi View Post
And no, Gozer, I will not play the STF's because of the sheer absurdity of how many EDC's it takes to get the suppsoedly good gear (which is far less worthwhile than the legacy Borg gear, btw). 15 monotonous runs per toon is all I need. No more than that!
Once is enough for most STO content. Static scripted content is stupid and keeping up with demand for new content under a system like this is completely impossible. This should be perfectly obvious to everyone here by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahhmi
Save PVP?

Simple.

Take the WAIT TIME back off the Makza mission so people can pvp for dilithium. then everyone hangs out in PVP and shoots at people rather than just trying to steal the rewards.

Lets face it. You guys nerfed that ONE single mission, and PVP died.

Yeah the war zones were the best PvP in the game (even with all the bugs and afkers).

Nerfing of them was moronic (I am trying to be nice here).. It was like fixing the injured patient's cut finger by shooting them in the head with a bazooka. Seriously, who comes up with these dumb ideas???

That said, War Zones were never the final solution, but they were fun when they were active.

Quote:
Originally Posted by realuniqueone
The answer to all of this is in the link in my sig (first link)...

At the same time as fixing PvP, it also:
* Greatly improves PvE for both (and any new) factions, and makes adding new content simple.
* Adds a complete exploration system.
* Gives science captains a new niche.
* Gives fleets lots of new things to do together.
* Improves the foundry.
* Reduces development time of ALL NEW CONTENT.
* Gives PvP a REASON!
* Is mostly based on extending what is already in the game, reusing already created (as well as upcoming season 6) systems.

... and best of it, it only has to be implemented once, as it is a dynamic system capable of infinate possibility and replayability ...

The answer is right here. Implement it and never look back. If you are going to do it, then do it right.
The complete solution.

Somewhat similar to (but better than) what has been PROVEN successful in another well known MMO game. The formula works, why are we still discussing???
Lt. Commander
# 334
05-16-2012, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
but EVE is basically a PvP game. STO focuses on, and makes a living from, casual players.

for gods sake, STO players take offence to someone swinging a whip in a social area.... imagine if they would fly into the wrong part of the game and get blown up! instant /endsubscription

If I ever saw a player complain like that I would tell him to grow a pair and stop being a weenie and that he is embarrassing the star trek community.

Many like me play both eve online and this game especially after it went free to play. If you want to be a care bear and not pvp that is your choice, half or more people that play eve do not pvp ether, they mine, mission, pve, craft and trade only in high sec space where pvping is not even allowed. Through there actions they make money off of the supplies they make and trade to the pvpers living in unsafe space. The same style should be in this game, if you want to live the pvp life then you join a expeditionary fleet or go solo and go live in unsafe unexplored space and become a expeditionary force for the feds or the klingons and have to hold it against the opposing side trying to take it from you and the resources that are there like planets and asteroids with dilithium on them.This would also be the perfect place to let players build there player owned stations so they can persistently live there. Because this is star trek and I think canon is important I would say there could be 3 factions to the endgame, FEDS, Klingons, and Rebels like the Maquis they can be from both and don't want to associate with ether. Like klingons that go rogue and Feds that go rogue, they only fight for them selves and see new unexplored space as there own way to create there own empire or federation.

Then the non pvpers using the skill tree specialize in mining, manufacturing , missioning, pve and market trading which supplies the exploration teams living in dangerous unexplored constantly contested space. Players should be able to build and sell ships on the market so the support players living in fed controlled space can manufacture and sell ships to the pvp players as they lose them in battles. I'm not a fan of instant respawn there should be an insurance system and cloning system being it is 25th century if you are going to stray from canon at all this is it. Loosing your ship should be a big deal ! Your crew are dead and your ship was destroyed. This is where insurance systems make sense you can insure your ship with the feds using dilithium and you can insure your self and crew with clones at a space station or planet. I know the fed makes all the ships and players should not be able to craft any ship they want I think there could be like a job system that you take with your government so you can create ships and distribute them to players using dilithium. A player driven economy with full ship trading is very important in the guided sand box type game this could become. Star Trek really is the perfect model for the space opera MMO.

I really like the 3 faction Idea because you can have a system where there are special benefits to staying with your government factions cause by exploring and supplying dilithium to them it could make it easier to live in unexplored space. But if you want to go totally rogue and try to do it all your self you could do that to only it would be much harder. Even just a 2 faction system but with the same mechanics of hooking the pvpers and non pvpers together through the economy and using unexplored contested space as the end game for max out players would be fine to.
Lt. Commander
# 335
05-16-2012, 12:05 AM
I haven't had a chance to go though the entire thread so I don't know if anything I will say has already been mentioned.

