Lt. Commander
My Federation Player Is a Diplomatic Rank Attache And My Doff's Have Completed Numerous Diplomatic Missions And Still I Can't Enter Klingon Space!Anyone Know Why?
Career Officer
# 2
08-17-2012, 12:12 PM
Attache is too low ranking.
Assignment completion is irrelevant, you need Diplomatic Immunity as an assignment result.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-17-2012, 12:19 PM
I do Get DI Sometimes.I See It Near The Ship Status Icon.I Guess I Should Try Going There Then.
Captain
# 4
08-17-2012, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjeff View Post
Attache is too low ranking.
Assignment completion is irrelevant, you need Diplomatic Immunity as an assignment result.
Max out your diplomacy rating and you can get automatic and permanent diplomatic immunity to come and go into and out of Klingon space as much as you like and you won't need to get people to give you diplomatic immunity to do it, you can do this by getting diplomatic experience through DOff assignments, through any exploration missions that don't involve combat and through the First contact missions provided by Jiro Sugihara on ESD in Admiral Quinn's office (unless that's changed)
__________________________________________________ __
For those of you who have complimented me on my Avatar, I'm wondering what you're talking about. I don't have one.

SILENCE WILL FALL....................Why the hell did I just say that

Last edited by wildthyme467989; 08-17-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Career Officer
# 5
08-17-2012, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch57 View Post
I do Get DI Sometimes.I See It Near The Ship Status Icon.I Guess I Should Try Going There Then.
That's because someone gave it to you temporarily. Once you hit diplomatic rank 3, you will be able to give DI to other random Fed players in sector space. Ironically, you cannot give the buff to yourself, only to others. However, even without the buff icon, you will still be able to enter KDF space with diplo rank 3.
# 6
08-17-2012, 04:48 PM
Quote:
My Federation Player Is a Diplomatic Rank Attache And My Doff's Have Completed Numerous Diplomatic Missions And Still I Can't Enter Klingon Space!Anyone Know Why?
Because you are not black on the right side.
This thread needs more dancing girls.

Master using it and you can have this!

Be black on the right side. Add properly colored Cheron to the game today!
Captain
# 7
08-18-2012, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by latinumbar View Post
That's because someone gave it to you temporarily. Once you hit diplomatic rank 3, you will be able to give DI to other random Fed players in sector space. Ironically, you cannot give the buff to yourself, only to others. However, even without the buff icon, you will still be able to enter KDF space with diplo rank 3.
Sadly all you'll be able to do is look around and do the borg red alert.

Fed access to KDF space and KDF access to FED space is really only useful for accolade completion and shortcuts.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
08-18-2012, 10:20 AM
I made diplomatic rank 3 the other day. While its nice I can enter Omega Leonis, I think its ridiculous that I can't grant DI to myself. I was looking forward to the speed boost more than anything.
Career Officer
# 9
08-21-2012, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildthyme467989 View Post
Max out your diplomacy rating and you can get automatic and permanent diplomatic immunity to come and go into and out of Klingon space as much as you like and you won't need to get people to give you diplomatic immunity to do it, you can do this by getting diplomatic experience through DOff assignments, through any exploration missions that don't involve combat and through the First contact missions provided by Jiro Sugihara on ESD in Admiral Quinn's office (unless that's changed)
You need to be Rank 3 to get First Contact missions, so by that point you'd already have access. You can do Diplomatic Investigations before then, for only 100 diplomatic xp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundrelic View Post
Sadly all you'll be able to do is look around and do the borg red alert.

Fed access to KDF space and KDF access to FED space is really only useful for accolade completion and shortcuts.
Well, and DOffing, which was the primary reason I wanted it.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk