Lt. Commander
it's own bridge pack it sucks getting new carrier and no special bridge pack for it

I like the the ship we should have gotten a bridge pack similar to belfast
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-14-2012, 09:13 AM
Should have checked that out before you bought it. Cryptic has definately moved to the 'buyer beware' portion of their scam artistry. That said, I'm sure that instead of everyone rushing to the cstore with 'OMG a furry den where we can stage our deviant yiff parties while we play dabo' and taking a little time to make sure it had what they expected out of an exorbitantly expensive ship before they leapt would have saved them a lot of disappointment.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-16-2012, 10:52 AM
cept that cryptic didnt put the catnip ship on tribble for testing.

forcing people to buy it BEFORE they knew exactly what they were getting.

would you buy a car without test driving it?
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-18-2012, 08:23 AM
I like the Cat Carrier. I'm glad they finaly have a fed carrier. It would have been nice if it got it's own interior but I'm sure tey will come out with one in the future as part of some 1800c Caitian bundle, with some doffs, a Stalker shuttle and a couple ground wepons that level with the player. Maybe some flea collars too.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-18-2012, 08:56 AM
Not really a new thing. I had to purchase a Prometheus bridge for my MVAE separately. But I digress, since I love the Prometheus class, and it is one fantastic looking bridge.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-19-2012, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean2448
it's own bridge pack it sucks getting new carrier and no special bridge pack for it

I like the the ship we should have gotten a bridge pack similar to belfast
The Belfast Bridge pack is a completely separate purchase from the Sao Paulo or Defiant-R. Neither of those ships come with it. Unless you're saying you'd pay extra for a bridge pack that's simultaneously released with new 2000 point ships, but I don't see that happening either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TovalMorgan
cept that cryptic didnt put the catnip ship on tribble for testing.

forcing people to buy it BEFORE they knew exactly what they were getting.

would you buy a car without test driving it?
Play KDF. Fly a Carrier. Now you know *exactly* what you're getting with the Caitian carrier. The changes are *extremely* minor comparatively. That's why it didn't need any Tribble testing, because it's almost an identical ship.

And, prior to the *flagships*, no 2000 point ship has come with its own bridge, not to mention the cost effectiveness of only having to make one bridge that works on 3 variant ships. Unless we see some kind of huge ship bundle in the future, I seriously doubt we'll see any ships directly in the C-store that have a unique bridge/interior with them.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-20-2012, 01:30 AM
To be fair.... none of the "species" ships that we can purchase has its own bridge.... the D'Kyr, Kar'Fi, and the Orion Marauder.... get stuck with faction bridges..... Personally I feel every ship you "purchase" with c-points should get at least one unique bridge....
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-20-2012, 03:17 AM
A lot of work goes into interiors.

From BC I remember that making a ship and making a bridge were two entirely different matters.

On ships, we basically just had to make the model, the hardpoints and the textures, which was actually fairly simple.
A few hours in 3D Max and another hour in a text editor, and you basically had a ship.

But a bridge was a whole different matter. Not only did it need the model, hardpoints and textures, but said textures also needed animations, light sources and scripts to function properly.

I guess it is no different with STO, but only on a much larger scale.

I can understand that people want something that feels complete, but it's actually twice the work.
I can definitively see special interiors becoming standard purchase with all ships, but in such a manner that you have to build them yourself with the foundry.

Buying the cat-carrier would then grant you access to a series to "building blocks" that look unique, and only people who have the kitty carrier can use.