Lt. Commander
# 1 Accidentally left STF mission
05-12-2012, 04:57 AM
I accidentally left my most recent Infected Space elite STF without retrieving my mission rewards, my group completed the Optional as well as the Main objectives, the reason being is because i accidentally hit the "Leave Map" button when i wanted to collect my items, I would really like to know if i can be compensated for this as i very much deserved the reward from that mission...and further more....IT SHOULD NOT be possible to leave the mission map AT ALL until you've collected your reward, this is a massive fail on your part Cryptic considering you cant even go back to the mission area to retrieve items if you forgot them. I will not accept being told the blame is on me, its not my fault that there isn't some fail-safe for accidents like this, and a friend of mine, WHO DOESN'T EVEN PLAY this game, agrees that being able to accidentally forget your rewards and being unable to go back and retrieve them in the event that you do, is completely silly, but im not going to put it as nicely as he did, this is stupid Cryptic and needs to be fixed, my time in doing that mission was wasted because of this.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-12-2012, 05:07 AM
I've done it before, stuff happens sadly. It's not really Cryptic's fault, they do provide a pop-up telling you that the mission is complete and you should go pick up your loot.

Plenty of STF's out there, go do it again!
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-12-2012, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas45 View Post
I've done it before, stuff happens sadly. It's not really Cryptic's fault, they do provide a pop-up telling you that the mission is complete and you should go pick up your loot.

Plenty of STF's out there, go do it again!
Im going to be perfectly honest and I know your just trying to help but it doesnt matter how many STFs are out there, what if the items i failed to pick up were REALLY good ones and i now missed out on them? I cant get them back nor can i get back the time wasted trying to get them, and also I wouldnt care if all the Gods and Goddesses and other Divine beings said its not Cryptics fault, we should not be punished for something that is a complete accident, that Cryptic can easily reprogram the game to avoid, we should at least be allowed back into the map incase we do forget, Cryptic is at fault for not doing that in the first place, customer is always right you know and we are the people who play their game, designed by them, all the quirks and what not are put in BY them, we pay for their really good C-Point ships, we are the ones who have to put up with their overpowered elite STF borg whom seem to ignore stuff like Reactive Shielding on the Aegis set, so yeah, Cryptic is at fault for all the stuff that completely fails in this game, we are not because we didnt program it, this anger btw comes in part due to the fact that Elite stf borg were hard enough before and i hear they recently buffed em, bad move Cryptic....

But with all do respect Cryptic, I do love this game all the same, i just wish you werent making things harder then they need to be D:
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-12-2012, 06:13 AM
You got the feeling of accomplishment for kicking butt at an elite stf, you got dilithium, and work towards accolades.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-12-2012, 06:20 AM
Is this the same kind of problem like sueing a coffeeshop because you burned your mouth on the hot coffee that you ordered exactly as you got it?

And as long Cryptic didn't control your hand they are not responsible for what YOUR hand and your mind did or in the latter case didn't...

Even if this is just a game and/or you are paying, it does not mean you are allowed or entitled to simply shut your brain off when logging in...
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-12-2012, 07:42 AM
It has always made me wonder why everyother mission in the game gives reward afterwards(hail) or forces it into your inventory.

BUT stfs do ti a different way.....Just really odd they decided to go with something different from the norm.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-12-2012, 08:02 AM
To be perfectly honest I don't feel the least bit of sympathy for the OP.

I think I myself have done it a couple times over the course of many hundreds of STF completions.

Ya screwed up Hoss. Deal with it and get over it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-12-2012, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xceptionzero View Post
It has always made me wonder why everyother mission in the game gives reward afterwards(hail) or forces it into your inventory.

BUT stfs do ti a different way.....Just really odd they decided to go with something different from the norm.
The norm in most MMO's has always been to choose to put it in your inventory.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-12-2012, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ootarion
I will not accept being told the blame is on me, its not my fault that there isn't some fail-safe for accidents like this, and a friend of mine, WH
Did Cryptic click on the "leave map" button? No. You did. Clicking on the button was your fault and the consequences were your responsibility, whether or not you wish to accept it.

Now, you do bring up a valid point, which is, from a game design perspective, there should be a pop-up asking you if you wish to leave, or at least there should be if you have not recovered your loot. Instead of blaming the programmers for your mistake, why not post a polite bug report requesting the feature be added?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ootarion
I would really like to know if i can be compensated for this as i very much deserved the reward from that mission
It is just a game. Based on Cryptic's history with tickets, they are likely to do nothing. Instead of thinking about yourself and the handful of bytes you may have missed out on, why not make a suggestion in the bug forum so Cryptic becomes aware of the situation and may make changes, preventing future players from repeating your mistake?
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-12-2012, 12:32 PM
Fails the "What if everybody did?" test. Have to move on.

I was defeated and waiting for re-spawn in an STF. Donata was almost dead, Then my apartment lost all power for about 2 seconds. Had to reboot OS and log all the way back into game. No prize for me... No trouble ticket. No post on the forum...till now anyway.