But first off:
I love PvP and I don't want to see it taken away. There is nothing more fun than battling against other human players. For me, this is mainly because humans can easily adapt and change tactics, making it much more challenging and exciting rather than going up against bots. There's that "human" element that will never be successfully reproduced through so-called "AI" players.

The thing that turns me off from playing PvP, at the moment, are the wait times. The current queue system is the most absurd system I've seen. Nothing is more frustrating than joining a queue and waiting 15,10, 25 minutes (or never) for the queue to fill up. So what ends up happening is people give up and leave. Why have a specified minimum number of players for PvP? Can't you just do away with them? Or at least just have them for PvE missions where required.

I think a more intuitive PvP lobby system should be implemented that players can join. There they can chat and organize, create and join PvP games. Allow players of certain level to be matched with others of the same level. Better monetary incentives should be be employed at the end of each game, such as dilithium, as well as better pickups.

DO NOT GET RID OF KDF v FED! But balancing is definitely an issue. The most recent game I played had us all being annihilated within seconds by KDF players and their ridiculously overpowered weapons. I understand the joy some "A.D.D." KDF players derive from this, but seriously getting rid of it altogether is not the solution.

At the end of the day, I haven't had a great deal of experience with the current PvP implementation since it can be so hard to join a decent game.
Lt. Commander
# 336
05-16-2012, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macphatt
I haven't had a chance to go though the entire thread so I don't know if anything I will say has already been mentioned.

But first off:
I love PvP and I don't want to see it taken away. There is nothing more fun than battling against other human players. For me, this is mainly because humans can easily adapt and change tactics, making it much more challenging and exciting rather than going up against bots. There's that "human" element that will never be successfully reproduced through so-called "AI" players.

The thing that turns me off from playing PvP, at the moment, are the wait times. The current queue system is the most absurd system I've seen. Nothing is more frustrating than joining a queue and waiting 15,10, 25 minutes (or never) for the queue to fill up. So what ends up happening is people give up and leave. Why have a specified minimum number of players for PvP? Can't you just do away with them? Or at least just have them for PvE missions where required.

I think a more intuitive PvP lobby system should be implemented that players can join. There they can chat and organize, create and join PvP games. Better monetary incentives should be be employed at the end of each game, such as dilithium.

KDF v FED balancing is definitely an issue. The most recent game I played had us all being annihilated within seconds by KDF players and their ridiculously overpowered weapons.

At the end of the day, I haven't had a great deal of experience with the current PvP implementation since it can be so hard to join a decent game.
Or as I said they should stop all the instancing all together and just make everything open world with a npc police force controlling where it can happen and where it can not, one of the reasons the pvp queues are so empty is cause players have figured out they can just go in the karret system when ever they want and do all there faction pvp in there. Most pvp takes place in there now. Update your programming cryptic we don't want lame instancing any more! Open space, full open world please.
Lt. Commander
# 337
05-16-2012, 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechx
Or as I said they should stop all the instancing all together and just make everything open world with a npc police force controlling where it can happen and where it can not, one of the reasons the pvp queues are so empty is cause players have figured out they can just go in the karret system when ever they want and do all there faction pvp in there. Most pvp takes place in there now. Update your programming we don't want lame instancing any more! Open space, full open world please.
I agree. Get rid of instancing.

Also how about taking that ridiculous and useless "Captains Table" area that NO-ONE ever goes to and turn it into a PvP lobby. Everytime I go there, theres no-one there and it's facilities are useless.
Lt. Commander
# 338
05-16-2012, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
Hi folks welcome to a new feature - The PVP Weekly Update.

***edit by poster***

I see lots of threads about KDF players having access to gear that FED players do not. This isn’t going to be a problem in the new system since their will not be any FED vs KDF PVP. All PVP in the new system will be cross faction queues.

More information in next week’s edition..

Have a good weekend.

Goz
My only issue with this is, if the gear is broken or buggy, giving it to both sides will be technically fair, but will simply annoy both sides to the point they no longer wish to play. Witness how the Fed Carrier has been received by the PvP community.
Lt. Commander
# 339
05-16-2012, 11:03 AM
HA!

All the people who pvp and pwn everyone that oppose them , are destroying the pvp by all the pwning!

I love the irony!

once again, I still say have an advanced pvp queue so the like 4 pvp fleets can go annoy each other, and have a normal pvp for the regular joes.

"If I go into that room I will be .. "beat up"... I think I'll pass" - PVP 80% of the time.
Lt. Commander
# 340
05-16-2012, 02:21 PM
oh yes, its those who actually know how to play that are the problem, not the incompetent that did only pve till level cap then tried out pvp, once.

it just goes to show that a system that is very personal skill based AND mechanically complex is simply to complicated for the majority to TRY to learn, regardless of how many helpful threads there are
Closed Thread