Lt. Commander
# 1 Is Cryptic playing the exchange?
05-13-2012, 07:56 AM
I have a distinct feeling that Cryptic plays the exchange server side for some vague reason.

Some aspects that made me came to that conclusion is;

- When they failed the last patch with the Gold Box Bind on Pickup they adjusted the Exchange server side to mask the boxes. A dirty fix because they didnt want to shut down the servers again for an emergency patch.

- Somehow you would expect D'kora prices to drop a bit more but both the amount/quantity and the prices stay about the same. I believe Cryptic is playing the exchange at that point as well, just using dummy bots or accounts to buy the D'koras to keep the price up.

I'd say to Cryptic, dont touch the exchange and don't let yourself in with Foulplay.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-13-2012, 08:04 AM
Well... If people are willing to pay millions for the ships, and there being a low number with that supply of money, I think the people playing it are players, not cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-13-2012, 08:05 AM
Although we know Salami is known to play the exchange in futile attempts to curb the trading of items that were not intended to be traded, I think the suggestion that they play the exchange in general to artificially inflate prices is as ridiculous as the claims some people made that they were doing the same thing with the dilithium exchange.

They have far to many other important things to do, like DOffing.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-13-2012, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
Although we know Salami is known to play the exchange in futile attempts to curb the trading of items that were not intended to be traded, I think the suggestion that they play the exchange in general to artificially inflate prices is as ridiculous as the claims some people made that they were doing the same thing with the dilithium exchange.

They have far to many other important things to do, like DOffing.
Thats the first I heard about Salami fixing it, what does he do ?
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-13-2012, 08:06 AM
Yup, but they definately like to 'Mask' things Server side on their little Database servers.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-13-2012, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_Harnaman
Thats the first I heard about Salami fixing it, what does he do ?
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...&postcount=239

This cites one example of when Salami bought gold boxes from the exchange in an attempt to curb their distribution via this medium (they had not been intended to be tradeable over the exchange). Thats very different from an allegation of 'playing/fixing' the markets in general though - for the purposes of keeping prices high. In fact, the action was futile as the amount of player interaction was too much to lock down - this was before the fix.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-13-2012, 09:09 AM
Just as with galor prices the dkora will settle at a market price determined by the buyers.

To be honest I know people who are buying and relisting at higher prices. Once you have a few hundred mil you can play the exchange soooo easily.
Some of them even stockpile these ships and slowly drip feed them into the exchange to keep supply low.

the players are playing.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-13-2012, 09:14 AM
Considering how much undercutting goes on, would it do any good?

I personally wonder more about the 40 item limit. Just last night we had 4-5 pages of Master Keys all selling at the same price of 1.2m on the exchange. With 16 items on a page for me, that would be at least 50 or so items. I;m seeing more and more items listed for a single price for page after page.

Granted two or more users could be listing something for the same price. Or it could be alts of a single character doing the same. I know when I list something, it;s usually not for the same price as other listings.
Closed Thread