Lt. Commander
# 1 a glimmer of hope?
05-11-2012, 11:09 AM
I just stumbled upon this. Can't say if it's new or old news but sounds interesting !
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-11-2012, 12:52 PM
fairly old news.

im sure there will be a new series one day.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-11-2012, 02:41 PM
Someday... a waitin' for me....

Well, fans go the movies and TNG made, maybe if we yell loud enough................

However my theory, is that someone will make a fan series that everyone just LOVES and some bigwig makes it into a series. It could happen.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-11-2012, 04:21 PM
A link to a different take on the situation:

http://io9.com/5904078/jj-abrams-is-...star-trek-show
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-12-2012, 09:33 AM
Love the idea of "Federation"

And I think it's just a matter of time before something gets made.

There is just simply so much hunger for trek, that it's just a matter of time.

All we can do till then is buy those TNG blu ray box sets, go to see the new movie, and eventually they will see that we are here waiting.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-12-2012, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theapparatus View Post
A link to a different take on the situation:

http://io9.com/5904078/jj-abrams-is-...star-trek-show
See, I told people this guy was bad for future of the Star Trek franchise. Nobody listened.

If a new show does end up in production and it has anything to do with Abrams or his *******ization of the timeline, I think I may have to find a new sci-fi series.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-12-2012, 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radkip View Post
See, I told people this guy was bad for future of the Star Trek franchise. Nobody listened.

If a new show does end up in production and it has anything to do with Abrams or his *******ization of the timeline, I think I may have to find a new sci-fi series.
You don't like JJ? I knew I liked you for a reason.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-13-2012, 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjhunter
You don't like JJ? I knew I liked you for a reason.
JJ's entire approach to his 'alternate universe' is simply that of "Screw you, I'm making whatever I want. I have the money to finance MY project and I'll do it my way."

His smug expression in the magazine and newspaper interviews I've seen is all I need to classify him "unlikeable".

I'll "like" a 150 year old Klingon instead, thanks. The Klingon is far more reliable, doesn't give you stupid smug expressions, doesn't remake your entire house without knowing how it's currently laid out, etc etc.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-13-2012, 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
JJ's entire approach to his 'alternate universe' is simply that of "Screw you, I'm making whatever I want. I have the money to finance MY project and I'll do it my way."

His smug expression in the magazine and newspaper interviews I've seen is all I need to classify him "unlikeable".

I'll "like" a 150 year old Klingon instead, thanks. The Klingon is far more reliable, doesn't give you stupid smug expressions, doesn't remake your entire house without knowing how it's currently laid out, etc etc.
I Know how you feel about JJ, you have a beautiful mind, my dear friend. I hope the vengeful spirit of Roddenberry comes back, and pulls a Brandon Lee"The Crow" on his A*&.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-13-2012, 02:30 AM
Really someone should time warp back before he was born and pay his parents not to have kids