Lt. Commander
# 11
05-12-2012, 12:45 PM
So... when the STF's were remastered, I had all the mission in my log, ready to go. Did all three with this fancy new queue system but couldn't hail Starfleet to cash in the rewards. The mission had updated and everything in my mission log... took me another three tries to actually read the flipping yellow text.

Had a chuckle and moved on, knowing to always pick my stuff up before leaving.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-12-2012, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xceptionzero View Post
It has always made me wonder why everyother mission in the game gives reward afterwards(hail) or forces it into your inventory.

BUT stfs do ti a different way.....Just really odd they decided to go with something different from the norm.
Thank you.

And further more everyone, game or not, the point i am trying to make here is regardless of WHO is at fault, the game was designed so that once you leave the mission area of the STF you cannot get back to that area, so if you accidentally forget something, then your screwed over, even though I accidentally hit the button, I was still denied the items i could have gotten cause i had no way to get back to them, no one is perfect, no one is always going to remember, everyone can be the victim of an honest accident, as the saying goes "If it can happen it will happen." and because of this, if someone forgets to pick up an item or the intended to and just hit the wrong button by accident, there should be redundancy in play so that if you do leave by sheer accident, you should be able to go back and retrieve what you forgot, you already beat the mission so you should be able to go back into the mission area and pick up your items, its not impossible to program that, all i am saying is, it should not be possible to leave the mission map at all until you picked up your reward items, and being able to leave without those items especially if you want them or need them is totally the fault of the way stfs are programmed, I WANTED those items, I was trying to hit the "Take Items" button but hit the "Leave Map" button by accident, sure im the one who moved the mouse and clicked, I clicked the leave map button, im not denying that, but being unable to go back into the area to retrieve the items if you accidentally leave when you were trying to get them or just forgot them, is the fault of Cryptics programming, so Cryptic, i have to ask, why is the game like this? Why cant we go back into the mission area incase we forgot something? Accidents are going to happen no matter how smart or good someone is, we shouldnt have to be victimized by these kinds of accidents.

Btw, to whomever was saying i was "Only thinking of myself" dont.....I am doing not just for myself but for everyone else who has had this happen to em.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-12-2012, 03:31 PM
"But officer , i know it wasnt my fault . I refuse to take responsibilty . I know i was speeding a little bit because ive been down this street a thousand times , but the civil engineers should have designed the street with 8 foot fences on both sides so kids cant run out . Sure , i reached for the radio and took my eyes off the road for a minute and i didnt see that kid , but its totally not my fault . I should be able to go back to the end of the street and start over. I know one thing for sure , im not taking responsibilty for something that is just due to poor street design. "

Im terriified for the future of civilization with the apparent trending attitude that nothing is anyones personal responsibility . You blew it , suck it up and learn to pay attention in the future . The fact that you are complaining about literally nothing more the 1's and 0's shows just how much of a self entitled person you are . Im sad for you .
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-12-2012, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ootarion
there should be redundancy in play so that if you do leave by sheer accident, you should be able to go back and retrieve what you forgot, you already beat the mission so you should be able to go back into the mission area and pick up your items, its not impossible to program that, all i am saying is, it should not be possible to leave the mission map at all until you picked up your reward items
Considering no other missions in the game work that way (when you leave a map, your loot is not there if you go back), that seems like an unreasonable request. Yeah, we have all left a map (or been forced to) before we could pick up some loot item, but it is really no big deal in the grand scheme of things. The fact that the loot at the end of the STF drops in the form of a bag is a bit different, so obviously it is a little more serious if you leave it behind, but still, not that serious.

I do not believe that any of your suggestions are helpful. Cryptic is not going to fundamentally redesign the game mechanisms because of a rare problem like this. What is probably the best, easiest action that Cryptic could take is that if you press "leave map" it pops up the same dialog as if you hit the sector space button.

Ultimately though, your problem is pretty minor in the grand scheme of the end game loot bag design flaws. Hopefully they will have time to eliminate it altogether, because there are a lot of scenarios (though rare) where someone might complete the mission and fail to get their loot bag. It might take a bit of time to work it out, but really it should be designed like the red alerts, where you get your reward through hailing, and can choose between dilithium or a level-appropriate loot bag.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-12-2012, 05:21 PM
Happens to the best of us, not much you can do. We all have a Stupid Star Trek Online story to tell.

