Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Lobi Crystal drop rates
04-16-2012, 08:16 PM
I know people have pretty strong feelings about the lock box concept in general, and I have to say, I can understand where they're coming from. My concern is that I'm feeling disappointed with the rate that I open a box that has only 1 or 2 lobi crystals. If I find myself spending real currency on a key to open a box, I'd like to receive something more than one crystal. I mean, how many cheap copies of the rules of acquisition does a person need?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2 Bound
04-16-2012, 08:56 PM
This sucks. Half my Fleet have a handfull of them but can not get anything with them. Plz unbind them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3 perspective
04-19-2012, 06:10 PM
The problem is with your perspective. I know it may be what you want from the box (and it is probably engineered that way to drive sales) but the crystals are really a secondary or "extra" prize. Since its introduction is new there is a shortage of these crystals. Eventually they will accumulate and it wont be AS MUCH of an issue.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
04-19-2012, 06:52 PM
I want to get rid of mine, simple as that ... either let me buy then directly or let me sell then as I am not in a Vegas Casino.

Correction:

At least a Vegas Casino would let me trade it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5 Lobi Crystal
04-19-2012, 06:56 PM
They should not be bound let people sell them if they do not want them on the exchange.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
04-20-2012, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck_Wheat
The problem is with your perspective. I know it may be what you want from the box (and it is probably engineered that way to drive sales) but the crystals are really a secondary or "extra" prize. Since its introduction is new there is a shortage of these crystals. Eventually they will accumulate and it wont be AS MUCH of an issue.
No, the problem isn't perspective. The problem is that boxes drop too few and/or things are priced too highly in the Lobi Store.

Regardless of whether or not the Lobi is primary or secondary to what you want, even a simple skirt (1 part of a costume) ends up at approx $50 or more for one character, when a *full* costume (Top/bottom/boots/belt) goes for ~$5 *for all characters of a faction*.

If they had enough Lobi drop to buy a costume piece for approx 5 lock boxes, it wouldn't be *as* bad (although still *way* more expensive than any other costume), but at least people wouldn't feel *completely* ripped off.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
04-21-2012, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
No, the problem isn't perspective. The problem is that boxes drop too few and/or things are priced too highly in the Lobi Store.

Regardless of whether or not the Lobi is primary or secondary to what you want, even a simple skirt (1 part of a costume) ends up at approx $50 or more for one character, when a *full* costume (Top/bottom/boots/belt) goes for ~$5 *for all characters of a faction*.

If they had enough Lobi drop to buy a costume piece for approx 5 lock boxes, it wouldn't be *as* bad (although still *way* more expensive than any other costume), but at least people wouldn't feel *completely* ripped off.
Sucks even more if you want the weapons or console...one would have to spend upwards of $200 for a console? That is ridiculous...or better yet insane, I can buy every single Klingon console for less than that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
04-24-2012, 11:13 AM
To find out approximately how much each Lobi Crystal is worth in Cryptic Points, you can compare prices in the Lobi Store with the Cryptic Store. A pet companion in the C-Store runs you 240 CP. A pet companion in the Lobi Store runs you 50 Lobi Crystals. So here is the Math

240cp / 50 Lobi Crystal =4.8cp per lobi Crystal. There you have it folks. So every time you spend 100cp on a Lock Box and get a single Lobi Crystal, you just lost 95cp. Good times!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9 Drop Rate
04-24-2012, 04:59 PM
Just ask around it is random many people are not even geting 1 per lockbox where some are geting 4 or 5 per box.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
04-25-2012, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeves
Just ask around it is random many people are not even geting 1 per lockbox where some are geting 4 or 5 per box.
Even @ 4 or 5 per box, that is 24 CP worth. Then if you get a stuipid blue item with it. You have just been cheated out of 100cp.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:37 PM.