Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
05-12-2012, 07:03 AM
Quote:
How long do you think players will tolerate no real meaningful end game content?
Well, we've tolerated it for over two years. So I'd say that your question is moot.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-12-2012, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakes-Fist-At-Sky
If people aren't spending money then why am I seeing so many Atrox carriers, D'Koras and Odys flying around. All of those cost real money.
there are always going to be unintelligent people that are willing to be screwed. Nothing's going to change that. But hopefully we are moving toward that critical threshold where the gullible and easily manipulated will be grossly outnumbered by people willing to voice their objections and keep this game alive and growing.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-12-2012, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Moloch View Post
there are always going to be unintelligent people that are willing to be screwed. Nothing's going to change that. But hopefully we are moving toward that critical threshold where the gullible and easily manipulated will be grossly outnumbered by people willing to voice their objections and keep this game alive and growing.
There are also always going to be people who tell others what things should be worth to them. Utility is in the eye of the beholder.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-12-2012, 10:02 AM
Endgame is the part where you open boxes. Milking the willing, Moo...
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-12-2012, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prays4u View Post
How long do you think players will tolerate no real meaningful end game content?
Until they get bored and find a more exciting alternative MMO. In which case they will leave STO for a long time and come back in a year, or so to explore all the new stuff.

Thats what I did before and what I will very soon be doing again.

Diablo III anyone?

Don't worry. Plenty of new players will be coming in to replace me and others like me.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-12-2012, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainQuirk View Post
Well, we've tolerated it for over two years. So I'd say that your question is moot.
Well, now that they've stooped to the new low of outright asking us how they can make us buy further into their lockbox and lobi scam, on top of their admitting that they can't be bothered to make new and meaningful content, people will wise up and move on, after getting sick of endlessly running the same few STFs because there's nothing else to do that isn't old and busted, or time-gated.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-12-2012, 01:27 PM
Don't forget exactly what's happening here: A non-performing software title was auctioned off at pennies on the dollar. The buying company, http://www.perfectworld.com/, monetizes titles in this fashion.

Quite a few others do it, too.

In all cases, the creators go away, and the maintenance team steps in.

You may see new things, but do not ever forget that now it's switched to the lockbox Pay to Win model. Product development and engineering resources, are all aligned to accomplish this goal. That's what the company does.

You are being strung along because it is in their interest to string you along. I really wouldn't hold my breath for any ground shaking new and exciting things to come out of this team, ever. The Genesis Device has left the building. You now have the caretakers. Janitors, if you will. Sorry. Take a look at that website and tell me you see new and exciting things in there. People don't want new and exciting things.

Take a look at your user-base bell curve. The people that use the forums? Trifling. The people that log in and just want to shoot stuff for free? Massive.

Can you think of any other title that went F2P and then went on to have great, interesting and exciting end-game content generated? I sure can't. APB:Reloaded? Fun! Bought by http://www.gamersfirst.com/. Take a look at that website and tell me the A rated titles you see there. Hit that Marketplace link at the top and tell me you haven't see this before. Joker Mystery Box came out for APB. Exact same thing as Ferrengi Lock Box, and 20 other f2p lockbox schemes for all their titles. It's what they do..

It's how they make the big bucks, and there will be all types of development for the lockbox things. You can rest assured that you'll see another box type, or new DOFF pack. Small stuff, for cash. And that's all it will ever be.

Want to see a top notch development team that makes tons of cash on a solid monthly subscriber base? http://www.eveonline.com/
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-12-2012, 02:50 PM
For me, end game has become earning C-points.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzeuss2
Don't forget exactly what's happening here: A non-performing software title was auctioned off at pennies on the dollar. The buying company, http://www.perfectworld.com/, monetizes titles in this fashion.

Quite a few others do it, too.

In all cases, the creators go away, and the maintenance team steps in.
Explains a lot then.

Buy the game for a tiny fraction of it's true worth, put it on life support, with minimal updates/money spent on it, while trying their hardest to milk money from the consumers before shutting it down.

And if it is shut down, it'll probably be explained that the "Market has changed" or some other rubbish, rather than admitting their own incompetence.
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Moloch View Post
I wouldn't jump on that horse just yet, there are supposed to be five new stf/notreally stf's coming down the pipe here shortly, June if I'm not mistaken. It's not much, but it's something.

As far as the Doffs go, yeah, blew my mind what a great job they did with that. Adds so much to the game it's extraordinary. As far as the Fleet Starbases go, according to the recent posts by DStahl, the new model after the june update is evidently going to be 'entertain yourselves, that's what the foundry is for' kind of philosophy as they're not going to be adding much content anymore, or at least for the foreseeable future.

But, with a little fleshing out and a little more functionality, I would probably stick around here and there just to do the doffs. I love that system.
They're not STF's in any sense...this time something is nothing and a big waste of time. If this **** keeps up I wont be playing this POS PWE/Cryptic calls Star Trek