(new thread idea? hmmmm....)
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ootarion
Im going to be perfectly honest and I know your just trying to help but it doesnt matter how many STFs are out there, what if the items i failed to pick up were REALLY good ones and i now missed out on them? I cant get them back nor can i get back the time wasted trying to get them, and also I wouldnt care if all the Gods and Goddesses and other Divine beings said its not Cryptics fault, we should not be punished for something that is a complete accident, that Cryptic can easily reprogram the game to avoid, we should at least be allowed back into the map incase we do forget, Cryptic is at fault for not doing that in the first place, customer is always right you know and we are the people who play their game, designed by them, all the quirks and what not are put in BY them, we pay for their really good C-Point ships, we are the ones who have to put up with their overpowered elite STF borg whom seem to ignore stuff like Reactive Shielding on the Aegis set, so yeah, Cryptic is at fault for all the stuff that completely fails in this game, we are not because we didnt program it, this anger btw comes in part due to the fact that Elite stf borg were hard enough before and i hear they recently buffed em, bad move Cryptic....

But with all do respect Cryptic, I do love this game all the same, i just wish you werent making things harder then they need to be D:
You can try but honestly they wouldn't even trade out a omega engine my nephew picked by mistake for the Maco engine and I havent seen him play since. I even tried to redo the ticket myself to see if I could get them to respond with more then the generic answer they gave him but no dice. They repeated the same that they couldn't help and good luck with future drops. Kinda crappy honestly that they can't take a minute to either trade out engines or simple remove the Omega and give back a simple token. After that I haven't bothered to even spend more cash on game. Figured I aint paying good money for crappy service like that. Had plenty of Gm's in other games that may not have helped but atleast put in a decent message not some prewritten crap. Wouldn't be that big of a deal but hard for him to get time to play and not getting the right XI item is pretty hard for some to swallow even more so when its a kid with limited time.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-12-2012, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakarak
Considering no other missions in the game work that way (when you leave a map, your loot is not there if you go back), that seems like an unreasonable request. Yeah, we have all left a map (or been forced to) before we could pick up some loot item, but it is really no big deal in the grand scheme of things. The fact that the loot at the end of the STF drops in the form of a bag is a bit different, so obviously it is a little more serious if you leave it behind, but still, not that serious.

I do not believe that any of your suggestions are helpful. Cryptic is not going to fundamentally redesign the game mechanisms because of a rare problem like this. What is probably the best, easiest action that Cryptic could take is that if you press "leave map" it pops up the same dialog as if you hit the sector space button.

Ultimately though, your problem is pretty minor in the grand scheme of the end game loot bag design flaws. Hopefully they will have time to eliminate it altogether, because there are a lot of scenarios (though rare) where someone might complete the mission and fail to get their loot bag. It might take a bit of time to work it out, but really it should be designed like the red alerts, where you get your reward through hailing, and can choose between dilithium or a level-appropriate loot bag.
I wish they go back to how it was before and is with every other type of mission ingame. When you port in you accept both the mission and the bonus. At the end you can port strait out and You go to journal complete mission and it randomly gives you the same chance at the same items it does now. Same with bonus you complete it and you get a mission complete where everyone gets atleast 1-2 bonus drops and you don't have to roll and hope you get the one good piece of loot. You simple complete it like any other mission and have a chance at the rare borg salvage. If you fail either its as simple as going in and hitting the option to restart mission.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-12-2012, 09:51 PM
Truly, and we have another 'I need a babysitter' thread...!

I dont know what it is about these posters... The amount of just plain stupid requests is staggering me...

This is not a meaningfull thread... its a I need a another babysitter thread...

Sorry, but that just doesnt work with me...

You adapt to the game; the game does not have to adapt to you! No matter how much you did or didnt spend...

You be the borg in this case...! And no remodulator needed so the 4 second delay isnt present...!

This is actually making me wanna say something demeaning... But I wont... And I bet you'll probably know what I was planning to say...

I apologize if this is harsh, but you dont give any room to not be harsh...

(I am awaiting a certain email once more after this post... I do not care...)
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-12-2012, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4tth3wk4n3
Truly, and we have another 'I need a babysitter' thread...!

I dont know what it is about these posters... The amount of just plain stupid requests is staggering me...

This is not a meaningfull thread... its a I need a another babysitter thread...

Sorry, but that just doesnt work with me...

You adapt to the game; the game does not have to adapt to you! No matter how much you did or didnt spend...

You be the borg in this case...! And no remodulator needed so the 4 second delay isnt present...!

This is actually making me wanna say something demeaning... But I wont... And I bet you'll probably know what I was planning to say...

I apologize if this is harsh, but you dont give any room to not be harsh...

(I am awaiting a certain email once more after this post... I do not care...)
Actually I think you effectively worded your post in such a way as to avoid the dreaded Moderator e-mail warning. You sound like you have had as many as I have had in the past.

Amazing how we learn to adapt our forum posting to just barely skirt by
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-12-2012, 10:38 PM
Ugh, I did that in Infected thursday. I feel for you. But, It was my own fault,I have my own self to blame.