Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
05-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
2 years and counting?
to be fair... they spent one of those years re doing all the existing content and making many of the changes that were beat to death every day in beta....lol... who was it that said sector space would never change and people should stop talking about it....
Lt. Commander
# 32
05-12-2012, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzeuss2

Can you think of any other title that went F2P and then went on to have great, interesting and exciting end-game content generated?
well.... IMO all games from the past 5 or so years have been developed from the get go to be FTP. Its the model that will be with us from now on. They just dont claim to be FTP so they can sell $50 DVDs. Once the lifetime sub and collectors edition money dries out they switch to FTP.

The questoin really is how the montize it. Most other games sell fluff not capital ships.

Another game I play is FTP now. They sell "mini updates" for like $10 bucks. A few themed missions. So there if they had done a Ferengi promo, for your $10 you could eventually all the stuff they try and sell you in the Lobi store and LBs just playing those missions over and over. Its actually worth the $10. But the most IMPORTANT part is that its actually content. No one feels ripped off.
Lt. Commander
# 33
05-12-2012, 07:08 PM
Cryptic just needs to understand that we aren't by nature thieves, we will spend money on things we deem awesome enough

that's just the mentality Cryptic needs to adopt.
Lt. Commander
# 34
05-12-2012, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Moloch

As far as the Doffs go, yeah, blew my mind what a great job they did with that. Adds so much to the game it's extraordinary. As far as the Fleet Starbases go, according to the recent posts by DStahl, the new model after the june update is evidently going to be 'entertain yourselves, that's what the foundry is for' kind of philosophy as they're not going to be adding much content anymore, or at least for the foreseeable future.

But, with a little fleshing out and a little more functionality, I would probably stick around here and there just to do the doffs. I love that system.
I have already reached end game with the Doff system.

They did do a great job with it, but unless they expand on its existing state massively with continuing future updates people will eventually get to where I am and find the dead end.

Once you have went all out with it with one Alt there is absolutely no reason to go all out with another Alt.

There is no way I will continue expanding the size of my Doff crew just for the sake of collecting more Doffs when I am able to get the job done with 125 to 150 of them. Extras I get I either sell, trade in, or send to another Alt.

Once you have your 5 duty officers assigned to your permanent crew for all your other alts that is all you need and you can get those without having to Doff each Alt.
Lt. Commander
# 35
05-13-2012, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
For me, end game has become earning C-points.
To what purpose?

Buying stuff from the store as it is now, with the focus on lock boxes and character unlocks?

Or hoarding CP in the hope of better value purchases in the future?
Lt. Commander
# 36
05-13-2012, 02:45 AM
About minus 12 months