Lt. Commander
# 1 No more FvK queues?
05-12-2012, 10:43 AM
Thinking about what Gozer wrote... I must say that, apart from Ker'rat, the FvK queues are the only way to have the Klingon war actually happen for me in endgame. The more I think about removing them, the more I come to the conclusion that I don't like the idea at all.

Please don't do that.

Adding new stuff to make PvP more attractive is fine. But please, don't remove stuff. It is not as if there was actually limited space on the servers, right?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-12-2012, 11:00 AM
Doesn't really bother me. I actually like the idea of mixing up the teams.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-12-2012, 11:06 AM
if they really remove the (current very weak) feature of a fraction based pvp i am done with this game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Yes, that is a troublesome statement that PvP will be cross-faction, which I think does weaken the Klingon side as a faction.

At this rate, they might as well just merge the KDF with the Federation and end the war.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-12-2012, 11:17 AM
honestly, given what I've seen of the federation and kdf empires respectively, they are all but on civil war status anyway. Particularly the KDF.

It would make sense that the KDF would ally with the feds or rather specific houses would, in hopes of political gain as they slaughter their rival houses.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-12-2012, 11:23 AM
The Klingon Faction was half baked since day one...

Kill the FvK...

Create one Que... and write a 1-3 story Special Mini Series type of PvE missions to explain the Klink Fed Cease fire...

All good.... War on Hold...

Should Cryptic ever get the dev moneys to create a real third faction... and develop some open PvP.... another 2 or 3 mission Missions can explain the new third faction.. the end of the cease fire and the start of the games real PvP. Lets be honest though very high chance that NEVER happens... and should it every come to pass we are talking a year or two at least.

Until then I like the idea of Killing FvK.... it blows anyway... and FvF is full of all the spam now anyway... create one que and treat PvPs sickness with one shot not multiple ones.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-12-2012, 11:43 AM
i have no problems to team-up with klingons as a fed-player for pvp.
(to resolve a klingon civil war)

but why in hell should i fire on other starfleet ships ?

1. so the war ends and we do only crossfraction wargames for training ?

2. or do we have a civil war in the federation itself ?

Number 2 it just boring and without any thrill and number 2 is just so far away from star trek as possible
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-12-2012, 11:49 AM
I'm all for merging the queues honestly. I'm mostly into ground PvP, and getting into ground PvP as a Klingon is almost downright impossible. When I'm on my Federation character, I see one match pop every few days. I wanna use my Orion again. This is a step in the right direction.

Quote:
but why in hell should i fire on other starfleet ships ?
Wargames and practice. It regularly happens in nearly every sizable military institution on Earth in the modern era, and it's been shown to happen in Starfleet in TNG at least once, maybe twice.

It's going to be confusing at first, honestly, but anything to get more matches going and more PvP happening is welcome by me.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-12-2012, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
honestly, given what I've seen of the federation and kdf empires respectively, they are all but on civil war status anyway. Particularly the KDF.

It would make sense that the KDF would ally with the feds or rather specific houses would, in hopes of political gain as they slaughter their rival houses.
I think you mean cold war, not civil war.

Ultimately, I never liked the KDF/FED conflict. It seems a significant step back, a counter-move to Gene's vision. I love PvP. I would love even Territory Control - I think. But, if I can have "canned" PvP War Games with leaderboards and ranked matches and match-making still, and finally have the FED/KDF conflict resolved, I'd be happy.

As it is now, the game's story cannot meaningful advance because we are stuck with this Fed/KDF war. But with the Borg, Undine and Iconians at the door step, this war cannot go forever. It must be resolved, one way or the other, so that whatever remains can deal with the real threats.

And frankly, do you really believe that Cryptic can develop a Territory Control game inside STO? To create such a huge system after release, with the resources they have? I seriously doubt it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-12-2012, 12:26 PM
No I mean civil war. Section 31 vs greater starfleet.

Undine Infiltrators and those under their command vs the fleet.

There's 2 factions within the UFP alone right there that the Feddies would be hard on to kill off.

The Klinks, have the two above factors, as well as the normal inter house rivalries.

EDIT, also Mirrorverse.