Captain
# 11
06-28-2012, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadokitty View Post
I'm having the same problem. It makes it 2/3 of the way and then freezes.
Thanks for searching first but it might be helpful if you gave some details as to your current situation as well as follow the suggestions previously made.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-30-2012, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewendell View Post
Thanks for searching first but it might be helpful if you gave some details as to your current situation as well as follow the suggestions previously made.
Ok, exactly what happens is when I go to log in, I can login fine and it makes it to the splash screen with the Cyrptic logo on it with the loading bar. The loading bar makes it to about 2/3 of the way and then freezes and doesn't move anymore. I've tried everything that was suggested as well as various other workaround such as trying full screen on and off, proxy server, force verify disablemon demand patching, and uninstalling then reinstalling and still nothing. The odd thing is this has just recently started happening to me since I came back from a hiatus of not playing the game for a while. I used to be able to get in and play the game fine.
Ensign
# 13 ditto
09-24-2012, 03:52 PM
Also the same loading problem 2/3 then freeze
Ensign
# 14
12-07-2012, 09:45 AM
I'm having a similar problem.

I haven't played in a while, but just got a new desktop. Downloaded STO, installed. Was informed that my drivers were out of date, but that I could still play on low rez. Which I did for a little bit, then decided to go ahead and update my drivers. This went without a hitch, but suddenly my Cryptic load screen would get to 1/3 and then freeze up. (the screen, not the whole computer). Would have to ctrl-alt-del to get it to close.

That was last night. I called it a night and this morning I uninstalled and reinstalled. Loaded game, it worked alright, then I tried to play with the resolution settings. Now it gets to 4/5 done on the Cryptic screen and locks up again. Immensely frustrating.

UPDATE: I uninstalled and reinstalled again. Game now works, albeit somewhat laggy. This might be my internet's fault. I've noticed that both times this problem happened was in conjunction with changing something about the video, either drivers or settings.

Last edited by captain90s; 12-08-2012 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Update