Lt. Commander
# 21
05-12-2012, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakarak
.... Clicking on the button was your fault and the consequences were your responsibility, whether or not you wish to accept it.
Ya what he said!
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-13-2012, 06:10 AM
Im terriified for the future of civilization with the apparent trending attitude that nothing is anyones personal responsibility . You blew it , suck it up and learn to pay attention in the future . The fact that you are complaining about literally nothing more the 1's and 0's shows just how much of a self entitled person you are . Im sad for you .[/quote]

I am not exactly sure what your context for calling me "Self entitled" is, but i understand what happend was my fault even though it very much so was an accident that it didnt intend to have happen, but if you are calling me selfish then dont you freaken dare call me that. I am only trying to help improve the game and if trying to help improve it is a self entitled act then you sir have a messed up view, tell me, what is wrong about trying to help improve something? What is the problem with not likeing how something works? Can you honestly sit there and tell me that you would approve of any game design where if you by complete accident forgot something and are not able to do anything about retrieveing it? Wouldnt you find that unfair, after working hard to get to it? What if it was something you needed? So please dont sit there and call me a self entitled person when all im trying to do is help everyone out, sure my original post was a little strong and the entire time i had been responding to the messages here I had been very upset but im over it now, I apologize for being stupid in my posting, but my main intention in the long run was simply to help prevent this, I dont like it when something like this happens to me, and I certainly dont want it to happen to others.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-13-2012, 06:29 AM
Now, what kinda sucks is if you roll on the optional rewards, and then crash out. The loot got bamfs away [no roll ever happens, and the loot is never distributed].

Pretty minor thing though in the big scale.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-13-2012, 08:46 AM
I have to agree with the masses here, hey most of us have probally left a STF before collecting a reward, heck I have done it in the past, now was I annoyed. Did I go on the forums demanding cryptic to fix it? No I did not I realized what I did wrong and moved forward. I just made sure to grab the reward before I left in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-13-2012, 08:58 AM
I don't think Cryptic needs to put some kind of failsafe in the game to keep you from accidentally leaving an stf map without getting your loot. I missed on several stf loots lately, but I don't feel like the game needs to be redesigned to prevent these things. Here's what happened to me:

1) A few days ago a I ran ISE and after we won, I went to the starbase to pick up my loot and it wasn't there. So I looked around, couldn't find it, and then someone told me that now it spawns where you are when the last ship pops, so I found it, but it was too late and I was kicked off the map before I picked it up. My fault for not keeping up or asking for help sooner.

2) The last couple days I've been having disconnection issues, so I had two ISE runs where my first disconnect pretty much killed any chance at the optional, then when I rebooted and surprisingly was able to get back into the match, I dc'd again right before the tac cube blew up. Not my fault, in this case it's my ISP's fault (they're coming out Wednesday--I think squirrels might have been chewing on the line again).

These things happen. It's a waste of time and sometime I go into a fit of nerdrage over missing out on my crappy loot, and sometimes not, but I don't think it's fair to require that the devs spend their time trying to protect the playerbase from all the little accidents that can happen to make you miss out on your reward for spending 15-30 minutes playing an stf. Respectfully, I suggest you just accept the loss and move on with the game/your life when these things happen.